I'm in Chicago

I'm in Chicago

This is a discussion on I'm in Chicago within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Once a year I make a business trip to Chicago. What's missing from this night stand? I just keep hoping that maybe, one day, I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: I'm in Chicago

I'm in Chicago

Once a year I make a business trip to Chicago. What's missing from this night stand?

I just keep hoping that maybe, one day, I will be able to bring my gun with me. One thing I will say for the situation is that my SA gets a good workout while I can't carry.

VIP Member
    Looking at the bright side: At least it's just once a year!!!!
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemgb View Post
    Once a year I make a business trip to Chicago. What's missing from this night stand?

I just keep hoping that maybe, one day, I will be able to bring my gun with me. One thing I will say for the situation is that my SA gets a good workout while I can't carry.

A Bible placed there by the Gideons?

If your knife is > 2 1/2", it's also illegal (under a Chicago-specific ordinance, not state law.)

It's laws like that that have made Chicago the safe, calm and loving locale it currently is.

:)

Larry

Form your thumb and finger into a gun and state very loudly to any bad guy: Pow! Pow! Pow!
    (Hope you have a safe trip.)
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    The pen may be mightier than the sword, but a .45 caliber sword on the right hip can come in pretty handy sometime.

A tumbler of Scotch....

Laphroaig preferred.
    “Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.”
    ― Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by dt guy View Post
    If your knife is > 2 1/2", it's also illegal (under a Chicago-specific ordinance, not state law.)

It's laws like that that have made Chicago the safe, calm and loving locale it currently is.

:)

Larry
    Didn't know that, I always research gun laws, never thought a pocket knife could be a problem, except on a plane of course. Luckily this one only has a 1.5" blade.
    CLASS3NH likes this.

I know your feeling, I was just here in business at the end of last month.

Keep safe.
    CLASS3NH likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemgb View Post
    Missing? A fresh resume' for a job that doesn't include going to Chicago in the job description.

But seriously; I no longer visit "Thug-Town"(not the people, the corrupt polititions)...not because I'm scared since when I did go there it was to mostly Lakeshore Dr area; but because I refuse to spend my money at a place that is anti "...life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Bulletproof vest?

But seriously, why can't you bring a gun to Chicago? You can transport and have whatever you wish on that nightstand. Carrying...no.

Keep dreaming if you're wishing to carry... Won't see it in our lifetime just like NYC and NJ the powers at be feel safe so they don't care if you do or not.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    Ruger LC9 - Hornaday Critical Defense

Cool

A minimum .68 oz dispenser of pepper spray but a 2 oz. can of pepper spray would be preferred if it's legal in Chicago.

photo.jpg
    click image to enlarge.....

If your flying there make sure the pepper spray is in your checked luggage.

Good luck.

http://www.pepper-spray-store.com/pages/laws

Oh yeah, don't go to stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things i.e.: strip clubs
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARS1 View Post
    Keep dreaming if you're wishing to carry... Won't see it in our lifetime just like NYC and NJ the powers at be feel safe so they don't care if you do or not.
    Don't think that would work to well. Not long ago a maid rifled through some guys stuff and found a gun. He got into a lot of trouble about it.

My bad wrong place, my computer hick uped

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gregivq View Post
    Bulletproof vest?

But seriously, why can't you bring a gun to Chicago? You can transport and have whatever you wish on that nightstand. Carrying...no.
    That dog won't hunt ether.

Distinguished Member
    I know your pain - I am there once or twice per year myself. I don't really like visiting places like Chicago, NYC, Washington DC and the like but it is necessary for work - and I must do what I must do, at least until I am independently wealthy or retired (with the latter being far, far more likely).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links