US Concealed Carry Association

This is a discussion on US Concealed Carry Association within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I got my subscription I didn't know about the sister organzation. Hopefully when renewal time comes I'll be able to get everything together....

View Poll Results: Subscription to Concealed Carry Magazine / Member of USCCA

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • I subscribe to Concealed Carry Magazine only.

19 10.38%
  • I am a subscriber and member separately.

9 4.92%
  • I am a member of the USCCA and get the magazine through my membership.

62 33.88%
  • I subscribe to Concealed Carry Magazine and plan on joining the USCCA.

12 6.56%
  • I am neither of subscriber nor a member but plan on becoming one.

44 24.04%
  • I am neither of subscriber nor a member and have no current plans.

37 20.22%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: US Concealed Carry Association

Lead Moderator
    When I got my subscription I didn't know about the sister organzation. Hopefully when renewal time comes I'll be able to get everything together.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

2. Remove Ads

Ridgerunner
    I really like the magazine and it continues to improve with every issue. Even if the magazine was of marginal value I would still subscribe. I support those that support my interests and the big gun magazines for the most part don't have much interest in concealed carry topics and fighting for those specific rights.

I'll be joining the SCCA pretty soon.
    I've been meaning to do it for awhile now.

I like the magazine, though I've only received two editions so far. If it weren't for reading the magazine, I would never have known about this site.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by rfurtkamp
    I'll be honest here - they may be trying real hard, but the trial copy I got around when they were starting wasn't enough to keep my interest level up for what it cost.

The initial rates quoted were outrageous - even for a small business in a niche market. I need something I can't get on packing.org or elsewhere or somehow make it worth the investment.

I'm all for supporting worthwhile products, but for me, price does factor into the equation.
    You might want to check them out again, they have come a long way and continue to get better with each issue. I like it that they are focused strictly on carry issues and I agree with Ridgerunner, I like to support those that support all of us.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I figure I'll check them out again in six months or a year and see if it's progressed and remains consistent.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Assistant Administrator
    Took out my CCM sub at day one. But only got to join USCCA last month - thru reading here and seeing about it too in the mag'.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thumbs up

I think progress is being made and every issue gets a little stronger. After all, it is a new concept among the maze of offerings, and caters to a select (although growing) populace. Since this is the only magazine of it's kind, and I have a personal interest in it's premise, I feel it deserves my support to have a chance to grow and become what it might! If a year from now it sucks, maybe I'll have to rethink the deal!!

I've probably said it somewhere here before (too lazy to check), but that's how I found this place. I know, I know, #$@% magazine...well...just suck it up campers!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Quote Originally Posted by Deke45
    I think progress is being made and every issue gets a little stronger. After all, it is a new concept among the maze of offerings, and caters to a select (although growing) populace. Since this is the only magazine of it's kind, and I have a personal interest in it's premise, I feel it deserves my support to have a chance to grow and become what it might! If a year from now it sucks, maybe I'll have to rethink the deal!!

I've probably said it somewhere here before (too lazy to check), but that's how I found this place. I know, I know, #$@% magazine...well...just suck it up campers!

Thanks Deke45. I enjoy reading every issue... and it is getting better with every one. There is some great information in it... and I just have to roll my eyes about waiting for it to get better. It's very cool reading it and watching the evolution in progress. Some one here is just missing out.

I am awaiting my first issue and am looking forward to it. I am already a reader of George's site and read all his writings vis a vis guns. That is how I came to love the Makarov and to now be a proud owner. Thanks George! :)

I love my Russian Mak too. Great guns, grossly under appreciated... and that's good! That means we can buy more for cheap!

Pssst... take a look at the CZ-52... the poor man's FN FiveseveN.

Quote Originally Posted by George Hill
    I love my Russian Mak too. Great guns, grossly under appreciated... and that's good! That means we can buy more for cheap!

Pssst... take a look at the CZ-52... the poor man's FN FiveseveN.
    I have one. (there's a pic of it here. )

I like it, but my wife is the one who can really shoot it. I just wish the ammo was easier to find. There's one gun store in the Lansing area that even tries to keep it in stock, otherwise, I have to order it online.

p.s., HOW does one subscribe to the magazine, or how do you join USCCA? I'm asking as I haven't found a link on this site anywhere, but I might have passed it over.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Is there a website for USCCA? I'd like to see what they have to say before laying out the bucks for a subscription I may be disappointed with.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    OK guys, I'm going to lodge one complaint with this organization and let me know what you think...they are based in Wisconsin, a state that does not allow it's citizens to arm themselves. I can understand a grassroots organization driving toward the right to carry a firearm. But basing your company and magizine in that state, paying that state taxes on your profits, income tax from your employees. Supporting the very government that denies you the right to do what you are so passionate about. Seems to me that you would move your headquarters to a more gun friendly state.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874
    Is there a website for USCCA? I'd like to see what they have to say before laying out the bucks for a subscription I may be disappointed with.
    Apparently, the site for CCMag is also the site for USCCA. I know, I found it and joined USCCA today (11/27/05).

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Links