Gun Law Needed

Gun Law Needed

This is a discussion on Gun Law Needed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; To protect us from anti gun company's, and what can happen to law abiding gun owners. http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D8N6DQ2O1.htm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Law Needed

Exclamation Gun Law Needed

To protect us from anti gun company's, and what can happen to law abiding gun owners.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D8N6DQ2O1.htm
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Isn't the ABA smart enough to understand that a parking lot ban won't stop anyone but the law abiding worker from having a gun in their car?? If your a BG, crazy, or have a grudge and mean to kill your co-workers, your bigger idiots than we all thought you were if you think this will "stop" anything.. ABA please send out Kevlar signs aprox. 18"x18" that can be hung up where they are easily seen and gotten to in the work place. At least those would do some good to stop the deaths if used as shields. ABA why do you back "feel good" laws that will do NOTHING?

VIP Member
    "Unfortunately, this is an all-too-common event," said Brian Siebel, senior attorney at the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence. "A gun is available in the parking lot for an employee who may be unstable and who reaches a snapping point. This should be a no-brainer."
    Yep, it's a no brainer alright. Just happens to be a no brainer the other way around.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Explain the Statistics!!!!!

"Roughly 1,000 people are killed at work each year and guns are used in 80 percent of those incidents, the ABA says, citing federal estimates".

First off... let's get to the heart of the #... it isn't 1000..... it's 800 (80%).

Second.... How many were the BG that was "TAKEN OUT" by LEO's or Legally Armed Citizens in the proccess of terminating the event?

Third.... how many were not killed as a "direct" result of a GSW.... Out of control vehicle, Building failure (fire, etc), fall/trauma attempting to escape, etc.?

None of the deaths of innocents is acceptable... but, let's get the info straight!

OK, Now let's hear the break down of the statistics that are used to come up with this number....

How many of these are Armed Robberies BG's not employed there (or more likely anywhere)?

How many are BG's as seen at Killien Tx. Luby's, San Yesidro McDonalds, Columbine, Etc.?

Was this a multi year average (with freak #'s as above) to come up with this number?

How many of these may (regretfully) be LEO LODD's. (Chances are it was not fellow Officers)?

How many of these are P.O.ed customers or wives/husbands/girlfriends/boyfriends that come on property (where they are not employed) to seek some revenge?

How many are legally owned/obtained guns?

How many of the BG's are CCW holders?

And

And why are we quoting "ESTIMATES" to come up with this number?

Mark Twain said "There three types of lies... LIES, DAMN LIES, & STATISTICS!"
    Condition "yellow" is a heightened state of awareness & response.
    It is not paranoia...
    "IT IS YOUR ONLY ROUTE TO SURVIVAL"

An armed & knowledgeble Citizen has significantly increased their chances of continued Freedom & Safety... SO ALSO IMPROVED IS THE FUTURE OF THEIR NEIGHBORS

Private vehicles are exactly that, private. I can not fathom someone telling me what I can or can not have in my car (within reason; and the 2A is reason enough for me).

My company is one of those who do not allow you to have a gun on their property. Here is the complicated thing, They do not own the parking lot where the business is located. So could they fire me with out getting the crap sued out of them? Makes for an interesting point...
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Administrator
    I think the only way a company can dictate what you have in your car or on your person for that matter, is if it was a condition for employment. If you agreed to follow their rules when you took the job, when broken that could be grounds for dismissal.
    "Just blame Sixto"

They Can't Search Your Car...

Quote Originally Posted by produman View Post
    My company is one of those who do not allow you to have a gun on their property. Here is the complicated thing, They do not own the parking lot where the business is located. So could they fire me with out getting the crap sued out of them? Makes for an interesting point...
    if it is not on their property...can they search it in front of your house too?

By search it, I mean you can refuse, but then you're toast...not so if it's not on their property.

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    In July 2003, Lockheed Martin employee Doug Williams abruptly left a training session at the company's Meridian, Miss., plant and retrieved a shotgun and semiautomatic rifle from his truck in the employee parking lot.

He opened fire on employees, killing six and wounding eight.
    This hits close to home for me. I work for Lockheed Martin, and they happen to have one of these ridiculous no-guns at work or in your car policies. Plus, since it's a NASA facility, they have guards at the entrances, and all employees (and their vehicles) are subject to random search. Of course, this doesn't mean that it's impossible to sneak stuff in. Far from it, and most of the guards are pretty lax. But I don't want my vehicle to be the one they decide to search on a whim and find my pistol in it.

My only question is this: did LM's already existing policy keep this nutjob from killing his fellow employees? The answer is obvious to anyone with a brain.

One good thing about Kentucky. Employers can't fire you for putting your gun in your vehicle. If they do, the AG has to take your case and sue them for you.

On the flip side. When will people realize that legally owned firearms are not the issue? It's not a difficult concept...
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Sounds like a no brainer to me!! Steve48

More ignorance, that's all it is. I really can't grasp how people can be so stupid. I really can't.

If someone's going to come into work to shoot up the place, more than likely they wouldn't be a permit-holder, and if they're going out in a blaze of glory, they wouldn't care about any corporate "policies."

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'd rather get fired than give up my rights.

take it one more step---what if you have your weapon secured in a separate container? like a COM safe, or even a locked briefcase?...would they be able to search that too? Uncle Sam has his rules...and I follow them....but when I decide to work in the private sector, am I at the mercy of the company's general counsel when I am off the clock, coming to or from work?

I agree that employers should not bar firearms from the parking lot but I'm not sure I like the idea of legislating it. If the lot is private property, I do not want the government coming in and telling them what to do with it.

I disagree with the policy but I am not ready to surrender yet another private right to the government, even if it conflicts with what I would prefer the company do. If it is that important to me, I will find another job.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    take it one more step---what if you have your weapon secured in a separate container? like a COM safe, or even a locked briefcase?...would they be able to search that too? Uncle Sam has his rules...and I follow them....but when I decide to work in the private sector, am I at the mercy of the company's general counsel when I am off the clock, coming to or from work?
    Yes. You have no right to avoid searches in a voluntary private employment agreement. You get to choose whether to accept the job or not. They could require you to allow them to search your home daily as a condition of employment. Don't like it? Don't take the job.

The only real limitation is when their rights as an employer conflict with anti-discrimination rules. They could not, for instance, search the cars of all black employees without getting sued in a major way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links