Florida no gun sign.

This is a discussion on Florida no gun sign. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, went to Ikea with my wife today and i seen this... WP_20150510_17_06_22_Pro.jpg Thats what YOU think Ikea teee hee heee!! Just went on about ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By jacksknight
  • 2 Post By Reborn777
  • 1 Post By Chuck808
  • 1 Post By Stetson
  • 2 Post By TonyDTrigger
  • 1 Post By DZUS

Thread: Florida no gun sign.

Florida no gun sign.

Well, went to Ikea with my wife today and i seen this...

WP_20150510_17_06_22_Pro.jpg

Thats what YOU think Ikea teee hee heee!!

Just went on about my bidness and as usual nobody knew or cared. Got everything we needed and that's it. First time i have seen a sign so i thought it was interesting. Especially the wording of the sign. I can see them getting sued if anyone ever got shot there.

"But the sign said weapons free!!!"

Anyway, just thought i would share.
    Aceoky likes this.

mkh
    I did that at the one in Orlando a few years ago. I didn't see the sign until after I exited. The exit door isn;t near the entrance but for some reason I wandered over to the entrance while waiting for the wife to check out and that is when I saw it.

With browsing and eating we were in the store for about 3 hours. No one knew I was carrying and nothing evil happened.

I do the same thing. Just keep on keepin on. They kicked out a sheriff on break shopping with his family. Ikea doesn't have a brain when it comes to stuff like that.

Sorry IKEA, gun free means pro bad guy, I always ignore, my family is more important than your liberal paranoia. That's why it says "concealed" on my permit. and that's why we live in the Gunshine state.
    firemedic9 and DarylCoda like this.

NRA Member.

When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace.-Luke11:21

Government is not the solution to our problem, Government is the problem- Ronald Reagan

I've never botheres to look for one of those signs. As you know being a resident, it holds no legal weight, so I just go about my business armed as usual.

Luckily my gun hasn't decided to jump out of the holster and hurt anyone yet. Obedient little thing.
    Aceoky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn777 View Post
    Sorry IKEA, gun free means pro bad guy, I always ignore, my family is more important than your liberal paranoia. That's why it says "concealed" on my permit. and that's why we live in the Gunshine state.
    I Agree!
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Signs like that are just b.s. I always look for signs where business doesn't want firearms so if they have one I'll shoot an e-mail off to corporate headquarters telling them their position is flawed and if the sign isn't removed I'll spend my money elsewhere.
    DarylCoda likes this.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I was in that same Ikea 2 or 3 years ago, but never went back. I had the G19 that day. I try not to patronize businesses with signs. In the case of Ikea that's very easy to do. There's nothing special about the place. It is very easy to convince the wife to go somewhere else.
    DarylCoda and NewWaveGuy like this.

Signs like that are propaganda: all guns are bad and we are good for not allowing them. Even if they never enforce it they are putting that message out to the millions of people who will eventually walk through the doors. If enough people do what Stetson does and let the store know that they are taking their money elsewhere, the sign will be removed.

Nice observation on the wording. It does not say No firearms allowed. It just has a gun buster sign saying it's a weapons free zone. Weapons free zone means nothing to me because a firearm is a tool in my books.

weapon

[wep-uh n]
    Spell Syllables

noun1.any instrument or device for use in attack or defense in combat,fighting, or war, as a sword, rifle, or cannon.

2.anything used against an opponent, adversary, or victim:the deadly weapon of satire.

3.Zoology. any part or organ serving for attack or defense, as claws,horns, teeth, or stings.

Somewhat related, and I know this has been addressed before (and I searched and found a related, but older thread)...

Does there exist a comprehensive and up-to-date listing of businesses that prohibit concealed carry? Not to include businesses that merely discourage carry on premises, such as (IIRC) Target and Starbucks. (Also, I'm not interested in open carry prohibitions as that's not me.)

Thanks muchly!

NewWaveGuy likes this.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links