Tony Cornish: Mall of America

This is a discussion on Tony Cornish: Mall of America within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...-terror-threat Minnesota Rep To Challenge Mall Of America's 'No Gun' Policy | The Daily Caller Although I am not a MN resident, I did write ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Tony Cornish: Mall of America

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...-terror-threat

Minnesota Rep To Challenge Mall Of America's 'No Gun' Policy | The Daily Caller

Although I am not a MN resident, I did write Mr. Cornish to encourage him in waking up the sleeping mall owners in the immediate removal of these dangerous signs.
    Although the signs have zero force of law; I hope he can do something with his office to pressure the mall owners.

I am currently engaged in a local effort to have the "No Firearms" signs removed at the baseball park here in Fort Wayne as I posted sometime back here in the forums.

We should ALL write Mr. Cornish to encourage him to continue his fight as it does indeed have implications for every patriot.
    Last edited by RightsEroding; February 24th, 2015 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Agree. He IS one of the good guys.
    "We've already run the misfits out of our country." Matthew Quigley

Don't know much about him but on this topic he's right on target.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Distinguished Member Array patri0t's Avatar
    Some are stating the Mall of America is 'Abetting' Islamic and Somalian Terrorists. An interesting charge should anyone be injured or worse, while being denied their 'constitutionally protected' Civil Liberties.
    I am losing sympathy for those who refuse to take personal responsibility for their safety or that of their loved ones &/or dependents.

If someone is afraid to protect themselves or dependents, they can hire a bodyguard like the 'Mommys Demand' cult does.... or tag along with a 'responsible' citizen.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Anyone that beheads, sets on fire, suicide bombs, ect... others is not going to adhere to a no weapons sign.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...-terror-threat

Minnesota Rep To Challenge Mall Of America's 'No Gun' Policy | The Daily Caller

Although I am not a MN resident, I did write Mr. Cornish to encourage him in waking up the sleeping mall owners in the immediate removal of these dangerous signs.
    Although the signs have zero force of law; I hope he can do something with his office to pressure the mall owners.

I am currently engaged in a local effort to have the "No Firearms" signs removed at the baseball park here in Fort Wayne as I posted sometime back here in the forums.

We should ALL write Mr. Cornish to encourage him to continue his fight as it does indeed have implications for every patriot.
    Irony is just so ironic!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Yay Minnesota discussion! =)

Side note: in MN the signs have limited power: if you are discovered to be carrying, the worst they can do is ask you to leave. If you leave when asked, you've broken no laws. If you refuse to leave, the worst they can pin on you is trespassing.

Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?
    “NO” 624.714 Subd. 17 Code for Gun Signs in Business
    (Handgunlaw.us Recommends You read 624.714 Subd. 17)
    State of Minnesota in Court of Appeals A07-131 (Click Link for Full Ruling. Pg. 9 & 14)
    Edina Community Lutheran Church, Respondent, Unity Church of St. Paul, Respondent, vs. State of
    Minnesota, Appellant.
    Even after making a reasonable request that guns not be brought onto the premises, and even if that
    request complies precisely with the terms of the statute, the owner or operator of a private
    establishment must also order a person who refuses to comply to leave the premises, before that
    person can be prosecuted for petty misdemeanor trespass. Minn. Stat. § 624.714, subd. 17(a). In
    addition, the gun possessed by the trespasser is not subject to forfeiture. Id.; cf. Minn. Stat. § 609.531,
    subds. 1(b), 4 (2006) (weapons subject to forfeiture).

Quote Originally Posted by gloves12 View Post
    Yay Minnesota discussion! =)

Side note: in MN the signs have limited power: if you are discovered to be carrying, the worst they can do is ask you to leave. If you leave when asked, you've broken no laws. If you refuse to leave, the worst they can pin on you is trespassing.
    True in all states where signs do not carry force of law.

If I am ever asked to leave, I'm outta' there after I politely hand them a small card that essentially reads..

"I am a law abiding citizen with a license to carry a firearm issued by the State Police.
    I have been finger printed and passed a background check which states I am a person of good character...

Can all your customers say the same?"

if you are discovered to be carrying
    If that be the case, well sir; I am not carrying properly.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    i would think this would come up in court cases after shootings in "gun free" posted zones. If they are limiting patrons from protecting themselves, doesn't the building have a higher duty to protect? and thus carry more liability burden.

Al sha BOOB should also know there are nearly 200,000 carry permit holders in MN and growing by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Some are stating the Mall of America is 'Abetting' Islamic and Somalian Terrorists. An interesting charge should anyone be injured or worse, while being denied their 'constitutionally protected' Civil Liberties.
    I am losing sympathy for those who refuse to take personal responsibility for their safety or that of their loved ones &/or dependents.

If someone is afraid to protect themselves or dependents, they can hire a bodyguard like the 'Mommys Demand' cult does.... or tag along with a 'responsible' citizen.

Distinguished Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    The only place where I remotely worry about being made is a bank. For several reasons. But I almost never have to actually go inside one anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    The only place where I remotely worry about being made is a bank. For several reasons. But I almost never have to actually go inside one anyway...
    I've been conducting my banking business at the same place for 20 years; they all know me and know I carry.
    Aceoky, airslot and BenGoodLuck like this.

I've been conducting my banking business at the same place for 20 years; they all know me and know I carry.
    I don't want anybody in a bank to know I am carrying. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I don't want anybody in a bank to know I am carrying. :)
    Why?

Why?
    I wouldn't want some employee to do something stupid like say 'Hey you have a gun, do something'.

I want to be able to pull the ace from up my sleeve when I choose to pull it and don't want anybody else to know I have an ace.

Some bank jobs involve an insider. I just don't need a teller insider to know I am a person who is armed.

Although concealed is concealed, I don't want any customer to be able to detect I am armed. A robbery team might have somebody looking for potential threat customers.

Just my preference. Heck I won't even use my bank's ATM machine when the bank is open because it's right there at the entrance to the bank. I don't need to be standing right there if something goes bad inside the bank.
    BenGoodLuck, wmhawth, mkh and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Given that a 'mystery' tunnel was discovered in Toronto near the site of this summer's Pan American Games, the MoM would do well to remove their 'no-guns' signs, and ENCOURAGE law-abiding citizens to carry on premise.

Police in Toronto have discovered a tunnel with electricity supplied by a generator near one of the venues for this summer’s Pan American Games, a spokesman said on Monday.
    Toronto mystery tunnel: Rexall Centre discovery prompts dig for clues | World news | The Guardian
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links