kentucky ccwd carry in ohio....

This is a discussion on kentucky ccwd carry in ohio.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all, i will be traveling to ohio... i am kentucky ccwd licensed.. i have read the requirements for carrying in ohio... i do have ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By michael t
  • 1 Post By fast20

Thread: kentucky ccwd carry in ohio....

Hello all,
    i will be traveling to ohio... i am kentucky ccwd licensed.. i have read the requirements for carrying in ohio... i do have a few questions too make sure im within the laws of ohio... i do carry a holstered firearm above my sun visor... is this legal.. also i usually carry an other fire arm in my console which is not locked be can be lock if needed... am i with the law to carry to 2 loaded firearms in this manner... of course adjustments will be made to make things perfectly legal in ohio... i plan on transporting those two firearms and i just want to make sure...
    thank you

i have sent emails to ohio state police and ohio attorney general... still waiting on reply... any help is appreciated...

You can have your gun anywhere in your car and be fine. You can carry as many guns as you want. Just remember we do have to "promptly notify if stopped for a law enforcement purpose".

Quote Originally Posted by soberbiker View Post
    Just remember we do have to "promptly notify if stopped for a law enforcement purpose".
    thanks for you help... and i did know about the notify... i would do that anyway in any state rather required or not...

Distinguished Member Array michael t's Avatar
    Remember all those ,knives ,slap jacks , throwing stars, and other deadly weapons. Were allowed to carry in Ky Are a no no in ohio. They can only carry guns. Poor oppressed people they are . Also their NO Guns have meaning up their . I try to never cross the river .From freedom to oppression just over a bridge . I am so glad I escaped many years ago and finely got my entire family over to freedom.
    RScottie and Jk1911 like this.
    come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994, Colt Officer ACP 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Belleview Detonics

Quote Originally Posted by michael t View Post
    Remember all those ,knives ,slap jacks , throwing stars, and other deadly weapons. Were allowed to carry in Ky Are a no no in ohio. They can only carry guns. Poor oppressed people they are . Also their NO Guns have meaning up their . I try to never cross the river .From freedom to oppression just over a bridge . I am so glad I escaped many years ago and finely got my entire family over to freedom.
    About the knife.. I was afraid to send one with my wife in her emergency kit, on her trip to Columbus this winter. So I put a little 2 1/2 - 3 in. Foldable lock blade in her kit. From what I remember that size was legal.. as Gibbs rule #9 says, don't go anywhere without a knife.😉 I keep a 4 or 5 in. Lock blade in my car.. is that legal.. 4 or 5 is blade size.. the laws are not really straight forward from what I remember.

If you leave your gun in the vehicle when going into a GFZ or posted business you need to lock it up per the same guidelines as the rest of the world. When I went to Great Wolf Lodge it was posted so I unloaded it, locked the pistol in the nano safe and locked the magazine in the glove box.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR202 View Post
    If you leave your gun in the vehicle when going into a GFZ or posted business you need to lock it up per the same guidelines as the rest of the world. When I went to Great Wolf Lodge it was posted so I unloaded it, locked the pistol in the nano safe and locked the magazine in the glove box.
    Thank you... good to know...
    PJR202 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links