No justice in N. O.

No justice in N. O.

This is a discussion on No justice in N. O. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; truly amazing, this is what happens when a legal system collapses. http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpa...140.xml&coll=1...

Thread: No justice in N. O.

No justice in N. O.

truly amazing, this is what happens when a legal system collapses.

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpa...140.xml&coll=1

Administrator
    Sorry to burst the bubble, but this just isnt in N.O.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Well please allow me to be the first to point out that from my scan of the article it deals with a civil right that is just as vital as the 2nd ammendment ( speedy trial ) . If the prosicutors cannot make a case in 180 days from an arrest then the accused SHOULD walk free . I dont care if they are accused of murder , or possession of a firearm during an emergancy ( NO specific charge i belive lol ) . Point is it takes probable cause to effect an arrest , and if the .gov dingleberrys cannot move from that to trial in half a dammed year , why should anyone be wearhoused in a jail untill it meets the convienance of the .guv drones to address the case ?
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Well please allow me to be the first to point out that from my scan of the article it deals with a civil right that is just as vital as the 2nd ammendment ( speedy trial ) .
    +1

We have the right to a speedy trial, even though it means some scumbags get let out on the streets.

We have the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, even though it means some ******** with slick lawyers will beat the rap.

We have the right to keep and bear arms, even though some idiots will use a gun to hold up the local stop-n-rob.

We accept the cost of bad people misusing these rights because guaranteeing these rights to law abiding citizens is worth far more than the damage criminals do when they misuse them.

i think 60 days is plenty of time for charges to be brought against a criminal. actually, i think that's more than enough time.

More targets on the loose.
    FREEDOM MATTERS!

Most of you guys have no idea what New Orleans is like. It is another country, not another city. The pretty pictures the media attempts to paint for the sake of tourism is a gigantic lie, just look at their murder rate. Native Louisianians have known for decades exactly what NO is, and it ain't pretty. New Orleans has a population that has been government supported for generations. Our tax dollars pay for their housing, schooling, medical needs, food, utilities, EVERYTHING. With no need to have a real job, they have plenty of time for their criminal enterprises. In the 2000 Census, New Orleans had a population of 484,674. It is no different now, except for 99% of the honest citizens will not go back, so that leaves a larger criminal element and fewer potential victims for them. I have been to New Orleans twice in 40 years, both times I was heavily armed, with very good reason.

Citywide Totals 2004
    Offense
    Murder 265
    Rape 189
    Armed Robbery 1381
    Simple Robbery 455
    Assault 2178
    Violent Crime Total 4468
    Burglary 5238
    Theft 12544
    Auto Theft 6869
    Non-Violent Crime Total 24435
    The perfect reason for CCW.
    D
    Last edited by dr_cmg; February 13th, 2007 at 10:36 AM.

Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Well please allow me to be the first to point out that from my scan of the article it deals with a civil right that is just as vital as the 2nd ammendment ( speedy trial ) .
    +1

that post came up pretty quick. i'm wondering how long it would have taken me to realize that point. the first natural thought is "how can you just let these murderers go free" but you really have to look at all the angles and all the reasons.
    What's this button do?

Best thing to do with N.O. was not to fix the dikes so people could not return. Damn place was built below sea level. Let the sea have it back. Most of the flooding was where the scum bags lived anyway. I am tired of my tax dollars being sucked down the hole by their mayor and freeloaders. IMHO.

Sponsored Links