Post your "well loved" handgun/holster pictures here!

This is a discussion on Post your "well loved" handgun/holster pictures here! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to carrying so I have nothing to offer here...YET! However I would love to see pictures of guns with "character".... Like a ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Raphael82
  • 2 Post By GerryS
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Post your "well loved" handgun/holster pictures here!

I am new to carrying so I have nothing to offer here...YET!

However I would love to see pictures of guns with "character".... Like a badge of honor, if you have trained hard and loved your handgun well, show us that "patina" that that a warrior's weapon earns. Earned from blood, sweat, and tears, show us your "life-line" and why it's special to you. There is something majestic in a handgun with the finish rubbed off in areas with dings and scratches accrued over the years.

While there is nothing like a worn handgun, a worn holster is often in good company with said weapon. At some point depending on the materials a holster may have to be laid to rest due to safety. But it deserves a memorial for all that service! Show it off if you have one stored away or if you have one that still functions but is getting "long in tooth" that is great as well!

I hope that I have the honor of posting a picture here in the future!

Thanks in advance for sharing, I look forward to beauties with character!
    Last edited by Raphael82; February 8th, 2015 at 04:07 PM. Reason: punctuation, spelling, etc...
    Kutz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael82 View Post
    I am new to carrying so I have nothing to offer here...YET!

However I would love to see pictures of guns with "character".... Like a badge of honor, if you have trained hard and loved your handgun well, show us that "patina" that that a warrior's weapon earns. Earned from blood, sweat, and tears, show us your "life-line" and why it's special to you. There is something majestic in a handgun with the finish rubbed off in areas with dings and scratches accrued over the years.

While there is nothing like a worn handgun, a worn holster is often in good company with said weapon. At some point depending on the materials a holster may have to be laid to rest due to safety. But it deserves a memorial for all that service! Show it off if you have one stored away or if you have one that still functions but is getting "long in tooth" that is great as well!

I hope that I have the honor of posting a picture here in the future!

Thanks in advance for sharing, I look forward to beauties with character!
    Well, here is my S&W 686 that I bought in the early '80s when I was somewhere around 20yrs old. It's stainless steel, so there isn't much finish to wear off. While I was visiting my girlfriend in Sedona AZ. in about 1985-6, I wandered into a place where I thought I could buy a holster for it. Well, I was informed that this place does not just sell holsters, but crafts them for your specific gun. $600 later I have that holster, (serial numbered to the gun) which can be attached to your belt, with a removable flap to cover the gun, or can be used with their shoulder rig. In addition, they made the matching speedloader holder, and shaved my grips and covered them with leather. I wish I had kept the grips, but the rest of the work was real nice, if expensive. All of that stuff has spent a lot of time in various closets and drawers over the years though.

Gerry
    welder516 and wsigl91 like this.

Looks like a great setup!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Ruger SR40C in a 3Speed Holster 3Speed 4-6-2014.jpg

Glock G19 in a 3Speed Holster Glock 3Speed.jpg

I have one for each firearm. I wear them as an appendix carry. I can wear them in gym shorts, jeans etc
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Well here's my EDC.

P1010187.jpg

Now if you want old.

IMG_0436.jpg
    Recon1342 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Administrator
    We have lots of these threads already. And pictures of carry set ups are not concealed carry issues.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links