Range time with the Sig P229 went wrong,so packed up and will retest this weekend

Range time with the Sig P229 went wrong,so packed up and will retest this weekend

This is a discussion on Range time with the Sig P229 went wrong,so packed up and will retest this weekend within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now Im all for training when it comes to pistols/long guns etc. My home shooting range is a well run facility with current/former LE and ...

Like Tree31Likes
  • 5 Post By palmcoaster
  • 2 Post By SpencerB
  • 2 Post By Ianthin
  • 1 Post By palmcoaster
  • 2 Post By Ianthin
  • 4 Post By darbo
  • 4 Post By PhaedrusIV
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By palmcoaster
  • 1 Post By darbo
  • 3 Post By sickpirate
  • 2 Post By OldVet

Thread: Range time with the Sig P229 went wrong,so packed up and will retest this weekend

Distinguished Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar

Now Im all for training when it comes to pistols/long guns etc. My home shooting range is a well run facility with current/former LE and Military. Long story short. A man and his wife I'm guessing were in the two lanes next to me. Upon cease fire bell, range master checked firearms on the line and called clear. Line went cold. I walked out to check/change when to my horror look back to see the man and his wife across the line with firearms in their hands. I threw my hands up in the air like a perp and expressed my dismay. Went back to my lane, packed up and left.

VIP Member
    Where was the RSO?
    gatorbait51 and momsy like this.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

VIP Member
    How did the RO handle it?
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianthin View Post
    How did the RO handle it?
    I saw him speak to them but he was an RSO I hadn't seen before so not sure of what he had to say to them. i know this, the main range officer (had he seen it, would have been much more strict and lecturing)
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I would have been spooked and upset too, were they asked to leave?
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Scary to see that happen! I have seen it at my local range too. The RSO, retired Marine, spoke very slowly and clearly to the people about how the procedure works and then they were excused from the range for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    Now Im all for training when it comes to pistols/long guns etc. My home shooting range is a well run facility with current/former LE and Military. Long story short. A man and his wife I'm guessing were in the two lanes next to me. Upon cease fire bell, range master checked firearms on the line and called clear. Line went cold. I walked out to check/change when to my horror look back to see the man and his wife across the line with firearms in their hands. I threw my hands up in the air like a perp and expressed my dismay. Went back to my lane, packed up and left.
    Did you holler, HANDS UP, DON'T SHOOT ! ???

That's pretty scary. I'd have packed up and left too ! Holy cow.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Why should you suffer for fools? I would have suggested to the RO, and possibly owner, that the couple leave, not me.
    Ianthin, gatorbait51 and ChAoS84 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    Scary to see that happen! I have seen it at my local range too. The RSO, retired Marine, spoke very slowly and clearly to the people about how the procedure works and then they were excused from the range for that day.
    ^^ That there deserves a double like.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

your local range near Daytona?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    your local range near Daytona?
    Sebastian. Nice public range just east of I-95.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I'm done with public ranges, was shown a nice area close to me that has no houses near it. Not too many know of it.
    Springfield XD 9mm
    Smith and Wesson M&P 9c
    NRA Member

Sponsor
    Bad scenario all around.

I'd have had more than a few qwords with the rso and the couple about my life being threatened with great bodily harm or death.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    I no longer frequent ranges that have no vetting process.

I may be accused as being a hoity toity elitist; but at least I will remain a live hoity toity elitist; besides, after some time, standing in a static stall punching paper just isn't training IMO.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

VIP Member
    Sebastian. Nice public range just east of I-95.
    You too? Guess you weren't there the day a guy put a .22 Mag round through his palm. It can happen anywhere. Another oddity is the RO made me reassemble my Glock once (was changing over from .22 adapter to the OEm slide) to make it "safe." I thought disassembled guns were fairly safe.

We should meet there with Molleur some time.
    momsy and Recon1342 like this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links