VA CCW holder list published in Roanoke Times - Page 2

VA CCW holder list published in Roanoke Times

This is a discussion on VA CCW holder list published in Roanoke Times within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ohio newspapers have been printing our names since concealed carry was passed....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: VA CCW holder list published in Roanoke Times

Ohio newspapers have been printing our names since concealed carry was passed.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

VIP Member
    Duplicate threads have been merged.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Take an add out in the same paper and show Christian Trejbals picture, in the text tell that he is against private citizens from carrying weapons to defend themselves, including himself. Add to the text were he works, and the page number in the phone book that shows his tel number and address. Then in the last sentence pose the question, " how does it feel Chris?" His info is also in the public domain..
    Be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    Ohio newspapers have been printing our names since concealed carry was passed.
    True, but at least the criminals have to do a little digging to find our addresses. The Times makes it quite easy.

Christian Trejbal is a new editorial writer for the Roanoke Times. His non-too-popular views on other subjects have already earned him some rather nasty responses to his columns.

Photo of Christian Trejbal:
    http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/im...al_100x135.jpg

Address:
    675 School Lane
    Christiansburg, VA 24073
    (4 bedroom house that was listed for $115,000 when he purchased it)

Map to Christian Trejbal's house:
    http://tinyurl.com/2lvdps

Christian Trejbal received a Masters in Philosophy from the Univ. of Minnesota in 2000. He has also spent some time in Bend, Oregon.

Christian Trejbal's Phone Number: (540) 381-1645
    Email: christian.trejbal@roanoke.com (also uses chris@nightmare.org)

He's single, approx. 35 years old, and grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. Short bio on Roanoke Time's web site states: "Christian Trejbal: The philosopher, mathematician and historian discovered editorial writing. "Who needs to finish a Ph.D.?" he asked. From Cleveland, by way of Indiana, Minnesota and Oregon, Christian Trejbal landed in Southwest Virginia."

Christian Trejbal also owns the domain trejbal.net:

Registrant:
    Trejbal, Christian
    3141 R Square
    Roanoke, VA 24015
    US

Domain Name: TREJBAL.NET

Administrative Contact:
    Trejbal, Christian babbage@nightmare.org
    3141 R Square
    Roanoke, VA 24015
    US
    540-309-4683

Mr. Trejbal, how do you like the openess of the Internet?
    Last edited by JohnKelly; March 13th, 2007 at 09:29 PM.

Senior Moderator
    Printing a list of CCW owners is totally unacepttable..even if it is legal.

I would hope that ANYONE that gets a gun stolen from their home list him as an accomplice for making it a public fact that you own guns.

That''ll teach him...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

A major FL newspaper pulled this same stunt about a year ago. The FL legislature put a stop to it but quick. They pssed a bill and Gov. Jeb signed it into law immediatly. It is now a felony to disclose CCW information.

I am nolonger a VA resident but my brother and many relatives are.

I would be really upset if this happened to me. Sugest that the VCDL get involved in an effort to try to stop this from happening elsewhere in the state. Their information is at http://www.vcdl.org/va-alert.html

**** luck and Be Safe.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shermdo View Post
    I would be really upset if this happened to me. Sugest that the VCDL get involved in an effort to try to stop this from happening elsewhere in the state. Their information is at http://www.vcdl.org/va-alert.html

**** luck and Be Safe.
    I'm a member & I sent Phil an email, right after I sent a letter to the editor.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKelly View Post
    Christian Trejbal is a new editorial writer for the Roanoke Times. His non-too-popular views on other subjects have already earned him some rather nasty responses to his columns.

Photo of Christian Trejbal:
    http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/im...al_100x135.jpg

Map to Christian Trejbal's house:
    http://tinyurl.com/32c98m

Christian Trejbal received a Masters in Philosophy from the Univ. of Minnesota in 2000. He has also spent some time in Bend, Oregon.

Christian Trejbal's Phone Number: (540) 381-1645
    Email: christian.trejbal@roanoke.com

He's single, approx. 35 years old, and grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. Short bio on Roanoke Time's web site states: "Christian Trejbal: The philosopher, mathematician and historian discovered editorial writing. "Who needs to finish a Ph.D.?" he asked. From Cleveland, by way of Indiana, Minnesota and Oregon, Christian Trejbal landed in Southwest Virginia."

Mr. Trejbal, how do you like the openess of the Internet?
    Surprisingly they seem to have taken the list offline. I tried the link and get 404's. So either they fear a lawsuit coming, or someone is actively attacking...Paybacks a $$$$$. Anywhoo...I've got more personal info(more like his immediate siblings out of state - all procured via public records). Although I hesitate to post that info, as his siblings shouldn't be punished for his foolishness and/or dangerous follies.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I would be interested to see who in my area is licensed, or rather just who isn't.

Is their lack of a license because of a criminal past, or fear the background check may turn up mental illness or something else that disqualifies them?

Are they just complacent? We do live in a high gun ownership/low crime area, but since most problems occur away from home and your trusty shotgun, that makes little sense.

Or are they taking the 'ostrich' approach - if they pretend nothing bad can happen, then maybe they'll be OK?

Or is it because they have some evil political agenda?

Actually, it's probably better that the list isn't published here, some of those sheep are probably friends or people I do business with. I'd hate to see them labeled as easy pickings. And besides, if I knew who they were, I'd always wonder WHY
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

In the interests of ensuring proper government record-keeping procedures, I'm sure lots of folks have all sorts of interest in knowing a few things about their neighbors. Interest, that is; not business. Little tidbits such as: the address and phone where they live and work; the schools where their children go; the license plates and descriptions of cars they own; whether they own "baubles" worth more than $500 apiece. You know, just to ensure our government is keeping proper track of the things that others would like to know about us.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

RE:

Apparently everyone is overloading the server, it said service not available ... I can see this posing an interesting debate... It makes me more conscious that BGS that want to go gun shopping can just look and see who has guns.... Now I have to say, if your going to rob someone who you know has a gun you're insane...and why not just watch people in walmart that spend alot of money and assume they have alot at home...same concept.. so thats not an issue...

I typed alot of stuff here....

I deleted it....

As I realized it would give people ideas for the improper use of this info!!!! Im not paranoid..I just dont want to cause anybody here problems.. Freedom of information is one thing, Publishing something like this is annother.

I am less than pleased with this idiots "brain droppings"...worse yet...have this get to Bloomberg..and he starts filing suit against US directly!!

Make sure you guys vote at the poll regarding public CCW records.

Also, anyone knows who is the lawyer who will be suing the newspaper and the reporter?

VIP Member
    Unbelievable !! I'd be boiling if I saw my name listed on something like that. Hey , lets get a list of all the people that have a gun in their house for protection and print that. That way we'd all know which houses we should stay away from.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links