Wally World

This is a discussion on Wally World within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few years ago when my wife got her permit, we observed the ritual, but the vile nachos nearly sickened her...I told her it was ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wally World

A few years ago when my wife got her permit, we observed the ritual, but the vile nachos nearly sickened her...I told her it was a rite of passage and necessary to validate her permit...no, she didn't buy that....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

2. Remove Ads

I tend to lean toward alcohol and guns don't mix together. Kind of like motorcycles and booze, they don't go together well. I am sure the press would love someone to get popped for some pidley thing while carrying and been drinking, whether drunk or not.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

congrats on the permit, enjoy the wally run.

Regardless of the legal end, if you shoot someone--no matter how justified you were--and they get wind that you had alcohol in your system, you will get crucified in a civil suit!

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Parking lots at night are great places for a BG to ambush you. Ohio laws notwithstanding, I refuse to leave myself so vulnerable when entering and leaving restaurants. Any restaurant.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    on the new permit...

Be sure to have the CombatCarry forms filled out BEFORE you make the WW trip...

ret
    Forms??? What forms? We have a map and that's it!
    Nobody told me I had to design a form darn it!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Tradition! Carry on!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwebel View Post
    Ya it does, but you can't in Ohio. Anyplace that sells alcohol for consumption on premisis is off limits.
    Same deal in Tennessee, unfortunately...but there are several bills in the legislature this year to change it (one still will not be able to consume alcoholic beverages ones self, of course).

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Texas' CHL law does not say what "under the influence" is.

My CHL Instructor (a LEO) interprets that law to mean not even one drink so I have drank alot less since I got my CHL. That is one of the main reasons I want my wife to get her CHL so if we go out for dinner I can hand her my weapon and have a drink with dinner!

Welcome Sergeant, straighten that gig line!
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

OK Sarge, as they used to say, "Off your dead ass and onto your dying feet..." and get to Wally World. It's a right of passage! Then, let us know how it went.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Well, now I know to plan a run to WW when I finally purchase my gun (already have the permit), and I'll have to tell my Dad about it too.

I don't think my walmart has nachos though, so I might have lucked out there.
    "Common sense is buried right next to personal responsibility in the social graveyard." - Andrew Wilkow

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon." - Napoleon Bonaparte
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily." - Napoleon Bonaparte

VIP Member
    Not quite young fella. You must ingest some sort of greasy food (on site) before wondering into the bowels of the beast!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Congrats on the permit.

Indeed yes - this does come up periodically - as folks wonder what it's all about

It is pretty much a ''CombatCarry Thing'' but all it means really is going in at the deep end to get used to crowds and trying not to give in to that constant nagging wish to keep adjusting! Not to mention the feeling that you have 100's of eyes looking at only you, and surely to heck - they must be seeing your ''bulge'' LOL

I guess we can call it a CC tradition now really - bit of fun but with a serious component too.

Be safe and carry responsibly.
    Heard about the WW nacho run over at Glock Talk as well. I think it's a concealed carry tradition but maybe that's what you meant with the "CC tradition"
    Fireman

Carrying either a Glock 23 or 30 each w/ TruGlo TFO in Comp Tac C-TAC holsters since obtaining Nebraska CHP in Feb. 2007

<---------------------The reason I carry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links