Attention California members!!!

This is a discussion on Attention California members!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have posted this before but it bears repeating. There is a myth going around the CCW community that it is impossible to get a ...

Thread: Attention California members!!!

Attention California members!!!

I have posted this before but it bears repeating. There is a myth going around the CCW community that it is impossible to get a concealed carry permit in CA (or as some people would say "The Republic of Kalifornia"). This is absolutely untrue. While some counties (such as Los Angeles) pretty much will not issue unless you have documented threats against your life, there are many counties that are very pro-issuing. Most of these are rural, BUT there are non-rural counties (such as Orange) that the Sherriff will issue provided you have a valid Good Cause. If you are a resident of CA and want to know what your chances are take a look at http://californiaccw.org/ I applied early last year without the benefit of this website. I was promptly denied. I found the site a couple months later and with the expert advice of some of the members I was a proud holder of a CCW permit within a couple of months. Since I have been a member of the site there have been scores of individuals who have received their permit with the help of our fellow members. Come over and take a look.

2. Remove Ads

I second what Chris is saying. I would never have known it was possible, much less actually apply and receive, my CCW License in Orange County had it not been for what I read as a lurker at California CCW.
    For information on getting your CCW License in California please visit CalCCW.

Senior Moderator
    Congrats on the Cali CCWs! I've always thought that Cali was pretty much a no CCW state. Thanks for letting us know.

Finally. californa is getting ccw friendly.I guess the facts finally had an impact.

i too received my permit about 4 months ago here in california, thanks to www.californiaccw.org .

Quote Originally Posted by x-ricer View Post
    i too received my permit about 4 months ago here in california, thanks to www.californiaccw.org .

I've had one for 3 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Finally. californa is getting ccw friendly.I guess the facts finally had an impact.
    It's still very location dependent. But the more CCWs we get issued without blood running in the streets, the harder it gets for those non-issuing sheriffs to justify their discretionary abuses in issuance.
    For information on getting your CCW License in California please visit CalCCW.

I also got mine but not due that web site. I just happened to live in a county with a good sheriff. I placed a thread a while ago that stated what you are saying that rural counties in CA are very much pro CCW. It's great to know there are many more kali's getting their permits. Just pay attention to the laws and do whatever you can to give CCW a good name...
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Have to second this one. It depends very much on the county you live in. Fortunately, I live in Kern county, where the sheriff issues the permits. You still have to have a "reason", it's not quite a "shall issue" situation, but permits are not denied out of hand, as they are in San Francisco county. My wife and I were both approved last week.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Congrats on the Cali CCWs! I've always thought that Cali was pretty much a no CCW state. Thanks for letting us know.
    To quote the moderator at californiaccw.org "It's all about saving lives".

Spread the word, the winds are changing. Encourage everyone you know in California to apply even if the are in low issue counties. The more people that apply the more the legislators will have to take notice. It will certainly not change overnight but it can be done.

Uhm, I'm another Californian with a CCW.

Thank You again Sheriff Corona for giving this girl the ability to protect herself from the psychopath that has already tried to kill me once before.

Quote Originally Posted by BexSoCal View Post
    Uhm, I'm another Californian with a CCW.

Thank You again Sheriff Corona for giving this girl the ability to protect herself from the psychopath that has already tried to kill me once before.
    Hey Bex, good to see you over here.

It's like a reunion, except different.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    It's like a reunion, except different.

Yeah, different.

Links