Do you "advertise" the fact you have guns?

This is a discussion on Do you "advertise" the fact you have guns? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you advertise the fact you have guns? Do you Post, tweet, share, show pictures of your guns or share pro gun posts? Tell people ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Do you "advertise" the fact you have guns?

Do you advertise the fact you have guns?

Do you

Post, tweet, share, show pictures of your guns or share pro gun posts?

Tell people you don't know very well the guns you have or that you carry?

This is more geared specifically to Facebook and or Google+ where your life, location and other details are more open to the public.

If you do or do not please share why.

I don't because I don't want them stolen if word got out I owned "lots" of guns.
    Last edited by Sherlockanubis; December 9th, 2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Better worded question.
    357MagMan likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlockanubis View Post
    Do you advertise the fact you have guns?

Do you

Post, tweet, share, show pictures of your guns or share pro gun posts?

Tell people you don't know very well the guns you have or that you carry?

If you do or do not please share why.

I don't because I don't want them stolen if word got out I owned "lots" of guns.
    I'm coming up on twelve thousand posts on a very gun-oriented forum with ninety thousand members.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Not me. I love hanging out on forums I have absolutely no interest in.

No. I do not "advertise" anything or social circle anything. Only my trusted friends and some work associates know that I am into guns. Many ask advice. I am a gunsmith so it sort of fits into my mantra. I share very little here about me being able to own my own country somewhere. LOL!
    Old Sarge likes this.
    How much difference is there between terrorism and tyranny?

Distinguished Member
    While I have made a post or two in support of my LGR/LGS on Facebook, I don't mention anything gun related anywhere but here. But I assume no one is really paying attention here anyway.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Our friends, relatives, and neighbors know my wife and I both carry and have had guns for many years. I have never understood the double super secret society of gun ownership and concealed carry. I also open carry occasionally. I grew up in the 1940s and 1950s in the Southwest when many people owned and carried guns openly.
    Gun_guy and SatCong like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Senior Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Posting on the Internet is not worrisome for me. But the other day, I pulled up behind a truck that had Magpul, Gadsden Flag, S&W, and Glock stickers on his rear window. It screamed "I have guns!"

My Internet peeps can't easily find my house....but I could have followed this guy home if I wanted to.

So I limit my participation to speaking about it in ways that are least risky. My house, car, or clothing don't say "tacticool" by any means.
    Ianthin, Gun_guy and 357and40 like this.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Senior Moderator
    I don't worry about it so much.

I have a page on Facebook devoted specifically to the custom builds that I do.

That alone keeps me busier than I need to be.
    Czombie likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

No nobody could possibly know I have a gun or guns or carry a gun.

Anybody that comes to home will see a gun strapped on me when I open the door because I always carry one at home.

Im posting on a gun site on oh so secure internet.

I assume everyone living in ear shot of my home is deaf, otherwise I wouldnt go out and shoot every other day or so.

I OC quite a bit in town but I dont think anybody knows what the gun is.

How can anybody know I have guns????
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member
    I've shared images of some of my firearms here and on another forum or two.
    Local people that I don't know very well know almost nothing about me.
    Several of my close co-workers know I carry... and I know they carry... we'll often go in on bulk ammo buys when we find good deals.
    I have no weapon related stickers on my vehicle nor do I have any displayed on my property.
    I don't lose sleep worrying about someone stealing my firearms... I don't leave any unattended in my vehicles and those not under my immediate control are secured in an 800 pound safe, in a house with an extensive, layered security system.

I'll occasionally even post pictures other than guns.... here's a quick shot of my keychain to prove it!

----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I have a shared a few pics on Facebook of my kids shooting their 10/22. Hopefully no one breaks in for that.

Other than here? No. No one other than my family and a few friends know I have guns and shoot. That's why I was so happy to find this forum. I was bubbling over with the desire to chat with people with the same interests as me.

As to why, that's easy. Being a semi public figure I have to keep all my political and social beliefs separate from my public image. Thank God for DC!
    GuyFromHuntsvil and Sister like this.
    “Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    ~Sheriff Jim Wilson

Shat no. I am not on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. I do enjoy some gun forums but I doubt anyone here knows who I am. I have no bumper stickers on my cars and I don't wear any gun or tactical clothing, My wife, kids, and mother know I carry concealed, but that is it. It's really nobody's business.
    ginzo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    I've shared images of some of my firearms here and on another forum or two.
    Local people that I don't know very well know almost nothing about me.
    Several of my close co-workers know I carry... and I know they carry... we'll often go in on bulk ammo buys when we find good deals.
    I have no weapon related stickers on my vehicle nor do I have any displayed on my property.
    I don't lose sleep worrying about someone stealing my firearms... I don't leave any unattended in my vehicles and those not under my immediate control are secured in an 800 pound safe, in a house with an extensive, layered security system.

I'll occasionally even post pictures other than guns.... here's a quick shot of my keychain to prove it!

that keychain is a winner! So funny!
    Kennydale likes this.

My immediate family and good friends know. And probably all 145 people on my friends list. Because I like things and they show up in others news feeds on Facebook. I don't have any stickers but I do wear a gun hat occasionally.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links