My gun was stolen today.

My gun was stolen today.

This is a discussion on My gun was stolen today. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, technically my purse was stolen and the thieves got a surprise when they went through it. My Sig P238. I'm without identity, without money, ...

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree918Likes

Thread: My gun was stolen today.

My gun was stolen today.

Well, technically my purse was stolen and the thieves got a surprise when they went through it. My Sig P238. I'm without identity, without money, without a side window, and without my gun. Feeling pretty crappy.

I did everything right except trust that people wouldn't break into my vehicle in broad daylight with many people around. Lesson learned. This couple is very good at their chosen profession. They might have made a go at it in law-abiding society.

There were several good samaritans- one complete stranger even offered a hug. Too bad we can't tell those complete strangers from the ones who want to hurt us.

Advice? I filed a police report. I want my gun back. Be careful out there everybody. Thanks for the shoulders.
    NRA Life Member

Sorry that it happened. It is one of the reasons we recommend on body carry rather than off body carry. I hope you get your gun back and that it works out for you.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

This is either a good argument for vehicle gun safes or tinted windows that can't be looked into.
    That sucks.

Way to woman up and post this so everyone else can learn from it. Lesson learned and now pray no one gets hurt. Good luck getting your gun back.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Dang. Sorry to hear this.

Sorry to hear that. Off body carry is never a good idea. Purses are thief magnets.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Way to woman up and post this so everyone else can learn from it. Lesson learned and now pray no one gets hurt. Good luck getting your gun back.
    You bet! I'm guilty of doing the same thing at times ( No purse. Just dumb bunny. ). No more! Good luck in the future.
    Last edited by gasmitty; September 21st, 2014 at 04:49 PM. Reason: language workaround
    BenGoodLuck and gatorbait51 like this.
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience! - George Carlin

Sorry for your bad-luck. Glad that YOU're okay! Without getting too specific, may I ask if you're in a metro, suburban or rural area of The Bluegrass? Was your purse visible from outside the car? Is it a high-end (late model, expensive) vehicle? Were other nearby vehicles broken into? I'm just trying to guess why your particular vehicle was targeted.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Live & learn
    Walther PPS 9mm
    MDJ IWB holster // Cooks AIWB holster
    Nelson IWB spare mag (www.nelsonholsters.com) *DC Sponsor*
    Filson belt (www.filson.com)
    SOG Twitch2

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Sorry to hear what happen to you. Crime happens everywhere - even in Kentucky - but we usually fight back.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Sorry about your misfortune. I'm sure people will jump on you for leaving your purse in the vehicle with gun it but that's not important. You weren't hurt physically and property can be replaced. You now have to make the decision as how you are going to modify your carry process and security arrangements. Obviously off body carry is not a ideal situation but sometimes cant be avoided. I don't know if a car safe would have helped or not, but it at least can slow down the BG's to some degree. Professional break in artists are very good and quick about it. Chances of ever seeing your pistol again are slim at best. Follow all the advice out there on ID theft and get ready for a long period of frustration and paper work. Please, do give your carry routine a long hard look and modify it to suit what you have experienced.

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    Never leave valuables in a vehicle if they are visible. No one even pays attention to car alarms any more. Not uncommon to hear one in a parking lot, and nobody even looks anymore. Smash and grab literally takes only a few seconds.

I see this all too often, and even worse are the women that leave their purse in the shopping cart and then turn their back to the cart while looking for something on a shelf.
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing." - Adolf Hitler

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    My wife says I'm right trust no one but her and my son. Sorry for the theft of your property

Can I ask why? You left your purse in your vehicle instead of taking it with you!? We live and learn! I hope no one gets hurt!

Do you have the serial number for the police and a receipt for insurance? Hopefully your little one finds its way home!

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Links