Houston NRG Stadium

Houston NRG Stadium

This is a discussion on Houston NRG Stadium within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can I carry? I'm taking a group of people and the kiddos to the B&B Circus tonight at NRG stadium. The Internet states NRG stadium ...

Thread: Houston NRG Stadium

Houston NRG Stadium

Can I carry? I'm taking a group of people and the kiddos to the B&B Circus tonight at NRG stadium. The Internet states NRG stadium have a no weapon policy. But doesn't directly state NO CHL. Most discusion topics otherwise found concern the rodeo or sports. This isn't a sporting event and the rodeo was mostly off limits as there were cash winnings and schoolastic FFA activities. However this being the circus, I assume I should be able to conceal carry unless the have the 30.06?

Anyone know if they have 30.06 signs up? Anyone want to redirect or confirm my conclusion?

My understanding is that you are not allowed to carry at a large gathering sporting event. I interpreted that to mean anything (like the circus, concerts, etc.) at a large stadium. I am not sure of the letter of the law, but that is how I interpreted when I got my CHL in Texas.

However, I am not a lawyer, so I woould consult with someone with more knowledge than myself.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Reliant Park policies prohibit weapons/firearms.

TVJ
    "No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right and keeps on a-comin."
    Texas Ranger Capt William Jessie McDonald

They don't even want LEO'S. Carrying in NRG

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kennydale; July 10th, 2015 at 11:28 PM.
    "Liberal arguments against guns tend to presume the worst: that a yearning for gun ownership must in some way be rooted in the desire to hurt. But gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love"
    Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Wow thanks for the texas3006.com link. First time there. Super valuable resource.

Quote Originally Posted by joebeasley View Post
    Reliant Park policies prohibit weapons/firearms.
    The Reliant/NRG complex is owned by Harris County. They do have 30.06 signage in the convention center (seen it with my own eyes). I must assume that the stadium is posted as well.

However enforceability is questionable, per:

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035. - See more at: TEX PE. CODE ANN. 30.06 : Texas Statutes - Section 30.06: TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY CONCEALED HANDGUN
    Go Frogs!

Texas Concealed Handgun License (resident)
    Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License (non-resident)

I went this evening, and I didn't see a single anti gun sign except on the glass doors just before you enter into the stadium. It was the no smoking sign and the no gun sign side by side. Nothing in words and definitely no 30.06 that I could see and I was looking hard. How valid is a 30.06 of it isn't on or around every entry point? I know in NC, if it wasn't on EVERY door, then it was essentially useless because you could claim you came in through that particular area and we're not informed. Yet in TX ignorance isn't defense in court. Gray area drives me nuts.

By the way, the Barnum and Baily circus was wonderful. Would highly recommend it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links