Maryland Renewal times

Maryland Renewal times

This is a discussion on Maryland Renewal times within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sent my renewal forms in for CC in Maryland on Feb. 20th Fri. and received it in our mailbox sometime Fri or Sat this weekend ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Maryland Renewal times

VIP Member

Maryland Renewal times

Sent my renewal forms in for CC in Maryland on Feb. 20th Fri. and received it in our mailbox sometime Fri or Sat this weekend
    13th or 14th of March .

Pretty good for a state that could care less if anyone has a permit . At least the MD. State Police are getting it done .
    Stoveman likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Our friendly local board members are reporting renewal times of under 30 days recently. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Hopefully Hogan makes good on his promise to direct the new (still needs confirmation) MSP Superintendent to accept Self Defense as a "Good and Substantial" reason.......
    welder516 likes this.

VIP Member
    Maryland Renewal times

Something I will never have to concern myself with.
    welder516 and THESHIELD like this.
    "For someone who is nearly as smart as I am, how can you be so wrong about this?"

VIP Member
    Stove i could only hope such a thing happens that everyone ends up with that part of the constitution being given back to the people it belongs too . I think this G & S reasons sucks , and we really need to get together over lunch one day and discuss CC as it applies to us both as company owners .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Maryland Renewal times

Something I will never have to concern myself with.
    Most likely there will be eight post on this thread and five of them will bash Maryland . But the state does earn it .
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Most likely there will be eight post on this thread and five of them will bash Maryland . But the state does earn it .
    Not a bash, just an observation from a guy who has to go to Maryland once in awhile.
    welder516 likes this.
    "For someone who is nearly as smart as I am, how can you be so wrong about this?"

Pro
    Well, it could be worse...like NJ. I don't need to go to MD, but sure could use a NJ permit. I know...will never, ever happen.
    welder516 likes this.
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member
    Comm2A Supporter

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Not a bash, just an observation from a guy who has to go to Maryland once in awhile.
    I know you were not bashing , but really it don't matter if you did . This state sucks for various reasons and gun laws is just a tip of the iceberg . Hopefully things will get better with the new Governor.
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member
    As a MD resident without a MD permit, everyone has MY permission to bash away. I know I certainly do. Misery loves company!
    Stoveman and welder516 like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

VIP Member
    Something is so stupid with the way these permits are written ( Restrictions ) if i work and carry 12 hours out of the day doing "Financial Business" and be qualified to carry . then the other 12 hours i can not carry .

How dumb is this ????
    Stoveman likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Our friendly local board members are reporting renewal times of under 30 days recently. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Hopefully Hogan makes good on his promise to direct the new (still needs confirmation) MSP Superintendent to accept Self Defense as a "Good and Substantial" reason.......

Hopefully they'll also start issuing non-resident permits. (One can dream)

I still have family there...that's the ONLY reason I ever step foot in that state.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strmwatch View Post
    Hopefully they'll also start issuing non-resident permits. (One can dream)

I still have family there...that's the ONLY reason I ever step foot in that state.

MD issues non res permits now, I believe a member of Welder's family has one. Same Good and Substantial bull crap, but they are issued.

VIP Member
    Something is so stupid with the way these permits are written ( Restrictions ) if i work and carry 12 hours out of the day doing "Financial Business" and be qualified to carry . then the other 12 hours i can not carry .

How dumb is this ????

A lot of us are sending the restriction modification request letter on Sine Die. New MSP Super should be confirmed by then. We'll see.....

VIP Member
    Considering your one of only 15 or 20 they have issued, it shouldn't take too long.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    MD issues non res permits now, I believe a member of Welder's family has one. Same Good and Substantial bull crap, but they are issued.
    Stove is right they do have Non-Resident Maryland Permits as my brother does have one he resides in Delaware . The permit looks the same as a resident permit and you have to meet all the same criteria .
    I think it was hard for them not to issue his permit as 4 people in our company applied at the same time . I believe i could walk any Md. business person thru the process of obtaining a Md. permit .

I am going to work with a Mech. Contractor client/friend in getting his permit . I am spreading the word as best as possible .
    Stoveman likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links