Important-Please help us fight for our gun rights!!!!

This is a discussion on Important-Please help us fight for our gun rights!!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want all of the members on here that are in Georgia or are just interested to check out and join this website. www.GeorgiaPacking.org Some ...

Thread: Important-Please help us fight for our gun rights!!!!

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar

Important-Please help us fight for our gun rights!!!!

I want all of the members on here that are in Georgia or are just interested to check out and join this website.

www.GeorgiaPacking.org

Some of our members on CC are already members. I don't post nearly as much on there as I do here but it is a wealth of concealed carry knowledge for people in Georgia. The forum is where I would suggest you start reading.

Georgia's carry laws need to be reformed. We have a confusing "Public Gathering" law that is poorly written. We cannot carry into establishments like Applebees because of alcohol. We also have probate judges that issue our licenses that are disobeying state law. State law says they must issue within 60 days but many members are having to wait at least 120 days or more! In fact I know of one member that has had to wait over two years! Some counties are requiring SSN cards to be shown which is in violation of the law. Georgia although is listed as a SHALL ISSUE state is become a MAY ISSUE state through the actions of these judges and their political agendas. Georgia laws are not as gun friendly as some would think. Some of the laws are based on Jim Crow. We have many places that are off limits and areas that are really grey as to whether you can carry.

There is a grassroots organization which is called the GCO that I am planning to join. They have information on this website: www.georgiacarry.org
    I think that they are going to model themselves after groups like Ohioians For Concealed Carry. They have already carried out legal action but as we all know that is expensive. They have won some important battles but we have a very long way to go. They are suing a metro county on the basis that they cannot ban carrying firearms in public parks not owned by the state or federal government.

We really need your help in Georgia. Please support us. Remember that our fight is your fight too.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; February 23rd, 2007 at 09:52 PM.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Bump....any comments?
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Links