Obama and gun control

This is a discussion on Obama and gun control within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; everything I read on Obama,who may be the next pres.,seems to state that he is very much for more gun control.One website stated he wanted ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama and gun control

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Obama and gun control

everything I read on Obama,who may be the next pres.,seems to state that he is very much for more gun control.One website stated he wanted to ban all semi-auto's.Any inpute or opinions on whether this is true?I am not trying to start a debate,I just want to stay informed.

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    I emailed his website months ago about this and never did get a reply.

VIP Member
    It is true that he is a huge anti. However, it is untrue that he has any chance of being the next president.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Echo, that is what we in Arkansas said about Bill Clinton years ago. May God have mercy on us!!!!!!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

I sure won't vote for Obama or Clinton. So far I haven't found any body I like. I guess I'll go up to the NRA site and see what is going on.

I received very credible information that he was raised Muslim.
    His "handlers"had him join either the United Methodist Church
    or Church Of Christ (not possitive which). Anyone else hear
    about this?

I can't see why the Clintons are popular. He disgraced his office and made it a public joke

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    I can't see why the Clintons are popular. He disgraced his office and made it a public joke
    "But they're not evil conservatives"

as far as the muslim stuff goes, i got an email regarding that....doesn't sound impossible, but its heresy.

as far as semi-autos, would that mean revolvers too?

the disgrace Bill caused isn't anything new in the office. it's already happened a dozen times, even with Kennedy (covered up better). amazingly and interestingly enough, Bill became popular and *gulp, respected enough because he didn't try and hide his f&#! ups. it went over extremely well with the public. this is an interesting thread to me because i'm not really that political and i'm now thinking farther ahead than normal because of it. who should be our next Dee Dee Dee? man, it's been a long time since a sure thing. for hundreds of years we've had our right (to bare arms) and i'm not going to vote for someone who thinks they can simply take it away.
    What's this button do?

Obama...

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed fatman View Post
    I emailed his website months ago about this and never did get a reply.
    does a GREAT John Wayne impression...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    There's no chance that I would ever vote for him, or any of the demoncrats that are running. In fact, there's only one of the dems that I would even consider, and that's Joe Lieberman (I love that if he told them that if they passed the bill to limit the war, that he would switch parties, which would then give the Republicans the majority again). My current favorite is Mitt Romney, but I could go with Rody Giuliani (Rudy has said that he would not try to impose New York's gun laws on the rest of the US).

Obama has already stated publicly that the people do not have a right to own firearms, the 2nd Amendment is for the military, and the police are the ones to protect the public. His record alone as a state legislature shows his total contempt for the 2nd Amendment. He of course will adopt a different position for his presidential campaign like all communist democrats do. Do not be fooled Squawker. Giuliani stated the other day that he would press hard for New York City gun control laws to go national if elected President and that the 2nd amendment is for hunting only. He is an antigun tyrant. Mitt Romney pulled a Clinton last year and changed his stance on the 2nd amendment because he wants the Conservative nomination. He conveniently became a life member of the NRA last year. His record as governor of Massachusetts shows his contempt for the 2nd amendment. Look closely at Joe Lieberman's voting record on the 2nd amendment. He comes from a very antigun state. Be very careful of anyone coming out of the antigun box saying they support the 2nd amendment in order to run for President. Many republican candidates today are actually pro business, antigun liberals. The kook fringes of the parties are the lead candidates right now. Do your research. Do not follow your party or union's stance. We have many stupid gun owners here in New York State. These are dangerous times for gun owners.
    Last edited by kelsey; February 25th, 2007 at 06:18 AM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    It is true that he is a huge anti. However, it is untrue that he has any chance of being the next president.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. He certainly has hurdles to overcome, but whoever the media decides they like will get all the free positive press they need.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

The only candidates I have seen who can be counted on to be truly pro-2A and pro-liberty are Libertarians. If Ron Paul of Texas runs (GOP now, but ran as a Libertarian before; strict follower of the Constitution), he will be the best candidate.
    Check out the Free State Project

How does the economy really work? Mises Institute

Laissez Faire Books offers an extensive collection of books on liberty, free markets, philosophy, economics, politics and history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links