multi state CWP online classes

This is a discussion on multi state CWP online classes within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a Washington resident with many hours of range time and hold a current CHP. I travel to multi states, including Oregon, Ut, Az, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956

Thread: multi state CWP online classes

I am a Washington resident with many hours of range time and hold a current CHP. I travel to multi states, including Oregon, Ut, Az, Id as well as many others, I am looking for the best online multistate class that will meet the NRA certification requirements. Any tips or advice is welcome. Thank you in advance.

What NRA certs are you referring to?
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

The class certificate must have a certified nra name and instrutors #, I am looking for legit classes, there seems to be a lot of classes, yet not all of them offer a certified certificate. Thanks

There are no online only classes that meet NRA requirements for a basic pistol class. Range proficiency is part of it.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

If you're looking to add some states, pick up the Arizona permit. If you did any firearms training to get your Washington permit, you can send them a copy of it and it will satisfy the training requirement. Then all you have to do is fill out an application and get two fingerprint cards done. Mine only took 3 weeks mailbox to mailbox. Although, it won't add Oregon.

This map is invaluable.
    Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

Obtain a New Concealed Weapons Permit - Arizona Department of Public Safety

I thought about getting an AZ Permit. It would only add 3 states, TX, WI, and GA. And I don't plan on visiting any of them any time soon. So I'll stick with one permit for now. Would consider getting one that PA honors, since I go there a few times a month.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

VIP Member
    The New Hampshire permit, which can all be done by mail, will give you a few more states.
    JDE101 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I got a Utah non-resident permit last year to augment my WA permit. Took a class at a local Sportsman's Warehouse. No range time required.
    It would cover all but OR. It was reasonable and unlike our WA permit it is a photo ID which I really like. Took a couple of months to get iirc.

Unfortunately OR doesn't accept permits from other states, you'll have to apply for theirs directly. The UT class will cover the required training for OR though. Also, you have to make an appointment for an OR permit, choose application location wisely as there are many areas that are less than carry friendly.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info

Thanks for the info

I took a $10.00 online course from an NRA instructor to meet the Oregon requirement. I have had lots of training but needed an approved Oregon class to get the non-resident permit. Very simple, only took 30 minutes. With that in hand I made an appoint with Sherman county and was processed. My son and I did it at the same time. We had our Oregon permits in eleven days!
    Then I took the same training certificate and applied for Arizona, took about 9 weeks but I got it. With OR & AZ along with my WA resident permit I good all over the west except Ca, NV and CO.
    When going to OR to apply be VERY carefull which county you apply in. Sherman country was a pleasure, great people! We had tried another county closer and it was a nightmare, long story.

I'm a Washington resident and got my OR permit through Multnomah County and renewed it last fall - easy peasy.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links