Defensive Carry banner

1st Trip To Wally World For Wife With CCW!!

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Steve48 
#1 ·
After a pretty short wait for my wife, her CCW permit came on Friday. I told her that we had to make a trip to Waly World as it seems to be kind of a tradition thing to do. She didn't feel the need but went along with it anyway. She was impressed:slap: .
What is the deal with making a trip to Waly World any way with a new CCW permit. I know it is done, but I am not sure why.
Anyway, she is pretty happy to have her permit!!

Ron

#2 · (Edited)
What is the deal with making a trip to Waly World any way with a new CCW permit. I know it is done, but I am not sure why.
You go to walmart because it is somewhere where there are bound to be many other people. The faster you come to know that nobody knows you are carrying the easier it is for you to carry since you dont get that feeling that everyone is watching you just waiting to yell, "THAT PERSON HAS A GUN!" It helps you realize the :sheep: wont notice you have it until you need it.

Basically it is to form comfort with carrying and reaching for things on shelves and doing other daily tasks.

Can we get a full list of what needs to be done while at walmart; enjoy the nachos!

Glad to hear your wife has joined the numbers

#3 ·
Thanks Mark, that makes all the sense in the world! She is pretty stoked about having it. We have been trying for close to a year to get it, but it is not easy to get to the office during their "Open Hours". I finally had time off at Christmas and we got it done:smile: .

Ron

#4 ·
What is the deal with making a trip to Waly World any way with a new CCW permit
Mark has explained yes - and it has become something of a CombatCarry tradition over time :smilez:.

Maybe it's also a good way to ''go in the deep end'' - manage thru that without uncovering or constanly fiddling with clothes and you are on the way!

#5 ·
I went to WW over the weekend when I received my permit to carry. Just because I wanted some cheap plinking ammo for the range at my cabin. I have learned now it is the thing to do! :image035:

#6 ·
I still like going to walmart; walking around among the sheeps and wolves; maybe another sheepdog here or there. It's nice knowing that I have a means to effectively defend myself and others from an attack by a violent criminal, and knowing that the people around me don't know how effectively I would be able to do that if the need arises.

#7 ·
You don't need no stinkin' reason... it's tradition! :rofl:

:bier: Congratulations to the little lady!

#9 ·
Congrats on your CCL. :congrats:

I went to Cabelas for my first CCW experience. It's more crowded than Wally World.

A bit of irony though when I went to purchase my XD at Cabelas; I paid for the gun and they walked me to the door carrying it in its case inside a shopping bag, handing it to me as I stepped out the door like it was contraband or something. I assume this is a method of ensuring people don't walk around the store with guns that they could load. I found the exercise rather amusing since I had my cocked and locked 1911 riding in a Yaqui slide on my hip the whole time. :lol:

#11 ·
Real reason...

To insure your continued proficiency with the infamous Terminator Carts. You know, the ones that are covered with small gray rubber "car ding" protectors and will not roll correctly because of bent wheels. Among other things it is thought operating this cart increases strong side muscle strength and visual acuity.

(I just tickle myself) :laugh:

Nah, its just kind of a CombatCarry CCW Forum tradition.

#13 ·
Awe man... you can't eat ammo! If you do you'll just shoot your mouth off! SHEESH! :gah:

Have the fries instead! :rofl:

#17 ·
Hey erikd65, it was the Valley Wally World. But Spokane in generally is getting to be a place that I feel safer carrying all of the time. A lot of crap goes on here. Thanks for saying hi.

Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.