NRA opinions please, should i join?

This is a discussion on NRA opinions please, should i join? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i am fairly young (22)and am not exactly sure where they stand as far as being "pro CCW" I intend to do everything i can ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA opinions please, should i join?

i am fairly young (22)and am not exactly sure where they stand as far as being "pro CCW" I intend to do everything i can within reason as an individual to protect my right to carry and own firearms with limited restrictions. i write my congressman, sign petitions and attempt to educate as many "sheep" on our rights to own and carry. i am wondering if they truly support our cause?

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Lots of opinions both for and against regarding the NRA. I chose to become a member because my membership might help them do something to benefit me. If not, I can afford the loss. I support other organizations that I think may help maintain my second amendment right, including the Second Amendment Foundation, and locally the Colorado State Shooting Association and Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. I know for certain that these 2 local organizations get good things done.

They do things that rub people wrong but all in all they are our best chance to win at the federal level. They do good things at all levels. I say join now!

Join. They have an associate membership for only $10 a year. It gets you insurance, hotel and rental discounts, as well as discounts at most shooting ranges. PLUS, they help protect 2nd Amendment rights. They have a great website with state laws in easy to understand language to help us all understand. Thats my 2 cents.
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    He@@ yes join. There is one organization that has the clout and power to protect our gun rights from alot going on in our nations capitol and its the NRA. Been a member since I was your age.

Couple things you might not know is that you get gun insurance for free with it and outstanding opertunities for training.

My only issue with them is they sure send alot of renewal notices, even when your paid up for a few years. Just check you issue of the magazine you choose as it will have your expiration date on it.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

VIP Member
    Join...definitely...as quickly as you can.

If it weren't for the NRA, we would have no right to keep and bear arms anymore, and we certainly wouldn't have seen the gains in CC in so many states.

If you want to keep your freedoms, become a life member tomorrow.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

i can only presume, you've dropped that membership check in the mail by now....

if not, what are you waiting for!

Lead Moderator
    One option (sneaky I admit) is to take a life membership as early as you can. I got my life membership when I was 16, I'll be 62 this year. This leaves you the option to keep in touch with what is going on, contributing when you feel the need.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Right now in Philadelphia, PA there is a city councilman who was on the news earlier this week proposing that due to the out of control violence in the city that certain rights be taken away from citizens, despite it being unconstitutional. One of the rights was to bear arms, another was to be able to stand-congregate on sidewalks in certain neighborhoods. If the NRA did not exist, idiots like this would actually have a chance at having their unconstitutional ideas be taken seriously. Join now, spend the $25.00 and chalk it up to preserving your children's freedoms. If it was not for the NRA, we would not have the clout to fight the anti's on capitol hill. Remember the Brady bill??? That could be just the beginning. Money well spent.

While I don't always agree with everything they do or their constant begging for more, let's face it, they have the clout and organization to hold the barbarians at bay for the most part. So, yes, I belong.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Gee and all this time I thought my rights were guaranteed.

Join, Join join!!!

The NRA is THE group that has the clout needed to get the job done.

They have the largest membership and the most money. Please help keep it that way and help convince other gun owners who aren't members to join. Support these other pro-gun groups if you can...but first and foremost, support the NRA and its state affiliates.

While I feel that the NRA is sometimes too compromising on gun rights, I can definitely see the good they have done in the gun rights war. Many a battle would have been lost w/o them.

Imo, it's worth the 25/yr.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I have been an off again, on again member. I do need to renew my membership though and I will. We need all the help we can get.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links