GREAT WOLF LODGE NEW ENGLAND (no guns allowed)

This is a discussion on GREAT WOLF LODGE NEW ENGLAND (no guns allowed) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took the wife and kids to G.W.L. in Fitchburg MA over the weekend,Was told at check- in no firearms allowed? I was checking in with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: GREAT WOLF LODGE NEW ENGLAND (no guns allowed)

Took the wife and kids to G.W.L. in Fitchburg MA over the weekend,Was told at check- in no firearms allowed? I was checking in with L.E. id due to them offering a discount.Anyone have any experience from any other G.W.L 's around the country.Not sure if this is this area or company policy.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Yup, the one down here is posted. Too bad. Can not carry in their establishment.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by enfield303 View Post
    Took the wife and kids to G.W.L. in Fitchburg MA over the weekend,Was told at check- in no firearms allowed? I was checking in with L.E. id due to them offering a discount.Anyone have any experience from any other G.W.L 's around the country.Not sure if this is this area or company policy.
    Planning IWB in the speedo?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I'm going to the one in Traverse City, MI in a couple weeks. I went there several years ago and don't remember seeing anything. I can't speak for Detroit, but in northern Michigan (and especially the UP) its hard to find all of these "no gun" signs.

Wisconsin on the other hand...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

VIP Member
    If it were just me, I'd turn around and leave. If I had a family with me, I'd carry anyway. Signs have no force of law in Virginia. If discovered and asked to leave I would.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    I looked through GWL's website, sorry as it is, and saw no mention of a firearms ban, although I wouldn't doubt it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by enfield303 View Post
    #)#, the key word here is Massachusetts. I am not sure if the one year mandatory jail sentence for a gun conviction is still in effect but I have not live there for sometime, oh happy,happy. I am sure if when the Middlesex farmers stood up to the British at the Concord Lexington bridge a few years back had the current laws been in effect we would be bowing to the Queen now. Semper Fi, J.
    RickyD, CIBMike and mkh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    Yup, the one down here is posted. Too bad. Can not carry in their establishment.
    Darn. I cannot spend money in their establishment. No problem, probably didn't want to spend money there anyway.

VIP Member
    I have seen hotels across the country posted several times and have ignored many of those signs in states where signage carries no force of law. I have never been forced to leave a gun in the car or change hotels, at least not yet...
    Ianthin and airslot like this.
    Member Georgia Carry

I see you're from Mass... Therefore.......I'm surprized you even told them at the front desk. You were honest enough to tell them, which as Howie Carr AM680 Radio says "No good deed goes unpunished"......I'd have never told them.....What would they have done? Handed you your money back and thrown you out? I'm thinking....nope.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I was there about three months ago. I didn't carry inside because I was unsure of policy and honestly there wasn't many places to keep it. I didn't see a sign and they do have force of law here. If I wouldn't have spent two days in a pool I would have been carrying but there was just no place to hide it in my speedo
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    The one in Ohio is posted.
    My wife wanted to go there and our kids like the place.
    They did not have metal detectors, just something I happened to notice.
    CIBMike likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Don't know about the one here in WA but signs don't aren't enforceable. But it's good to know so I don't waste my money there.

Distinguished Member Array TIDEHSV's Avatar
    This is OT, except for the honesty part. Years ago, I and some friends were checking into Ontario's Quetico Park from the US at the Customs station in Lake Saginaw for a canoe camping trip. At that time, Canada had a strict limit on how much alcohol could be brought in per person. I was aware of it. Another group of friends, also from here in Huntsville, but in a separate group, with a different destination, checked in right ahead of us. They freely confessed the amount of wine they had with them. Canadian customs came around the counter, confiscated the excess and told them it would be waiting for them, when they exited Canada. They were a glum looking bunch of people leaving there. When we stepped up to the counter and got the same question, my buddy started to fess up, until I kicked him hard under the counter. He did catch on. Now, he's a bright guy, engineering degree from MIT and all the rest, but his first instinct was to confess the truth. My solution is not to confess until you absolutely have to...

Senior Member Array FreedomRocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Compa49 View Post
    Don't know about the one here in WA but signs don't aren't enforceable. But it's good to know so I don't waste my money there.
    We stayed at the one in Centralia, WA last Summer and my child had the time of his life. Best vacation ever he tells me, a family vacation that he will remember all his life. It did have a no Firearms sign at the door, and I'll be quite honest, that there are some places, particularly vacation resorts that I will accept that. I would not rob him of those memories just because Great Wolf Lodge or Disneyland don't allow guns. Or like when we take a plane flight to Maui to spend a week or two in our Condo, or a cruise ship to Alaska, my guns are at home in the safe, and I'm content with that. Now if in my state, a restaurant, coffee shop, store, or the like, post a no guns sign, then that I would gladly avoid and shop somewhere that does.

Whether you would or wouldn't is your choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links