If you EDC - do you also carry at home?

This is a discussion on If you EDC - do you also carry at home? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry from the moment I wake up until I put my head down on my pillow to go to sleep. Then rinse and repeat ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: If you EDC - do you also carry at home?

I carry from the moment I wake up until I put my head down on my pillow to go to sleep. Then rinse and repeat the next day - 7days a week. I also EDC one or two folding knives. I was wondering if there are many others out there that don't carry at home? If you don't carry at home, can you tell me your reasons why you choose not to?

I have an associate that doesn't carry at home because he has 23 guns stashed throughout his house. He always has an option!

Thanks for the reply muckaleewarrior, can you ask your associate the Upside of stashing 23 guns throughout his house vs EDC at home? Very curious to hear his reasoning. My hope is that for his other weapons, that they are secure in a gun safe or two. Highly recommend Fort Knox Safes. (in addition to Fort Knox Handgun Safe and Single Shotgun Safe - great products)

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Of course I carry at home. If a person carries anyplace they should carry at home.

Every gun we have is either on us or in a safe. No guns "stashed" anyplace. We have grandchildren and young kids over all the time. I view stashed guns as a tragedy waiting to happen. Safe beside bed for HD guns (G19 with TFO sights and rail light) is unlocked when we go to bed, locked when we get up. Carry safe in my closet holds 4 loaded guns. Wife's safe is bolted to a shelf in the pantry.

Loading and unloading guns, and handling loaded guns, is when NDs are most likely to happen. So we minimize that. All loaded guns in the carry safe are in pocket holsters. We have a 5 gallon bucket of dry sand with a plastic lid on it in my closet to provide a 'safe direction.'

Fitch
    CIBMike and nortelrye like this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Yes, I carry at home. Yes, I always keep one in the chamber. No, I don't unload the magazines.

I carry from the time I awake, till i go to bed (Sans showering & napping).
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

For the 147th time, if I'm dressed, I'm carrying.
    joker1, Recon1342, OD* and 9 others like this.
    Never argue with an idiot in public. People passing by won't know which one of you is the idiot.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Even at home. Once clothed, im armed
    Recon1342, Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.

No kids, so I'm a 'stasher'. The only time I carry at home is if I'm working outside, or if I have guests that are in and out, and I don't know the status of my door locks.
    Sister likes this.
    It isn’t the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

I always have a gun on my hip unless I'm at work (prohibited by MARSEC) or at a prohibited place.
    cj7ox and Bekkers like this.

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muckaleewarrior View Post
    I have an associate that doesn't carry at home because he has 23 guns stashed throughout his house. He always has an option!
    Why so few ? I almost always have one within reach. Gotta shower sometimes ya know !

VIP Member
    If I'm awake, I'm armed.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

In my view, home is the most important place to carry.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Your question proceeds from a assumption that my EDC pistol is my only only form of SD (IF) a
    BG gets in my home..AND (IF) the BG manages to breach my security measures another question begs to be answered.

Is a fast moving projectile from my handheld device the only form repelling a attack?

Lots of (IF'S)

I won't say if I do or do not carry within my home; what I will say is anyone uninvited to my home seeking to do me harm; well...it would be a bad day for them..a bad day indeed.
    cj7ox and Hi_Point_Guy like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

if I'm dressed I'm armed and I'm considering riveting a kydex shell to my butt cheek so I can carry in the nude
    Recon1342, cj7ox, MrHater and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links