Arizona Non-Resident CCW Training

This is a discussion on Arizona Non-Resident CCW Training within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, Has anyone used a Texas CHL training course certificate to satisfy the training requirement for an Arizona Non-Resident CCW permit? I don't have a ...

Thread: Arizona Non-Resident CCW Training

Hi,

Has anyone used a Texas CHL training course certificate to satisfy the training requirement for an Arizona Non-Resident CCW permit? I don't have a Texas CHL yet, but I have taken the course. The Arizona laws regarding acceptable training aren't clear to me, and when I emailed the Arizona DPS my response was essentially a "maybe."

Thanks!

No but you should try calling a local shop in Arizona that does classes and ask them if they know. Caswells in Mesa, Scottsdale Gun Club in Scottsdale. Just a couple off the top of my head.

I used my Ohio certificate to get my AZ non resident ccw.

VIP Member
    Utah cert worked for me....

AZ Tactical (Shooters World) in Phoenix and Peoria could answer any of your questions.

KY proof of training worked for me and my wife two years ago.

They accept our CC license if we have one, as meeting their training requirement. The training requirement here... 8 hrs on laws & guns ..... also a shooting qualification (18 hits in area of target out of 25 shots ... X number of shots at each distance they specify) , written test, and show that you know and demonstrate gun safety while on the range, and can answer the questions on the test related to safety.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I am an AZ instructor. It should be accepted. The law more or less reads "a safety course by an instructor". That's not verbatim, but any CCW or NRA course should work. The actual wording is on the DPS site.

Why not just wait till your Tx permit arrives then just send a copy?

who has been found to constitute a danger to himself or to others or to be persistently or acutely disabled or gravely disabled pursuant to court order under section 36-540, and whose right to possess a firearm has not been restored pursuant to section.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    They accept our CC license if we have one, as meeting their training requirement. The training requirement here... 8 hrs on laws & guns ..... also a shooting qualification (18 hits in area of target out of 25 shots ... X number of shots at each distance they specify) , written test, and show that you know and demonstrate gun safety while on the range, and can answer the questions on the test related to safety.
    My course was 5 hours guns and self defense and then a 50 round live fire qualification.

I am an AZ instructor. It should be accepted. The law more or less reads "a safety course by an instructor". That's not verbatim, but any CCW or NRA course should work. The actual wording is on the DPS site.
    Thanks!

who has been found to constitute a danger to himself or to others or to be persistently or acutely disabled or gravely disabled pursuant to court order under section 36-540, and whose right to possess a firearm has not been restored pursuant to section.
    Um. What?

Sponsored Links