Minnesota Honors 12 More Drops 4.

This is a discussion on Minnesota Honors 12 More Drops 4. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Minnesota Commissioner of the Dept of Public Services has put out the new list of states Minnesota will honor. Minnesota changed their Reciprocity law ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Minnesota Honors 12 More Drops 4.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

The Minnesota Commissioner of the Dept of Public Services has put out the new list of states Minnesota will honor. Minnesota changed their Reciprocity law Aug. 1 of this year. The state Minnesota honors now are:

Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware*, Idaho* Enhanced Only, Illinois*, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey*, New Mexico, North Dakota* Class 1 Only, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island*, South Carolina*, South Dakota* and Tennessee.
    States with an * are addition in 2015.

Minnesota has dropped, Missouri, Texas, Utah and Wyoming from the list they had until today. Handgunlaw.us is hoping to have all this new information added to the site later this evening or early tomorrow.

The New page just went up on the Minnesota DPS website. You can view that all Here
    https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca...ciprocity.aspx
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Thank you, Gary, for all the hard work you do. Very much appreciated. Makes the life of an upstanding citizen much simpler, with such initial guidance to the morass of infringements and requirements. Thank you, sir.
    Mike1956, Haywood, joker1 and 2 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Thanks again for the great service you provide, Gary.
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    "Preparation and mindset are everything. Allowing one's mouth to write checks that one's butt is unable or unwilling to cash is foolish."

VIP Member
    Well that's too bad... I was planning a trip up that way and would have contributed to the local income and tax revenue. Guess I'll go somewhere else.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array sdprof's Avatar
    Note that the South Dakota recognition is only for the recently enacted "Enhanced Permit"
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Note that the South Dakota recognition is only for the recently enacted "Enhanced Permit"
    What, so there's a "might be upstanding" level and a "truly upstanding" level?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thanks for all the time you spend dealing with the laws so we can safely carry.

Distinguished Member Array patri0t's Avatar
    Some States are far too nit-picky.... anyone who bothers to acquire a 'Permit" to carry their concealed sidearm is a non-issue to any State.

Since there is nothing preventing a person from CCing without a "Permit", the whole concept is quite ridiculous and naive.
    The Constitutional Carry States of Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas, Vermont, Wyoming (and Maine in October) do not infringe on citizens' 2A 'God-Given-Rights' and they are doing just fine (it is still illegal for criminals to carry in these States, though).

Analyzing the details of Unconstitutional "permits" is almost Bizarre in these modern times.
    MrBC, elmacgyver0, sdprof and 9 others like this.
    Retired Deputy- State Trooper (38 long years) 8 yrs RTO - MS Degree- Criminology
    Gun Control measures are Unconstitutional Infringements. Period.
    "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Some States are far too nit-picky.... anyone who bothers to acquire a 'Permit" to carry their concealed sidearm is a non-issue to any State.

Since there is nothing preventing a person from CCing without a "Permit", the whole concept is quite ridiculous and naive.
    The Constitutional Carry States of Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas, Vermont, Wyoming (and Maine in October) do not infringe on citizens' 2A 'God-Given-Rights' and they are doing just fine (it is still illegal for criminals to carry in these States, though).

Analyzing the details of Unconstitutional "permits" is almost Bizarre in these modern times.
    I extortion is a better word than ridiculous, when it involves selling a constitutional right to a citizen.
    sdprof, CalCarry and Aceoky like this.
    PIGOT (n.) a person who works for a living and pays his bills. (contraction of Pig Bigot)

I look good in tinfoil.

Distinguished Member
    I guess they don't like Florida folks. Well we will just close Disney World to the state of Minnesota.
    zonker1986 and oldnfat like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Thanks Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Well that's too bad... I was planning a trip up that way and would have contributed to the local income and tax revenue. Guess I'll go somewhere else.
    ditto. This is very disappointing.
    Aceoky likes this.

thanks for all the hard work you do Gary
    Aceoky likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array sdprof's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    What, so there's a "might be upstanding" level and a "truly upstanding" level?

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
    George Orwell
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

They dropped Texas, and their reasoning is VERY disappointing. I'd imagine that veterans are particularly offended by the reason:

"Texas passed a law in 2014 to allow 19-year-old military personnel and veterans to obtain a permit. Minnesota law does not allow issuing permits to anyone under 21."

As far as I know, Texas didn't pass ANY laws in 2014.

Our legislature only meets in odd numbered years, unless a special session is convened by the Governor. I believe that the last time a special session was held during an even numbered year was 2006.
    Go Frogs!

Texas Concealed Handgun License (resident)
    Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License (non-resident)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links