Defensive Carry banner

One more going to Wally World

2K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  sheckigreen 
#1 · (Edited)
Received my TN CHP today (finally)!

I applied in Dec and finished my prints on Dec 18th. TBI never received the prints and no one notified me at all. I had no idea until I kept harassing TN Dept of Safety. Finally got the prints resubmitted and the CHP was issued two weeks ago. It arrived today.

I strapped on my Sig P-226 9mm (my first handgun - I've owned it for about 13 years) in my new Sparks VMII (attached to my Rafter S belt) and headed out to Wally World. I bought a box of 9mm and a box of .308 for my match grade re-chambered M1 Garand.

I've also got a new Sig P-239 TT(also 9mm) with a VMII, and a Kahr PM-9 9mm with a Smart Carry. These are my other options when weight or deep concealability are factors. All guns are fed Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P ammo.

Thanks for all of the great information and advice on this site! You folks are great!

#2 ·
I strapped on my Sig P-226 9mm (my first handgun - I've owned it for about 13 years) in my new Sparks VMII (attached to my Rafter S belt) and headed out to Wally World. I bought a box of 9mm and a box of .308 for my match grade re-chambered M1 Garand.
What...no nachos?

#3 · (Edited)
:image035: Glad ya finally got it. Sounds like it took about the same amount of time as mine did. Got mine yesterday, also headed out to WW.:biggrin2: Stay safe, carry always.

#5 ·
Congrats...

on the new permit...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret:hand10:

#10 ·
Congrats. A trip to Walmart always warrants ammo, at least the Walmarts in the non-commie states.

#11 ·
Welcome to the CCW club.

zzbeing from the West end of Tennessee, I want to make sure you know that it is perfectly legal for us to open carry here in TN. In the summer months when it is hot and I don't want to wear an outer cover garment, I open carry all the time.

Never had anyone bat an eye.

Glad the Wal-Mart trip went well.

#12 ·
Hey- It's good to see another responsible person toting a handgun in our fair city. Congrats on the permit.

If you're interested, you can join my crew at Cold Creek Armory for some range time!

#15 ·
"I applied in Dec and finished my prints on Dec 18th. TBI never received the prints and no one notified me at all. I had no idea until I kept harassing TN Dept of Safety. Finally got the prints resubmitted and the CHP was issued two weeks ago. It arrived today."

Isn't it nice to know that your tax dollars are still working hard for you? :biggrin2:

Oh Well, at least you have it now. Congratulations!

#16 ·
Congrates and i hope you never have to use it to defened you and yours. and for god sake buy some nacho's

#17 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I've already switched to the 239 at this point. A day of carrying the 226 was a bit uncomfortable due to my spare tire (I'M WORKING ON IT!) so I've switched to the thinner and lighter piece. I also learned that a tucked in tee shirt beneath the holster is a good idea for comfort. All in all the concealability is great, as is the comfort. Once I lose a few pounds I think the 226 will be fine too. I would definitely prefer it due to familiarity as well as the extra ammo, but it's nice to have options.

I'll be taking the Kahr to work tommorow in the smart carry (no gun policy in my office).

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.