confused

confused

This is a discussion on confused within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i conceal carry my edc everyday, i dont open carry. i m so confused where i can carry and where i cant carry. i saw ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: confused

confused

i conceal carry my edc everyday, i dont open carry. i m so confused where i can carry and where i cant carry. i saw some sign on the front door at some establishment "no weapon allowed", i was wondering if i dont tell or show, does it matter? and if i get caught, will i get in trouble? i do understand i cant carry to any government properties and school properties.

i carry because i am a small business owner and i fired few "bad workers" and they treat me with some harms. i dont take it seriously enough to tell the law about it but for "just in case".

also, i will be traveling to florida next year for vacation, i know i cant carry it at amusement parks, but what about tourist destination area with "detector, or screaning" such as aquarium?

please point me to the right direction. thanks in advance

VIP Member
    Please, please go look up your state laws. You need to understand all of them thoroughly to carry.

Check out Handgunlaw.us for a synopsis of the laws and links to state sources.

In short, every state is different. In some states signs carry the force of law and in some they do not. Prohibited areas vary from state to state so the only answer is doing your homework.
    OldVet, Maxwell47, tdave and 7 others like this.

do you have a permit? or CC while at work? you dont have a state listed so start here:

Handgunlaw.us

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    You need to do a lot of homework, my friend. To help you along in your FL questions, Google Florida statute 790.06. It will list the places where you are not legally allowed to carry a firearm. [There is practically NO OC in FL.]

The signs do not have force of law in FL, but if by chance you are detected carrying a gun you will surely be asked to leave. That includes the chaos of Mouseville and its associates.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

i live in tn. the link provided help a lot. yes i do have handgun permit and i carry everywhere i go.

what if i go somewhere and didnt know no weapon allowed, how can i go from there. can i declared them and have them lock it somewhere and i take it back whenever i'm done with the business? if my vehicle is not far away, i will lock them in the glove compartment area.

VIP Member
    I cannot see any business having a place for you to lock up a weapon, and personally I would not want to turn a gun over to someone else to secure anyway.

I visit TN for business fairly often and hate the signage laws. I have had to walk back to my car to lock away a gun more than once. The best you can do is to scout your locations ahead of time to either disarm or avoid. Or, keep a safe in your car and be prepared to walk back and use it.

I would not ignore prohibited locations - if you are caught they can prosecute you and you will most likely lose your license; whether you knew about the prohibition or not.
    0justme and tdave like this.

VIP Member
    Good links listed above. In Utah signs have no force of law. That means that when I'm carrying concealed (99%) of the time I ignore them. If they call me on it (never has happened, concealed = they don't see it) I would happily leave (Well, maybe not happily) without any argument. I don't normally frequent the post office (does anyone still actually go there?) or the airport so for the most part I am golden. You haven't listed the state you live in so I don't know about signage laws there nor what states lie between you and Florida. For the interstate travel it depends to some extent where you have your permit. Good luck and have fun researching.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Deleted my post. OP posted home state while I was typing. Yep, go with the links provided above.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

sorry, i thought it list my location on the avatar. i'm in tennessee

Yes...in TN signs carry the weight of law. If you have a TN HCP this should have been clearly explained in your class. There are a few (very few), places that provide lock boxes. You need a good car safe that cables to the seat frame or similar location. FL has reciprocity with TN, their laws differ from TN but your permit is honored there.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

When power is up for grabs; personal liberty is usually one of the first casualties…

Didn't you learn where you are not allowed to carry in ccw class?

We walk about and defend ourselves within the law or not. Literacy has it's advantages within the law.

We have never walked about, armed and dangerous, without law, for more than a millennia or two, as of lately...........
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by ericb445 View Post
    Didn't you learn where you are not allowed to carry in ccw class?
    Yes I did.
    It's just sometime confuse when someone said you can carry in the park, some establishment and some not. My local post office don't have a sign for no weapon allowed but some nearby town do. My local bank don't care about weapon and others have sign(Regions bank).

Quote Originally Posted by 0justme View Post
    Yes I did.
    It's just sometime confuse when someone said you can carry in the park, some establishment and some not. My local post office don't have a sign for no weapon allowed but some nearby town do. My local bank don't care about weapon and others have sign(Regions bank).
    You need to study the law a little more, Bro. Thanks for showing up.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

I would recommend you pay a TN lawyer's hourly fee and sit down for a lengthy discussion with him/her, take notes, ask questions, get examples. Your local Sheriff or police resource officer may be another option. You really should know this stuff in and out, the information is out there, but not everyone can make sense out of legal statutes/documents. A local NRA trainer, CCW instructor, Pro. 2nd Group, etc. could steer you to someone in the legal profession that could help you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links