Starbucks and guns

Starbucks and guns

This is a discussion on Starbucks and guns within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wasn't sure where to post this - hope this is the place. I usually don't go to any "Coffee" Places & if I get coffee ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Starbucks and guns

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Starbucks and guns

Wasn't sure where to post this - hope this is the place.

I usually don't go to any "Coffee" Places & if I get coffee it's either at my local gas station that I frequent or home - but - after lunch with my wife this past Veterans day my wife asked me to pull into a local Starbucks and take advantage of their Veterans day special free cup of coffee.
    She thought it was a free cup of anything they offered and wanted one of their fancy ones for herself. :-)
    PS: BTW - the freeby was only for one plain cup of regular coffee.

Anyway - when I walked up to their entrance I thought about all the stuff I'd read about them being antigun so I looked around their entrance and everywhere I could see in their window and inside and did not see any signs at all making reference to no guns or guns at all.

No big deal just thought I'd let ya'll know.

Do you folks see any no gun signs in your Starbucks?

I wonder if it depends on the location? Around here lots of folks have concealed carry permits and carry - open carry is legal but you rarely see it.
    Last edited by ArmyCop; November 13th, 2014 at 02:47 PM.
    NYADK likes this.
    For God, Family and Country!

Good point. No I haven't seen any in my area. Northern Detroit suburbs. After reading and understanding the issue it seems that it were fools carrying long weapons into their locations that caused the ruckus. I really can't blame any business owner for that.
    ArmyCop, msgt/ret and StevePVB like this.
    "Above all else, be armed." Niccolo Machiavelli

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    From the horse's mouth;

......today we are respectfully requesting that customers no longer bring firearms into our stores or outdoor seating areas—even in states where “open carry” is permitted—unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

I would like to clarify two points. First, this is a request and not an outright ban.
    http://www.starbucks.com/blog/an-ope...e-company/1268
    OldVet, Aceoky, Oreste and 4 others like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Starbucks has not and never did "ban" firearms in its businesses. That's a claim made by the twisted panty people. Starbucks CEO politely "asked' people to not bring firearms in, and stated it will continue to serve its customers, armed or not.

What happened is the "Pro-gun" crowd made Starbucks the battlegrounds for its cause. Starbucks, declining to be that focal point (just as any business would that had no dog in that fight), tried to politely step out of an unwanted an unresolvable debate.
    OD*, Fizban, BritishAgent and 9 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Starbuck isn't and hasn't been anti gun. They did not prohibit guns they simply ask that they not be openly carried in the stores.
    OD*, ArmyCop, denclaste and 2 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array jmf552's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Starbuck isn't and hasn't been anti gun. They did not prohibit guns they simply ask that they not be openly carried in the stores.
    So would a Short or a Tall gun be more acceptable than a Grande or Venti gun?

Don't ever go to Starbucks myself but even if they did have a sign they'd never know i was carrying in the first place. They seem to be as described above just trying to get out of an unwanted debate probably brought on by the "moms" in my opinion as they have nothing better to do than stay at home and go to Starbucks thinking up new schemes while dad is hard at work probably wishing he himself could have a permit and plotting himself a divorce.... Again just my opinion.
    OD*, ArmyCop and Stoveman like this.
    Ruger LC9 - Hornaday Critical Defense

“To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms,and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…” -Richard Henry Lee

I wouldn't know in my area in western MI, I don't drink the burnt mud that the coffee places sell.
    OD* and ArmyCop like this.

I love Starbucks! I go there for a Venti bold black coffee with two add shots of espresso and a slice of their pumpkin bread. Mmmm good!
    OldVet, ArmyCop, Aceoky and 4 others like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARS1 View Post
    Don't ever go to Starbucks myself but even if they did have a sign they'd never know i was carrying in the first place. They seem to be as described above just trying to get out of an unwanted debate probably brought on by the "moms" in my opinion as they have nothing better to do than stay at home and go to Starbucks thinking up new schemes while dad is hard at work probably wishing he himself could have a permit and plotting himself a divorce.... Again just my opinion.
    Actually, it was the Pro-gun crowd and the "It's my right" OC'ers who started using SB as a staging point, In the ensuing backlash from the Antis, The CEO essentially asked them to go else where with the battle and leave SB to serving coffee.

I sense this is going to be a "Here we go again" thread.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Well in my neck of the woods we have a Target with a Starbucks in it. Need to take a turn through in the next couple of weeks to see how that goes.
    ArmyCop, THESHIELD and msgt/ret like this.

I'm mostly a gas station coffee guy, but do go to Starbucks on occasion depending on where I'm at. None of the 3 locations in the St. Louis metro area that I've been to have any signs. I usually get a large blonde roast. I refuse to say the word "grande".
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

I look forward to their gingerbread latte 'round the holidays.

I refuse to say the word "grande".
    Haha same. Saying medium used to annoy them (I think at one point it was policy to correct customers), which was fun, now they don't seem to care.
    ArmyCop likes this.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    I'm mostly a gas station coffee guy, but do go to Starbucks on occasion depending on where I'm at. None of the 3 locations in the St. Louis metro area that I've been to have any signs. I usually get a large blonde roast. I refuse to say the word "grande".

Italians refuse to say large at their coffee shops.
    OD*, Lbox88, OldVet and 4 others like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by mnmbrewing View Post
    Well in my neck of the woods we have a Target with a Starbucks in it. Need to take a turn through in the next couple of weeks to see how that goes.
    There's really nothing to see. Business as usual for both Target (Which I believe also asked folks to not carry guns in) and Starbucks.
    ArmyCop likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links