NH CCW Permit Question

NH CCW Permit Question

This is a discussion on NH CCW Permit Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I have a quick question for anyone who lives in NH. I recently moved to NH from TN and decided to apply for my ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pro

Thread: NH CCW Permit Question

NH CCW Permit Question

Hi, I have a quick question for anyone who lives in NH. I recently moved to NH from TN and decided to apply for my CCW permit. I'm an Ex-Corrections Officer and have a spotless record as well as lots of firearms training as it was required for the job. I applied for my CCW at the local police department 3 weeks ago, I was told it would only take 2 weeks to get my permit. I went by again and found out that the Chief didn't do the CCW permits but a detective was in charge of it. I asked to see the detective and they called back but he wasn't in, to the surprise of the dispatcher, so she left a message to call me and gave me his ext. to call myself. I called myself and left another message, then contacted the 3 people I gave as references. They haven't even contacted my references. My question is this normal or is someone dragging their feet and what my options are now. I don't want to ruffle to many feathers as it's a smaller town and I don't want to be known as the hillbilly troublemaker in town lol. If anyone has any thoughts please send them my way as I don't know what to do next.

They are required to contact you if the permit is denied along with reason for denial. That should have been stated on application. I believe the time is 10 days for either the issue or denial but do not hold me to that. I would just check back it may have been lost in the shuffle of daily papers and nothing against you. Others may chime in with a better answer so stay tuned and good luck.

Pro

NH CCW Permit Question

Edit: I checked, it's actually 14 days:

"The license shall be issued within 14 days after application, and, if such application is denied, the reason for such denial shall be stated in writing, the original of which such writing shall be delivered to the applicant, and a copy kept in the office of the person to whom the application was made. The fee for licenses issued to residents of the state shall be $10..."
    Last edited by Pro; November 8th, 2014 at 06:44 PM. Reason: edit
    winmod94 likes this.
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member
    Comm2A Supporter

Distinguished Member
    When my wife and I got our non-resident NH permits, they never contacted any of our references.... so don't that that part of your situation worry you too much :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Sponsored Links