Washington State Drops AR, KS, MS and MO.

This is a discussion on Washington State Drops AR, KS, MS and MO. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Washington state Attorney General updated his reciprocity listing on their website today. Missing from the list of states they honor are Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gary Slider
  • 1 Post By gen3

Thread: Washington State Drops AR, KS, MS and MO.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Washington state Attorney General updated his reciprocity listing on their website today. Missing from the list of states they honor are Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi and Missouri. Concealed Weapon Reciprocity | Washington State If you go to the link you will see the listing and if you scroll down the page you will see the reasons given for not honoring those states. AR, MO and MS because they issue to those under 21. I don’t understand their Kansas reason and hoping they are just reading Kansas law wrong. Kansas honors all other states permit licenses. Washington is stating their reason for not honoring Kansas. “Does not recognize WA CPL in a meaningful way as will only recognize if holder is KS resident.” Handgunlaw.us will be updated late this evening to reflect those changes listed above.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

MS says: Their loss
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "...a rifle behind every blade of grass."

They must be miss reading it as 01 July 2015 Washington residents can carry concealed in Kansas CPL or not. (Unless I am reading KS law incorrectly) IANL
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. -- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 06 June 1944

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Washington state Attorney General updated his reciprocity listing on their website today. Missing from the list of states they honor are Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi and Missouri. Concealed Weapon Reciprocity | Washington State If you go to the link you will see the listing and if you scroll down the page you will see the reasons given for not honoring those states. AR, MO and MS because they issue to those under 21. I don’t understand their Kansas reason and hoping they are just reading Kansas law wrong. Kansas honors all other states permit licenses. Washington is stating their reason for not honoring Kansas. “Does not recognize WA CPL in a meaningful way as will only recognize if holder is KS resident.” Handgunlaw.us will be updated late this evening to reflect those changes listed above.
    Sounds about right from the left coast.
    “I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them.” John Wayne - The Shootist

Another court hearing in the works.

The reason for not honoring Arkansas is stated as being because Arkansas issues licenses to persons under 21. This is untrue. I just checked the Arkansas State Police website and it states that an applicant must be at least 21 years of age.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    “Residents” in the Military or Honorably Discharged from the military may apply at 18 in Arkansas.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

VIP Member
    Thanks for the info and resource of handgunlaw.us

Very helpful
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links