US Concealed Carry Association - Page 12

US Concealed Carry Association

This is a discussion on US Concealed Carry Association within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What I have seen of the site Tim is excellent - plus, reading the ''Armed Citizen Solution'' series. I hope folks can feel that any ...

View Poll Results: Subscription to Concealed Carry Magazine / Member of USCCA

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • I subscribe to Concealed Carry Magazine only.

19 10.38%
  • I am a subscriber and member separately.

9 4.92%
  • I am a member of the USCCA and get the magazine through my membership.

62 33.88%
  • I subscribe to Concealed Carry Magazine and plan on joining the USCCA.

12 6.56%
  • I am neither of subscriber nor a member but plan on becoming one.

44 24.04%
  • I am neither of subscriber nor a member and have no current plans.

37 20.22%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Assistant Administrator
    What I have seen of the site Tim is excellent - plus, reading the ''Armed Citizen Solution'' series.

I hope folks can feel that any misinterpretation is cleared up re costs - and also hope people will indulge sufficient to continue helping this go along from good to even better. Hang in there - you do have many friends out here.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

that does bring up an idea. Why not have an "open house" just for CC members (or open to all) where they can go for one day or for an hour (whatever you think would be time enough to evaluate the site and then decide whether the increased cost is worth it). You can put in restrictions on some of the more premium parts or restrict downloads (if you can do that), etc..

Make a post and have it stickied here so that people can go and take a looksey for themselves.

Wayne

I will definitely sign up

The cost of the magazine and web site together sound a little pricey but I just wanted to step back and do a reality check.

It just dawned on me that of all the gun mags I used to get or pick up in the store, Concealed Carry Magazine is the ONLY one that puts a smile on my face as soon as I see it.

I definitely re-read the stories over to make sure I don't miss anything.

If the web site is even close to the magazine in quality, I will sign up.

The reality check is that adding the web site costs about the same as two boxes of 45ACP. For this kind of quality, I will find the extra cash.

Keep up the good work Tim!

1943 - 2009
    You will ALWAYS be able to renew your subscription/membership at the $39/year price.

If you don't want to pay the extra money for the website access... Well, you don't have to!
    I confess this is the part that confuses me. You are selling a one year subscription to Concealed Carry Magazine for #39.00, which includes a USCCA membership.

But my USCCA membership included with my magazine subscription does not allow me full access to the web site. For this I must pay another $30.00. So it is not really a full membership, is it? I believe others are thinking along these same lines.

Perhaps you should change your advertising. Charge $39.00 for a one year subscription to CCM only or charge $69.00 for a one year subscription to CCM and a full USCCA membership with web site access. Explain the differences between the two price levels. Example: "Here is what you get for $39.00, but for only an additional $30.00, you are entitled to the following benefits, etc., etc.".

Marketed this way, you eliminate the confusion and animosity. Two choices. Pay the lower price for the magazine only, or pay the higher price for the magazine/membership/web site package.

Edit: Posted after Tim's last response at 1:21 PM.

2nd Edit: Another question just occurred to me. What does the members' forum on the USCCA web site have to offer that CombatCarry.com doesn't?
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; June 27th, 2006 at 04:25 PM.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Hey guys... I don't blame you for being a little confused. I've changed things with the marketing/pricing of USCCA/CCM more than our wives/girlfriends change clothes. (No offense, Betty)

Here is the deal... This all started when I started selling "back-issue" archive CDs to new members that were signing up. Heck, over HALF the new people would buy these CDs. So I figure, let's build a website that offers a LOT more content than what is on the CD. Then people don't have to keep buying these back-issue CDs.

So I built the new site. I've tried to simplify things by just offering two choices.

1.) USCCA "Full" Membership $69/yr.
    2.) USCCA "Magazine Only" Membership $39/yr.

That's it. If you think the website is worthless then you can pick option 2. If you like the website then you can pick option 1.

I've also done away with the automatic membership cards. I can't tell you how many people asked me, "What the heck is this thing for?"

My answer was,"Uhh... I'm not really sure."

One more thing....

Wayne. I really like your idea of an "OPEN HOUSE" for combatcarry folks. That is a GREAT idea.

Once I get out from under this MOUNTAIN of glitches and hiccups, I will do JUST THAT.

I will create a FREE one-week pass for all combatcarry members. I know you guys mean well and I REALLY appreciate all of the constructive feedback.

Best regards,

Tim Schmidt

Thanks for clearing things up! I am looking forward to the "open house."

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk6
    Thanks for clearing things up! I am looking forward to the "open house."
    +1 - Thanks

the web site's up. i just got my user name and password.

i looked around and it is pretty good. i'm still gonna have to think about the extra $$ at renewal time though.

it depends on cash available at that time whether i'll go full or just the mag.

Tim..... glad you finally added "Option 3" there. Now it makes more sense than before. I am sure that will make it abit easier to understand the 3 options.

John
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Tim,

I can't say which way I'll go when renewal time comes up. I've never been happier with a magazine subscription, or new organisation before in my life!

I will continue on with the USCCA, one way or another. It's a good thing! The magazine really suits me, as it addresses the subject (CCW) I'm interested in, without the usual BS.

Maybe for me, the club membership and the "on-line" version of the magazine would be the best way to go, but I'll not decide on that until the time comes. After all, I can pass the mag around to help generate more interest, not quite so easy with just the Web version of it.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Question Future Magazine Options

I have a question concerning magazine options. Originally, CC Mag was a stand alone option. That's how I first subscribed last year. Later, the magazine became a "freebee" when you joined the USCCA. My question; if CCM will now be a part of any USCCA membership package, like AMERICAN RIFLEMAN is for NRA members, will the magazine still be a stand alone option?

Also, are you considering making the magazine available to the general public (without a subscription) anytime soon. Maybe you could start selling it through gunshops/retailers first. They'd seem an obvious choice as a starting point since their customers already have an interest in guns. If - or hopefully when - the retail sales take off, you could expand to cover other outlets, like sporting goods and book/magazine stores.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Upped price or not, I just wish we had a USCCA type organisation in Canada.
    Proud CSSA Member! :)

"The best way to convert liberals is to have them move out of their parents' home, get a job, and start paying taxes." Ann Coulter

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Canuck,
    you make a very good point....count me in Tim.
    Thanks for making me see a bit clearer Canuck
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

DC Founder
    I received my login and password and have to say you've done a very good job on the website, Tim. I'm sure the "openhouse" for CombatCarry members will be very appreciated and give them a chance to look the site over. I believe everyone benefits in their support of CCM and the USCCA.

Keep up the good work!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I got my password and absolutely love the site. Well worth it to me.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Links