End of The Day...

This is a discussion on End of The Day... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do you guys do with your carry piece when you get home? I'm assuming you carry with one in the chamber so do you ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: End of The Day...

End of The Day...

What do you guys do with your carry piece when you get home? I'm assuming you carry with one in the chamber so do you leave the gun in its holster? Take it out if the holster and unload the gun or leave it loaded out of the holster? I'm specifically asking about guns without a safety, like a glock...
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I carry OWB until bedtime, then my Colt goes into a Remora holster on the bedside table. In the morning I just reverse the process. I am nothing if not predictable.

"He went on two legs, wore clothes and was a human being, but nevertheless he was in reality a wolf of the Steppes. He had learned a good deal . . . and was a fairly clever fellow. What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life. The cause of this apparently was that at the bottom of his heart he knew all the time (or thought he knew) that he was in reality not a man, but a wolf of the Steppes."

Distinguished Member Array Bigsteve113's Avatar
    Remove gun and holster(G27), place in top dresser drawer. Would put it on my mantle, but I have another gun there for when I'm in the living room.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

― Heraclitus

My wife and I both carry from the time we get dressed until the guns are un-holstered and go on the nightstands when we go to bed.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

VIP Member
    I take it off at bedtime and put it on the stand beside the bed, along with the flashlight and spare mag.
    "For someone who is nearly as smart as I am, how can you be so wrong about this?"

I take the holster off with the gun still in and place it on the night stand. It's ready for home defense. In the morning, strap it on and it's ready for CCW!
    Haywood, Rhinoman and notavictim like this.

I take the BHP out of the holster, brush it off with a horsehair brush or wipe it down if need be, then put it on the bedside table out of the holster right by the Streamlight Pro Tac II.
    goldshellback likes this.
    "Anyone who doesn't understand what is wrong with our schools never (slept with) an education major."

Distinguished Member
    I mostly carry in a Remora holster, so it stays in the holster, IWB until bedtime... then it naps on the night stand along side the "grab it first" gun with the light/laser.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Leave it in the holster and it goes on the nightstand or the safe right next to it (situation dictates).

When I get home, I just take off my polo work shirt, and that's it.

If it was a truck unload day and I've been sweating a lot, I might throw on a different t-shirt, but I always have a gun on me.

Days off are a different story, since I'll lounge around, walk my dogs, everything in my gym shorts and a wife beater unless I actually need to go somewhere. On those days, I put my PF-9 or J-frame Airweight in a pocket holster, and carry that.

I always have a gun on me, and at home next to my recliner is my AR.

I'm more likely to be the victim of a crime in my home than out in public, so it just makes sense to always have it on me.
    Kutz and Chicagobill like this.

So keeping the gun holstered 24/7 won't harm the gun (rust, etc.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Fsfty View Post
    Depends on holster and gun.

I use all kydex holsters, so moisture staying in the material isn't an issue.

If you carry a gun in a leather holster, that retains moisture, so you will want to check it more frequently for rust.

i unholster the gun and put it in the safe on top of my dresser. I leave the safe open unless I leave the house. I don't want to worry about fumbling getting the safe open if I ever need my gun in my house.

Seems like most people are like me. Gun goes on when I get dressed. Comes off at night at bedtime and sits on the nightstand with flashlight and extra mag.
    “Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    ~Sheriff Jim Wilson

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (When all else fails, play dead)
    ~Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Fsfty View Post
    It keeps the trigger covered. A small measure of layered safety that will not do a bit of harm to your gun.

Mine comes outta my carry holster and into an old paddle holster that may or may not go into a drawer, on my beds headboard, or atop the kitchen counter. My sidearm is my primary home defense gun as well so it goes ONLY into a select couple of places and the paddle holster keeps the trigger protected and facilitates quick on/off my side when necessary.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links