CCW Badges??? - Page 5

CCW Badges???

This is a discussion on CCW Badges??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can you imagine a two time looser, who just did his third bad thing, all of a sudden seeing your CCW BADGE, and thinking it ...

View Poll Results: So use a "Concealed Carry Badge"?

Voters
531. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Keeps people from freaking out if my gun is exposed. I know I'm not a cop.

14 2.64%
  • Maybe. I'll have to think about it some.

25 4.71%
  • Not for me. I won't harrass you for having one though.

70 13.18%
  • Uh no.

205 38.61%
  • No. People who carry these are wanna be cops.

76 14.31%
  • No. People who carry these are such posers and I regard them with contempt.

133 25.05%
  • It's illegal in my state.

8 1.51%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CCW Badges???

VIP Member
    Can you imagine a two time looser, who just did his third bad thing, all of a sudden seeing your CCW BADGE, and thinking it was LEO all the way, and willing to do anything to stay on the outside...
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp
    Can you imagine a two time looser, who just did his third bad thing, all of a sudden seeing your CCW BADGE, and thinking it was LEO all the way, and willing to do anything to stay on the outside...
    Actually, no I can't. IF I were to do something like get a CCW badge and actually use it, it would NOT be for showing the bad guys. It would be for showing to the good guys so they don't shoot me by mistake.

Of course half of them would likely fall on the ground laughing, and the other half would want to toss me in the slammer for false personation, but that would be another effect entirely.

Who makes the most professional ones? I need one.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    If you have a CCW badge your a wannabe this or a wannabe that is jumping to farfetched conclusions about a person that you don't even really know. I don't want or need a CCW badge but I can't figure for the life of me why some of you feel that the people that want to carry one is some kinda wannabe. If the little piece of metal DOES NOT say anything to the effect of being a police officer/LEO then so what. The people that just assume that the badge holder is some kind of LEO are the ones that have some "adjustments" to make. Also,why would any good,well trained, LEO really care if you carried a CCW badge as long as you never even came close to professing to being some kind of LEO ?? There are alot of us(myself included) that own"black rifles" and we don't try to make people believe that we are SWAT or military. Let the "others" assume all they want. Just don't even come close to saying that you are an LEO or trying to make people believe that you have some kind of LEO or arrest powers. During a "bad" situation if you had your badge out,held it up and stated"concealed carry permit" what would be the harm ?? How many of you have, or have seen, on the back window of someone's car a sticker that has a sherriff's badge(the real one) or a state police badge(the real one). In my neck of the woods all you gotta do is donate some money to some kind of police ass'n and they mail you a sticker. How many of you(especially LEO's) feel that this is wrong ?? ----------

Administrator

addition

One problem with carrying a badge is as follows:
    It is now against Federal Law for any NON LEO to perform anything that could be construed or misconstrued as a Police Action while displaying a badge. So you leave yourself open to the interpretation of a poorly written vague law by lawyers...as to if you (in any way) acted as a LEO (or took any Police Type Action) while you were flashing a CCW badge.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    oregonshooter work on your mall ninja speak bud the question is who makes the most tactical one LOL

Administrator

OR howbout a "PERMIT TO CARRY A PISTOL" Badge! :poke:
    BE SURE NOT TO CARRY A REVOLVER IF YOU ONLY HAVE A PERMIT TO CARRY A PISTOL.

This is the one I carry:
    Last edited by QKShooter; December 5th, 2005 at 04:14 PM.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    One of the ones that I have been offered was the 7pt. star with the seal of the state of Fla. and your permit number down below. If I was a badge kinda person,this is the type that I'd want to carry. I don't think that any LE agency uses this type of star.-------

Administrator
    Meanwhile...I really like badges and military insignia but, just don't think I would carry one if I was not LEO.

I did a nice western SAA holster once...with a real Texas LEO badge set into it....from a town called LITTLE ELM, TEXAS.
    I made it to enter it in a leather show.

Wanna be cop

Ain't nothing but a wanna be cop. You want to be a policeman, fine, be a policeman. The license is for 'concealed' carry, a badge blows that right out of the window. I hold badge holders in contempt.

Terry
    The harsh times approach. It is the lack of preparation which fills me with concern and anxiety, for we assume that we shall gather wood and slay game when the wind is white with winter.

Administrator

Here It Is....The Badge Law

HR 4827 became law #106-547 on 12/19/2000 and the text of law is provided here:
    Enhanced Federal Security Act of 2000
    Sec, 716. Police badges (a) Whoever -(1) knowingly transfers, transports, or receives in interstate or foreign commerce, a counterfeit police badge
    (2) knowingly transfers, in interstate or foreign commerce, a genuine police badge to an individual, knowing such individual is not authorized to possess it under the laws of the place in which the badge is the official badge of the police; (3) knowingly receives a genuine police badge in a transfer prohibited by paragraph (2); or (4) being a person not authorized to possess a genuine police badge under the law of the place in which the badge is the official badge of the police, knowingly transports a badge in interstate or foreign commerce, shall be fined under this title or if the badge is used or is intended to be used exclusively-- (1) as a memento, or in a collection or exhibit; (2) for decorative purposes; (3) for a dramatic presentation, such as a theatre production, film, or television production; or (4) for any other recreational purpose. (c) As used in this section - (1) the term genuine police badge' means an official badge issued by public authority to identify an individual as a law enforcement officer having police powers; and (2) the term 'counterfeit police badge' means a badge that so resembles a police badge that it would deceive an ordinary individual into believing it was a genuine police badge.

Why Stop At JUST getting a badge ...you need to buy these too with your photo on them:

Quote Originally Posted by Long Ranger
    Ain't nothing but a wanna be cop. You want to be a policeman, fine, be a policeman. The license is for 'concealed' carry, a badge blows that right out of the window. I hold badge holders in contempt.

Terry
    You know, more than just police carry badges. Firemen wear badges. In many places, certain government officials who are not LEOs carry badges, like town/city mayors, prosecutors, town councilmen and so one. Security guards carry badges, and some Private investigators carry badges.

Just because I carry a concealed pistol, how does having a CCW badge (it would also be hidden if I had one. I don't, and I don't intend to get one, this is just for arguments sake) blow that out of the water.

Granted, some states do have laws that would prohibit someone from carrying a badge, unless their job was recognized one of the "priviledged" class. But if we assume, for the moment that the badge carrier does not live in that state, but in one that does allow it, why does having a CCW badge nullify the CCW permit?

I'll grant that there are some people who would carry one because it's "neat." But most of the people I know who MIGHT be interested have no other agenda than trying to make sure they stay safe with the SHTF. What this means is the badge stays hidden UNLESS they need to show it after a shooting, as the cops get there, so they hopefully don't get blown away with the rest of the garbage.

Now, having said all that. I'll still never carry one, UNLESS it becomes mandated by law, if for no other reason than the already negative side that's been shown here and other places by people who automatically jump to the wrong conclusion about anyone who carries one.

But that's just my opinion.

...I hold badge holders in contempt.

Terry
    Oh? You don't like cops??? That seems strange.

Guess I have to spell it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe
    Oh? You don't like cops??? That seems strange.
    I hold 'wanna be' civilians, that want/need a 'badge' to show the world, with contempt. At no time did I state or imply personel that carry a badge as part of their job, or duty are contemptable...
    Last edited by Long Ranger; December 7th, 2005 at 10:00 AM.
    The harsh times approach. It is the lack of preparation which fills me with concern and anxiety, for we assume that we shall gather wood and slay game when the wind is white with winter.

I hold 'wanna be' civilians, that want/need a 'badge' to show the world, with contempt. At no time did I state or imply personel that carry a badge as part of their job, or duty are comtempable...
    Ohhh, I see.

Has anyone ever told you, you have no, or very little sense of humour?

And yes, I try to see the humour in every situation. It is what helps me get by from day to day.

Links