What's your employer's policy on carry, do you follow it?

What's your employer's policy on carry, do you follow it?

This is a discussion on What's your employer's policy on carry, do you follow it? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We've all read about the Dominos driver and his defense of his life - though his company's policy banned him from carrying the gun that ...

View Poll Results: What is your employer's policy regarding carry? Do you follow it?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • My employer allows it, but I don't carry at work.

0 0%
  • My employer allows it, I do carry at work.

1 5.88%
  • My employer prohibits it, I don't carry at work.

6 35.29%
  • My employer prohibits it, I do carry at work.

3 17.65%
  • I'm retired or self employed - I do what I want, when I want.

7 41.18%
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 6 Post By PEF

Thread: What's your employer's policy on carry, do you follow it?

Question What's your employer's policy on carry, do you follow it?

We've all read about the Dominos driver and his defense of his life - though his company's policy banned him from carrying the gun that saved the day. It just makes me wonder how many people work in places with anti employee carry stances (most employers) and how many of us follow or ignore it.

The poll is set up to be anynonmous - purely scientific (sort of). If you comment, that's up to you, I know not everyone likes to share sensitive info on the Internet that employers can find.
    "In matters of taste, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like the rock." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I have a very pro-carry employer:

"If you ever get annoyed, look at me, I'm self-employed, I love to work at nuthin' all day"
    Struckat likes this.
    "There's something in me I can't describe. It's as if I saw a strange darkness before me, into which I must go."
    Viktor Woellert

You probably won't get a lot of response. If it's against the rules, it's against the rules! If you go against the rules and get caught be prepared to lose your job. There are some that practice C.A.N.T. (carry always, never tell) and they won't tell you on a public forum.

I work for the city so all the buildings are off limits to begin with. Plus it's not allowed to be in our car on the property but a pending court case may get that changed.

VIP Member
    I follow my firm's policy. But when I retire, I'm going to write my own employee handbook and then violate it so I can finally, after many years, Stick It To The Man.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by halem1 View Post
    You probably won't get a lot of response. If it's against the rules, it's against the rules! If you go against the rules and get caught be prepared to lose your job. There are some that practice C.A.N.T. (carry always, never tell) and they won't tell you on a public forum.
    I understand and agree completely - which is why the poll and results are completely anynonmous - any comments folks choose to make are subject to review by anyone using Google.
    "In matters of taste, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like the rock." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I was a 1099 employee for the last twelve years of my working career, and ignored my employer's no-gun policy all the time. Since it didn't have the force of law, no worries.
    "There's something in me I can't describe. It's as if I saw a strange darkness before me, into which I must go."
    Viktor Woellert

Senior Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    My employer posted the dreaded 30.06 sign. But even if they hadn't, it's prohibited in our employee handbook, which we all signed when hired so we were given proper written notice even without the sign.

Am interviewing and neither company I expect offers from have signs.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

I own my own firm. I carry, my primary employees carry, or have one in their desk drawers.

There has been more than one time when I was glad of my policy. Never drawn, or fired on anyone, but have excused myself and came back strapped more than once.

VIP Member
    My boss is cool with it. Several of us carry in our shop. I carried when I drove for Dominos as well.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

At my last job my boss preferred that I carry a gun on company property. The job before that I did, but I kept a DADT policy about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Former employer prohibited carry at work. Don't ask don't tell. Now self employed and carry.............

My employer says nothing on the subject, however, Uncle Sugar says I can't carry on base- the downside of being a contractor.

The
    C.A.N.T.

30.06 signs don't carry the Law where I work. The Policy may lead to my employment termination (if I get found out, but that's where the concealed part comes in). I have the resume that won't leave me unemployed too long. If anyone asked what happened..."Violation of company policies".

Everyone's situation is different though.

I will close this before any forum rules are violated.

10. Discussion of illegal activities, except in reporting the actions of others, is not allowed. Discussion for the purpose of promoting these activities may subject the poster to being banned. Admission of illegal activity on your part will be removed. Anyone quoting or referencing deleted or edited posts will have their posts edited/removed as well. In short, DO NOT use this forum to admit to breaking the law, even in your distant past.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links