Ever had to use your CCW? - Page 4

Ever had to use your CCW?

This is a discussion on Ever had to use your CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BlueLion First, ACP what a good post. Second, some of the people here scare me because so many of you would be ...

View Poll Results: Have you ever had to use your CCW?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 7.98%
  • No

183 76.89%
  • Have Displayed But Not Fired

36 15.13%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ever had to use your CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    First, ACP what a good post. Second, some of the people here scare me because so many of you would be in jail or prison due to an unjustified shoot. People, I can't believe some of this stuff I am reading. I hope many of you have either learned by now or have read over your CCW course info again. Whoa.....
    Bluelion, yes I agree. After I had my hand on the butt, I decided I needed additional options. That's when I went and got some FoxLabs OC, plus a Kubotan.
    I only want to use deadly force as a last resort.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    In Florida it's forbidden to carry your gun into a TAVERN or anyplace where alcohol is the primary product. If you go to a restaurant that also happens to have a bar area, you can eat in the restaurant portion and be armed as long as you do NOT approach the bar armed. Of course it goes without saying NEVER ever mix gunpowder and booze or beer. If I'm carrying, it's strictly Pepsi or ice tea for me! Please tell me this is also the case in NC.
    I don't know about NC, but that is mostly the case in Michigan. With the exception that we can approach the bar. In fact, there's no prohibition in Michigan against having a beer/drink. AS LONG AS your BAC stays below .02. But I just plain don't drink out in public anymore. IF I want a drink that bad, I go to the liquor store, buy what I want and take it home, and THEN consume it.

But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe
    I don't know about NC, but that is mostly the case in Michigan. With the exception that we can approach the bar. In fact, there's no prohibition in Michigan against having a beer/drink. AS LONG AS your BAC stays below .02. But I just plain don't drink out in public anymore. IF I want a drink that bad, I go to the liquor store, buy what I want and take it home, and THEN consume it.

But that's just me.
    In TX, if an establishment makes more than 50% of their income from alcohol, they must display a sign stating 51% and it is a felony to be caught carrying there.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

About 4 years ago, after I dropped my ex off at her ailing mother's, I was traveling in the RH lane when a extended cab 4wd Ford diesel pickup cut me off by exiting to the right from the left hand lane. I beeped at him with the feeble horn on the Mazda I drive. After a mile or so I noticed a vehicle with high mounted lights racing up to me, I held my lane and speed while he was 10 feet or so off my rear, until my exit came in sight. At the light I saw that it was the truck I beeped at. I proceeded through a well lit area knowing that when we hit the divided 4 lane outside town he might make a move. When that time came I took my SS Colt Commander and placed on top of the dashboard. Soon he pulled up beside me, his passenger was hanging out the window screaming for me to pull over because he was going to "whup my old ass", I turned on the cabin lights and pointed towards the Colt. The passenger quickly retreated from the window and the driver braked and moved back behind my car. I slowed to 20 mph and he kept his distance for another 2 miles, until we approached a crossing in the median. He turned and headed back to town.
    Pershing SIR!!

Several times I had to draw but there was no need to show my CHL, the responding officer check this out with dispatch.
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    ACCJT Certified LEO DT Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    When you need a gun, you really need a gun, and you need it right away. Otherwise, you don't need a gun. So far, a discrete firing grip, solid eye contact, and authoritative commands have been enough.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

NC Law

The law in NC states that you cannot carry into a place where alcohol is sold and consumed. So the grocery store would be okay b/c alcohol is just sold, but that means that any place where alcohol is sold and consumed is off limits. Even the little fast food places like Maimi subs that just happens to sell beer would be off limits.

I would much rather just have a law that said you could carry anywhere as long as your blood alcohol level was 0.00.

I also don't agree with the fact that in NC you cannot carry in a place where admission is charged. I wish I could carry when I go to the movies. It seems like you are always walking through dark parking lots where you have to park far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911
    I would much rather just have a law that said you could carry anywhere as long as your blood alcohol level was 0.00.
    Better to go with laws like Michigan and Indiana where the BAC limit while armed is 0.02. Why? Easy. The machines that measure your BAC are not perfect and have been known to make mistakes.

Al, not only that, but some fruit juices like orange and grape, just might have a very slight amount in them. I learned this in flight school

I'll say this. I felt naked yesterday. My GF and another couple went to a play and dinner. Well, the playhouse served liquor and so did Olive Garden. So, in Ohio I can't have my pistol.
    That was a very strange feeling.....
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Personally, I'd like to see it upped to 0.03, just to give an extra buffer against possible mistakes....and maybe allow for an extra beer now and then.

But in all reality, I've pretty much quit drinking alcohol. With Michigan law, I can go into any place that serves alcohol with my weapon as long as they make 50+% of their income from something OTHER than alcohol sales. It's going to be a long process, but I think we need to start working on eliminating the so-called Pistol free zones. They're only free from legal carry, not illegal carry, since outlaws (and some of us who are VERY concerned about our safety) do not follow the laws.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I have been very glad to have mine a time or two, and have gone so far as to have my hand on it, but never drawn. I hope it stays that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe
    Personally, I'd like to see it upped to 0.03, just to give an extra buffer against possible mistakes....and maybe allow for an extra beer now and then.

But in all reality, I've pretty much quit drinking alcohol. With Michigan law, I can go into any place that serves alcohol with my weapon as long as they make 50+% of their income from something OTHER than alcohol sales. It's going to be a long process, but I think we need to start working on eliminating the so-called Pistol free zones. They're only free from legal carry, not illegal carry, since outlaws (and some of us who are VERY concerned about our safety) do not follow the laws.
    Al, Well said. I just don't understand the mentality of people who believe "If I put up a sign saying something is illegal, the criminal will obey it". There must be something I'm missing.
    Criminals by the defination disobey the law in a major way. To me this means they will ignore the sign, just like at the Tachoma mall.
    Dave

Vis et Veneratio

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I know I really shouldnt point this out but...

Let me get this right you followed the guy 80 miles and then he pulls over and you do too and threatens you with a tire iron. So, then you draw down on him. I stopped reading right there, I hope you are more wiser now. The thing to do was to get his tag and call the Highway Patrol you endangered several peoples lives and if you would have squeezed off one. Oh what a mess you would have been in...
    Don't get me wrong Blue, I agree with you. I have to say though that it always pays to remember a little tact goes a long way some times.

(puts on flame suit)
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan
    I know I really shouldnt point this out but...

Don't get me wrong Blue, I agree with you. I have to say though that it always pays to remember a little tact goes a long way some times.

(puts on flame suit)
    Bryan
    Well, what can I say, some people have as much tact as Ghengis Khan. Just Kidding!!

Quote Originally Posted by dpesec
    Al, Well said. I just don't understand the mentality of people who believe "If I put up a sign saying something is illegal, the criminal will obey it". There must be something I'm missing.
    Criminals by the defination disobey the law in a major way. To me this means they will ignore the sign, just like at the Tachoma mall.
    It goes along with the mentality that if .0010 % of the population that have a permit MIGHT break the law, we have to penalize ALL permit holders for what 1 out of 1000 MIGHT do.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links