Non Resident CCW

Non Resident CCW

This is a discussion on Non Resident CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a FL non resident ccw and next month I`M taking the class for UT`S non resident. I don`t pick up any new states ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Non Resident CCW

Non Resident CCW

I have a FL non resident ccw and next month I`M taking the class for UT`S non resident. I don`t pick up any new states near me,with an UT,but states(case and point DE) are always dropping and adding states they honor. I figure it would not hurt. I`M just curious. How many non resident ccw do you have?
    NRA Member! Give an inch, they will take a yard.

I have Pensylvainia and Florida. I also have my home state Ohio.

If you're not getting any benefit from it, I see no reason to pay for it and not have any use from it. IMO that's money and time thrown away.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank19119 View Post
    I have a FL non resident ccw and next month I`M taking the class for UT`S non resident. I don`t pick up any new states near me,with an UT,but states(case and point DE) are always dropping and adding states they honor. I figure it would not hurt. I`M just curious. How many non resident ccw do you have?
    Zero non-resident permits. They aren't merit badges. Unless there's a legitimate "need" for one, why would I waste time and money on getting one?
    kmckinnon and Gimme_Coffee like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have a FL non-resident, along with my home state VA permit. The primary reason for me getting the FL is that I vacation in DE and they recently dropped VA from their recognized permits list, but accept non-resident FL. The fact that I get several other state recognitions with FL that I do not with VA us a nice bonus.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I don't have any other than Illinois, but the Utah was touted as a must-have.

I don't go anywhere so I don't have the need.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Resident WI and Non- Resident Utah. These cover all the states we travel in or want to.

Distinguished Member
    I have Wisconsin and Utah.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    In the current bag i have Resident Maryland

Non-res , PA , VA , FL , UT and i have the application in for NV waiting for approval .

I like having the overlap because of states ability to change also we travel all over the USA .
    3rdegree and Hank19119 like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Non-res, here. Works well for filling in the blanks during travels, to most any place that I go.

Of course, it complicates travels a little, requiring a double-check each time I'm about to go. Small price to pay, for the added peace of mind, IMO.
    Hank19119 and 3rdegree like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Kwc

Non Resident CCW

I do a fair amount of traveling and have PA resident and FL non-resident.

I live in IL (active duty military) but unfortunately can't get one here since I'm not a resident. PA covers me in the car in IL and in neighboring states. The FL license allows me to carry in OH when driving back to see family in PA.

Don't you just love this patchwork approach to exercising our second amendment freedoms?
    Hank19119, JDE101 and Haywood like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post

Non-res , PA , VA , FL , UT and i have the application in for NV waiting for approval .

I like having the overlap because of states ability to change also we travel all over the USA .
    What? No Guam or Puerto Rico? You're slipping up big time.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Non-res, here. Works well for filling in the blanks during travels, to most any place that I go.

Of course, it complicates travels a little, requiring a double-check each time I'm about to go. Small price to pay, for the added peace of mind, IMO.
    True. I have enough work keeping up with FL laws, much less another states. I visit NC 1-2 times a year and brush up on those states, although NC law is a merry-go-round to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwc View Post

I live in IL (active duty military) but unfortunately can't get one here since I'm not a resident. PA covers me in the car in IL and in neighboring states. The FL license allows me to carry in OH when driving back to see family in PA.

Don't you just love this patchwork approach to exercising our second amendment freedoms?
    Most states have a clause allowing military to be issued a permit in that state. IL perhaps not. Heck, in FL active military can get a permit at 18.
    welder516 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Kwc
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Most states have a clause allowing military to be issued a permit in that state. IL perhaps not. Heck, in FL active military can get a permit at 18.
    Correct, IL doesn't have such a clause. Legislation has been introduced to fix this but hasn't made it out of committee yet.

To answer the OP's question:

Only my NY. I don't have any non-res yet, but plan on getting PA, FL, & UT as soon as I can. Should be a total of less than $200. Well worth it if you ask me.

The way I see it is; that it is better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it. (I have heard that somewhere before, & thought it fit here also)

Welder516a
    ... How'd ya get that? I hear they are pretty hard to come by, even worse than NY.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwc View Post

If you're not due to PCS soon, just get an Illinois driver's license and then you are a resident. Are you living in housing at Scott?
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links