I joined and guess what.... - Page 2

I joined and guess what....

This is a discussion on I joined and guess what.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't know if I'm missing it or what but where can I find the subscription information?...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I joined and guess what....

Subscription info

I don't know if I'm missing it or what but where can I find the subscription information?

Assistant Administrator
    Bakeryman - welcome!

Not sure what you are not finding. If you want to subscribe to a thread - go to ''thread tools'' and click on the subscribe link. It's in the ''menu'' bar above first post of a page.

If you want to see what threads you are subscribed to - go to you user control panel.

Does this help any?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Yes, welcome!

If, on the other hand, you are looking for information on a subscription to the magazine, try here:

http://www.concealedcarrymag.com/

There's a "subscribe now" button in the left margin.

In my opinion, "Concealed Carry" is truly a "high capacity magazine."
    (Bad joke, good magazine)

SSKC

Bakeryman,
    We've had a recent change in SOP. Both of our URLs (www.concealedcarrymag.com, www.uscca.us) will now take you to different areas of the United States Concealed Carry Association website. If you want to get the magazine you can either join the USCCA or you can get elect for the "magazine only" option. Both of the options are found in the "Join the USCCA" section. Hmmm... as I am describing this, it sounds somewhat confusing. Maybe I'll have to change things around a bit to make it a little clearer. Anyways, I hope this clears things up a bit.
    Best.
    Tim Schmidt

Stats in Volume 2 Issue 3

In the article "What's With These Apologies" by Kathryn Graham, the following statement is made; "The simple truth is that more kids are killed playing high school football each year than die from firearms related incidents, including suicide".

I worte to the editor of the magazine and to the author seeking the source of the statement but have not had a reply. My own searching in in "world of the net" has also yielded no information.

Does anybody hear know the source of the statement? It is such a powerfull statement that quoting the source when making the statement will add to it's authenticity.

Thanks for the help.

Roller

DC Founder
    I would like to know the source of that one, too. Might shut down some of the squeaky wheels....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    About a year ago I heard/read of these stats. Some of the mentioned items were :More CHILDREN die each year of >>equestrian activities,high school football,drownings,bicycleing,diving(in water I suspect)and several others,than gun related(includeing suicide)deaths. I also,do not remember the source of this info. As I remember,the statement was made by a reliable source.-------

I remember a little "Fact Sheet" that the NRA put out. It didn't mention football, but it did mention choking on Hot Dogs, which indicated 3 times as many kids choke to death on hotdogs than are killed by a firearms accident.
    Not sure where the NRA got those numbers either... but the NRA/ILA is a good place to start looking.

I'll contact Kate and ask her where she got the info.

Roller - Sorry for the delayed response.... e-mail seems to pile up faster than I can respond!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Wrestling kids sports are a lot more dangerous than most parents realize. Kid dropped over dead last year while during a wrestling match tragedy but the MM's didn't march on that one either. Good story though was when the MM's tried to pass an anti gun petition at a soccer tournament and the soccer moms boycotted the event and they kicked the MM's out.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

No Problem

CCM_TIM;

No problem. I know that we are all busy. That is why I e-mail her directly the first time but I haven't received a response from her.

Roller

Just ordered mine
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Found this on Gunowners

1. Fact: Twice as many children are killed playing football in school than are murdered by guns. That's right. Despite what media coverage might seem to indicate, there are more deaths related to high school football than guns. In a recent three year period, twice as many football players died from hits to the head, heat stroke, etc. (45), as compared with students who were murdered by firearms (22) during that same time period.

The University of North Carolina conducts yearly surveys to determine the number of high school football fatalities. See David Williamson, "New study finds 18 football players died in 1999 season, eight paralyzed," University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (August 14, 2000) at http://www.eurekalert.org/releases/unc-nsf081100.html. For school firearms deaths, see Dr. Ronald D. Stephens, "School Associated Violent Deaths," The National School Safety Center Report (September 22, 2000) at http://www.NSSC1.org.
    /***********
    Phill
    ************/

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"
    William of Ockham (ca. 1285-1349)

Thanks

Thanks, TwoRavens for the information. I appreciate the errort. I think that this would be good information to publish in the CCM as an article unto itself.

Roller

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links