Wife wants CWL

Wife wants CWL

This is a discussion on Wife wants CWL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday wife and I were driving into Idaho Falls when we noticed a bunch of Police cars with lights flashing (I thought what now after ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife wants CWL

Wife wants CWL

Yesterday wife and I were driving into Idaho Falls when we noticed a bunch of Police cars with lights flashing (I thought what now after Walmart shooting and Utah Mall shooting, but, just a traffic accident) and I heard my wife say:"You have your gun" "Yes" "Good! .................I think I should get a CWL" "sounds good to me"(staying calm holding my excitement).................."But, then again I'm always with you" (still staying calm baiting the hook)and I say "Two guns are better than one".................. "Good point can we look into it"(hook set) So, tonight Valentine's Day gun shopping and hand gun class on the 24th (reel her in)
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

congrats i talked my wife into getting hers. she will be going for her classes prob sometime next month.

congrats
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Good job, sir. My wife is not a fan of firearms. But now that we are expecting a little one, she has been asking questions and may consider getting a carry permit.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Assistant Administrator
    That's great

My wife ''converted'' a coupla years ago now but I still need her to be more dilligent about frequency of carry. Even now she thinks one gun is enough - plus she is off on her own at times and forgets to carry

Still working on it - softly softly - and hope to get things improved.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

PatrioticRick...

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    Yesterday wife and I were driving into Idaho Falls when we noticed a bunch of Police cars with lights flashing (I thought what now after Walmart shooting and Utah Mall shooting, but, just a traffic accident) and I heard my wife say:"You have your gun" "Yes" "Good! .................I think I should get a CWL" "sounds good to me"(staying calm holding my excitement).................."But, then again I'm always with you" (still staying calm baiting the hook)and I say "Two guns are better than one".................. "Good point can we look into it"(hook set) So, tonight Valentine's Day gun shopping and hand gun class on the 24th (reel her in)
    I'm actually excited for you!

I'm married 36+ years now and it took me 32 of those years for her to get her CCW and another two for her to start...little by little to take a gun along. We're working on it...

Congrats to you...

Get her to a class with other women, or better yet a female instructor if you can find one...

Then after she completes the class...a trip to the jewelry store...they always love that...final stop...a gun shop for her to pick out her EDC...

Good Luck...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My wife has become interested in getting her CCL with the sudden rash of crimes around the Orlando area. Several driveway robberies of folks coming home from the gun range, local restaurant crowd terrorized and man shoot, guy killed at bank this afternoon. BGs are getting bolder and bolder.

COngrats, sounds like you have a true keeper there!

Great job and congrats!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Careful...she will start getting to be a better marksman than you!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Good deal , get her qualified , then absolutly get any handgun she wants , sell yourself on the streetcorner to do it but do it lol . After that just watch out because she will cull the herd so to speak doing emminate domain on any firearm that comes under your roof , yours or not .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    Good deal. When we settled down in Idaho after 21 years of migrant Marine Corps life, my wife got her CCW permit. She took a CCW class at Impact Arms and got her permit. I got her a Taurus 85Titanium 38 Spl, practiced before her class and she used it at class to qualify. She outshot the whole class of 9 and was the only woman in the class and used the only wheel gun.

Welcome her to the world of self-responsibility! What a great V-day present for you.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Good for her! And for you.

Please keep us up to date on how she does. And tell her congrats from all of us on her decision!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Congratulations.....
    Now convince her "she" needs an Springfield M1A Loaded..... ;o)
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Question for SAS 20485... so how does one know that these driveway robberies happend to people on the way home from the gun range? Were they ID'd as gun owners publicly somehow? If they were on the way home from the range were they carrying? Something smells fishy with that?

Congrats .........

Just make sure your gun is bigger than hers
    A LTTLE TRAINING IS A DANGEROUS THING ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links