Question for florida residents

This is a discussion on Question for florida residents within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am currently stuck driving around a rental car and I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any laws that I need to ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By miklcolt45
  • 2 Post By Paladin3840
  • 1 Post By StevePVB
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Question for florida residents

I am currently stuck driving around a rental car and I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any laws that I need to be aware of while carrying in the rental car in florida.

Nope. Nothing changes.
    FlaRon and Aceoky like this.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

The law per 790.025 FS

5) POSSESSION IN PRIVATE CONVEYANCE.—Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012.

17) “Securely encased” means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.
    Secret Spuk and DoctorBob like this.

Distinguished Member
    There is nothing in FL firearms law related to vehicle ownership. When you get right down to, if you have a car payment you are aren't driving your car.

But note -- IANAL.
    patriot1121 likes this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Nope, keep it concealed as if you were in your own vehicle.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Pro
    Nada. Not a current FL resident, but am carrying this week in my rental in the Sunshine State on my FL CWP.
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member
    Comm2A Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    5) POSSESSION IN PRIVATE CONVEYANCE.—Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012.

17) “Securely encased” means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.
    That says it all right there!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links