Military people question

This is a discussion on Military people question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work at a mall and I see a lot of military people dressed up or down with their boots and camo on. My question ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Military people question

Military people question

I work at a mall and I see a lot of military people dressed up or down with their boots and camo on.

My question is can a military person CCW while having their camo or uniform on?
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    When I left some almost 6 years ago, in the USMC, no you could not.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Not in uniform that I know of.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

i wonder why? you would think that they would be able to due to the training that they have.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

GOVT. SHEEP. that's why

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEV View Post
    GOVT. SHEEP. that's why
    Care to expand on that ??
    A LTTLE TRAINING IS A DANGEROUS THING ....

Not in uniform ever unless in a combat zone. Steve48

JD
    Administrator
    Well in the Marines, you only allowed to wear your utilities off post at two places, gas stations and the bank.

Here in PA, the state law says that Military personnel can only carry when under arms for military purposes, not for personnel protection, unless they have a CCW/LTC/CWP etc.etc.

2) Members of the army, navy or marine corps of the United States or of the National Guard or organized reserves when on duty.

This applies only to government issued weapons.

IE you can't carry your own firearm and claim that your "on duty"
    Basicly you have to have a reason to be armed, such as MP, NCIS or other function requiring you to be armed, such as riot control, enroute to a field exercise, or part of a convoy and acting as security.

When I was stationed in California, atlest one person per section of vehicles was armed.

State laws may vary, in GA. anyone in active military service does not need a CCW to carry a concealed weapon.

You should check the Ohio Attorney General's website for laws regarding CCW and the Military.

I did some research a while back to answer this question. There is nothing prohibiting you from doing so--HOWEVER...

It would not be looked upon kindly by the local chain of command, the sheep, the press, and the guys who work in the 5-sided nut house. What they do get you on is the catchall "Conduct unbecoming an Officer/NCO"...especially if you have to use said CCW. This is why I change into my uniform at the office and wear civilian clothes to/from work.

I work in Northern VA and am able to park on a city street and walk onto the gov't compound/building.

11 years in the Navy

answer is ...no

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadslinger View Post
    Yes, please do.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Well your sig line really says it all. At any rate Military Weapons traing focus is on combat, not P.D.

I was a MP and I can tell you this. Never did we train to draw a holstered weapon and engage targets. It was alway the same. pick up your weapon with with the slide to the rear already, load magazine into weapon, alow the slide to go forward and put weapon on safe. clear on the right,.... clear ong the left... bla bla bla. but never ever did we draw from a holster and fire at targets.

The training wasn't there. And the individual soldier obviously isn't mature enough to go out and independantly train. Or at least that was the attitude I got from the Officers in My Company over the years. That is why I said what I said.

No, I am not anti-armed forces. as a matter of fact I am a strong supporter of our troops. I am wearing a red shirt as I am typing this.

But I do believe that that there are SHEEP wearing Camo.

Mike

+1 on that. Most civilians don't know what little things like the UCMJ are. Or it could be explained to a nice peaceful group of Spec Ops boys. They might enjoy the humor.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignorant Officers View Post
    And the individual soldier obviously isn't mature enough to go out and independantly train.
    That's an awfully hefty assumption there.
    Last edited by Nate; February 16th, 2007 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Changed attribution

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    That's an awfully hefty assumption there.
    Nate, my friend. please go back and read the part that reads, "or at least that was the attitude I got from the Officers in My Company over the years." The part you quoated was meant to be read as sarcasm, Not how I personally feel. I think that if you add the above to it you get a truer sense of what I meant.

You wouldn't want me to start thinking you work for the New York Times, now do ya.

Mike V
    Last edited by MIKEV; February 16th, 2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: added content

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links