Elementry school teacher and ccp shoots self in leg

This is a discussion on Elementry school teacher and ccp shoots self in leg within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Teacher accidentally shoots self in leg | KSL.com In a restroom. For crying out loud be sensible and careful. She got hauled off in an ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Elementry school teacher and ccp shoots self in leg

VIP Member

Teacher accidentally shoots self in leg | KSL.com

In a restroom. For crying out loud be sensible and careful. She got hauled off in an ambulance in serious condition. Can't wait for the media to jump on this one. I guess I could come up with a more damaging scenario but it would take time and lots of thought.

I am proud that so many teachers here in Utah have chosen to be enabled to protect their students and themselves. It is terrible when one who has chosen that route then displays such careless behavior which could jeopardize this practice.

No students were present when this happened.

Good grief.

It does make an argument for more training being required.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

There is a bill in the Missouri House right now, waiting for a vote to override the governor's veto. One of its provisions is to allow the arming of teachers in schools. Good grief is right!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience! - George Carlin

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    sounds silly but having taught for over 20 years that is one question which is often asked....

and it is so easy to PRACTICE AT HOME WITH IT UNLOADED till you have a safe method
    [truth is, it is easier if you are wearing pants]

....so few actually do though -- even those who teach our children. sad, yes?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Probably not the one you want protecting your kids.
    gatorbait51 and JohnHancock like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Incidents like this sure don't help our cause at all.

I wish they would start giving details as to HOW these neg discharges are happening. Reholstering?? Pocket carry with no holster, etc, etc. It will help as a learning aide to reveal details.
    msgt/ret and LtBlue425 like this.

Senior Member Array Gimme_Coffee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    sounds silly but having taught for over 20 years that is one question which is often asked....

and it is so easy to PRACTICE AT HOME WITH IT UNLOADED till you have a safe method
    [truth is, it is easier if you are wearing pants]

....so few actually do though -- even those who teach our children. sad, yes?
    I agree with practicing at home. With a good holster, it's very easy to go to the bathroom with a gun. I just leave the dang thing alone - no need to remove the gun from the holster just to pull your pants down. Leave it alone, with the whole thing in place. Easier to do with a skirt, though - you just pull up the skirt and don't have unzip or pull anything down.

But apparently, according to the article, she was injured "when she was shot in the leg by her handgun". They make it sound like her own gun just up and shot her.
    DingBat, msgt/ret, Aceoky and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme_Coffee View Post
    I agree with practicing at home. With a good holster, it's very easy to go to the bathroom with a gun. I just leave the dang thing alone - no need to remove the gun from the holster just to pull your pants down. Leave it alone, with the whole thing in place. Easier to do with a skirt, though - you just pull up the skirt and don't have unzip or pull anything down.

But apparently, according to the article, she was injured "when she was shot in the leg by her handgun". They make it sound like her own gun just up and shot her.
    Thank you dear woman! you just made all my problems go away!!! I totally found my new carry method, now to figure out where to get skirts for my wardrobe...
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Well, maybe the gun just didn't feel like going to school that day.

Too many stories like this lately. That's the third ND at a school or college I've seen reported in the past year. How many are we not aware of.

The key word is "NEGLIGENT" - every such incident is 100% preventable.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    Thank you dear woman! you just made all my problems go away!!! I totally found my new carry method, now to figure out where to get skirts for my wardrobe...
    I suggest this, if you have the legs for it. Great for concealment, too:

lng0113v2.jpg

I suggest this, if you have the legs for it. Great for concealment, too:

lng0113v2.jpg
    I certainly hope you don't wear that with patients around.
    Gimme_Coffee and gatorbait51 like this.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I certainly hope you don't wear that with patients around.
    It's not mine. But now I want one. You could conceal a medium-sized kitchen appliance in that thing.

No training in the world will help stupid. When I`M out, my gun stays in my holster, in my pocket. Unless I have to use it,there is no reason to go into my front right pocket.A gun is not a new damn toy or cellphone. I`M sick of having to fight off new gun laws, because of other stupid people.
    gatorbait51 and JohnHancock like this.
    NRA Member! Give an inch, they will take a yard.

Not clear on exactly what happened. My guess? It tumbled free and she grabbed for it. (If so, could this be a good case for manual safeties for some carriers?)

Hopefully, she recovers fully, gets some additional training and practice (and perhaps a different handgun); and, the whole episode is just an embarrassing lesson in safe carry..

gatorbait51 likes this.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

And for you gentlemen teachers out there, there's this. But G_C's caveat about having the legs for it still applies.

Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    And for you gentlemen teachers out there, there's this. But G_C's caveat about having the legs for it still applies.

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'going commando'.
    It isnít the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links