US Concealed Carry Association

This is a discussion on US Concealed Carry Association within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Saw the add in American rifleman and was dubious about the claims. I went to the website and ordered the back-issues ($35 for 2 years ...

View Poll Results: Subscription to Concealed Carry Magazine / Member of USCCA

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • I subscribe to Concealed Carry Magazine only.

19 10.38%
  • I am a subscriber and member separately.

9 4.92%
  • I am a member of the USCCA and get the magazine through my membership.

62 33.88%
  • I subscribe to Concealed Carry Magazine and plan on joining the USCCA.

12 6.56%
  • I am neither of subscriber nor a member but plan on becoming one.

44 24.04%
  • I am neither of subscriber nor a member and have no current plans.

37 20.22%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: US Concealed Carry Association

Saw the add in American rifleman and was dubious about the claims. I went to the website and ordered the back-issues ($35 for 2 years worth) to see what the group was all about. Hate to sound like a Cheer leader but each article was better then the last. You deal with issues more indepth then other magazines and cover things I have not seen in any other publication other then books. I've tried to get others to subscribe but they all say the $40 for 8 issues is to much. maybe they just want to scavenge from me. I personally don't see the use of the bumper sticker since Advertising on ones person is not good to remain "concealed".
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

2. Remove Ads

Well you never know. Maybe things will look up for me somewhere down the road.
    It could be worse. Most of the folks who were in the same boat as me have not found any work at all since we were booted out.

Maybe it's too early to chime in on this given the fact I'm still waiting on Michigan to cough up the license, but there are a lot of different organizations looking for membership. I'm an NRA member for now and will see where concealed carry takes me in the near future. Believe me when I say that you are all influencing what groups newcomers like myself will soon join.

Membership in USCCA

I am both a reader of the mag and a member of USCCA and have been for over a year. I think of it as a good investment.

KRobb

Found this forum, felt that joining was the right thing to do!
    Pershing SIR!!

I myself just joined the NRA a couple of weeks ago, and I am most likely going to join the USCCA in the coming days. Having grown up around firearms and law enforcement my entire life I finally decided that I needed to start playing a more active role in defending myself and my family as I can't expect the PD to do it for me, and also thought I should be standing up for my rights to bear arms such as the constitution states.

Interesting!

In this day and age, it is unusual to find that more people are coming to realize that we are all responsible for ourselves and not totally dependent upon a government for individual protection.

Lately, I've actually had some conversations with people at work about that. Who knows? Maybe I can pry open another mind or two. When they do show some signs of progress, I direct them to the Forum, so they can see that not all armed citizens are "gun nutz."

When I have a few more issues of the magazine, I'll loan them out. Right now, I only have the one and the CD archive. That I will not loan out!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

What

I subscribed to the magazine before there was a USCCA. Then, when USCCA was established, I joined. So I do not know if I receive the magazine and am a member of USCCA or receive my magazine because I joined the USCCA. In any case I am pleased with both. Or are they one??????

I joined to support the organization and get the magazine.
    Dave

I recently joined USCCA and received my card and a small USCCA sticker in the mail a few days ago. I'm looking forward to the getting my first issue of the magazine.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

los
    I just received my first issue of CCM. The articles are great and filled with very usefull information. I would highly recommend the Magazine to any gun enthusiast, especially one that has their CHL or intends to carry in the future.

I'd like to support a real 2A group

Since the NRA has become useless, it does no good to remind everyone that they're the "largest".

The GOA and SAF look alright, but they don't seem to have much force to bring to bear.

I have to be careful with money. I can't afford to send ANOTHER membership fee to just another wannabe NRA.

When I decide to spend money on something, it's going to come OUT of the budget for something else. Being a member of 8 or 10 groups, when only one of them can actually get anything done and refuses to do so, gets pretty depressing when I can't buy ammo that month.
    No representation without taxation.
    You can have progressive or you can have fair. Not both.

VIP Member
    For you who are new members of USCCA and those who are considering joining members here is a link to a thread I started recently. It give you some info that is not available to you unless you receive CCM. I, too, had wondered what was the real reason to join USCCA. I think this gives you at least one good reason.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=7739

I can't speak for Tim or the organization, but I think that we are seeing growing pains and have to understand that this is a very small operation that is growing in all likelyhood slower than hoped, but much faster than expected. In order for the USCCA to accomplish its goals it has to grow, but at the same time in order to attract new members and subscribers CCM must be as professional and as slick as possible. Tim and his crew then find themselves on the horns of a dilemma - what do you invest your time in first? I believe that the best choice was made: work on getting the magazine ready for prime time. I believe that we are not right on the verge of seeing USCCA explode in membership and influence. The ground work has been laid and now the structure starts to come together.

One of the things I hope to see in the not to distant future is a revision of the ads that are running and of the website. I think will soon be possible to do those things because there will be solid items that can be place before the public to let them know what USCCA is and what it is doing.

As one who attempted to build an organization from scratch in the '90s I can tell you no matter how well you plan, nor how well funded you are, nor how much you have checked to see it there is sufficent interest to support the idea you are going to find that much of what you know is wrong. Then the choice become what do I do now. In my case I spent a lot of my money to make good on the promises that I had made because I realized that real life had indicated my concept was not feasible. Tim it appears determined that the idea was good and that decisions had to be made about how to best accomplish his stated goals and ran with it. I'm very glad that he did not throw in the towel and look forward to the realization of his goals and objectives.

I count myself fortunate to have gotten in on an organization that I expect to have a great effect on our country so early in its existence. I am a member of NRA and it has had and continues to have a significant impact on our country, but NRA cannot do it alone. Because NRA has been around for 135 years, I as an individual have very little impact on how it operates and where it goes. USCCA is in its third year of existence and those of us who become a part of it now and in the near future will have a significant role in helping to establish it as a force to be reckoned with in the near future and can look forward to being the core of what can become an organization with the same kind of prestige as NRA. Wouldn't you love to be in on the ground floor of creating an organization that is the first to be attacked by the Brady Bunch and its anti-gun buddies? I would and that is why I'm willing to wait a while for the fruit to be produced.

I'm off my soapbox now. Have a great day.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I let my sub. to CCM lapse but it's only going to be for a month (last issue that I received and will until I renew is March/April) when I should be able to get the money to do so.

This may sound lame but I can't afford CCM and also USCCA at the same time right now. It's either or. But I hope to be able to do so in the new future (sorry, I like this grin better than the normal one so you will see this one from me when I do the grin).

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    This may sound lame but I can't afford CCM and also USCCA at the same time right now. It's either or.
    I may be mistaken, but I thought the difference in price was only $5.00. Am I mistaken?

According to this website:
    https://www.uscca.us/Ecom/membership_2.asp
    it shows that the membership to USCCA is $40.00 (which includes CCM magazine) and the magazine only is $35.00.

Am I mistaken? (Maybe CCM is not Concealed Carry Magazine?)

By the way... I recently joined the USCCA (one year membership at $40.00) and received my card in the mail yesterday... very nice! :)
    -Jeff

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links