I joined and guess what.... - Page 6

I joined and guess what....

This is a discussion on I joined and guess what.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cjm5874 cmu, how wise is it to hit on the daughter of a man with many many guns?? Not to mention a ...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I joined and guess what....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874
    cmu, how wise is it to hit on the daughter of a man with many many guns??
    Not to mention a man who has many, many friends with lots and lots of guns!
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Chris, congrats on your step-daughter being on the cover. Not only beautiful, but by the look in her eyes I am willing to bet she is smart also.

Assistant Administrator
    Hehe - oh, she's smart alright.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lessons to be learned in current issue.

This month's issue contains a profile of a CCW holder who tells of an incident in which he had to display his gun. He, his wife and his child stopped for some ice cream. While they were in their vehicle eating it, some men came by using foul language. Well, his wife just had to give them a piece of her mind. They, of course, reacted and he had to intervene. When the men saw his gun they took off.

A few days later he mentioned it to a few of his police buddies and they told him he could have been charged with brandishing. He talked about Massad Ayoob's class and disparity of force. However, he seems to have forgotten what Mas said about the mantle of innocence, which his wife so willingly threw away.

Personally, I think the correct course of action would have been to shut the doors and drive away (without the wife - she had gotten out of the car to confront these guys), but that's just me. However, anyone who carries should sit down and have a heart to heart talk with anyone they might need to protect about avoiding behaviours that could result in (as in should have known probably would have resulted in) a fight.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

Administrator

Good Talk Thread

In PA we have an obligation not to escalate a situation.
    It is extremely wise not to escalate any situation anyway.
    If the final outcome of "egging on" a B.G. to attack should result in a person being forced to use their firearm against another human being/beings then life is never usually a picnic after that.
    Every fatal shooting is usually treated exactly as a homicide until it is ruled or determined to be justified. That's a known fact.
    If a "carry person" really wants to be on the receiving end of a homicide investigation then go ahead and provoke an attack.
    You'll soon change your mind when the Police show up at your front door with a search warrant and are ripping the inside of your house apart & digging around in your personal stuff trying to determine if your wife or girlfriend was having a secret sexual tryst with the guy you just plugged.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    What QK mentions is the very reason to avoid any chance of a confrontation in first place - let alone escalating one that does occur. That guy's wife was way outa line behaving as she did.

I try and get this thru to folks who see a problem with CCW - like I am just bustin' a gut, to ''get it on'' in a gunfight! Couldn't be more wrong!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

An afterthought about "brandishing".

In the article, he describes how he got out of the car and then put the gun in his belt "Mexican". I wonder if the act of inserting the gun in the waistband prior to intervening is what constituted brandishing. That is, if he had been carrying all along, in a holster, and the men saw the gun, would it still have been considered brandishing?
    Basic Pistol

Yep you cant esclate the whole issue orther wise your the bad guy ... your right i would have drove off without the wife

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Hmmm... well, going out on a limb here, but if there was one thing I could change about my wife it's that she sees my concern for our safety and security as a hobby she's indulging and not as something serious.

She enjoys plinking at the range, and probably could and would use deadly force to save our lives, but is unwilling to get a ccw so that she's have that ability handy. My recent efforts to prepare us for an evacuation scenario have caused some friction.

I love her and would never desert her, but if I could change ONE LITTLE THING...

A young lady so obviously intelligent, self-reliant and who makes a priority of personal securty AND is so amazingly beautiful will make quite a catch for some gentleman... and I'm sure he WILL be a gentleman.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Drive off without your WIFE? This is a joke, right?

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier
    Well, with my ex-wife, I was actually looking for opportunities to drive off without her, so maybe, maybe not....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier
    Well, it was said with a little tongue-in-cheak, but only a little. The fact of the matter is that she initiated a situation that could have turned out, at best, ending him up in jail and losing his gun rights, and at worst, a shooting under less than clean circumstances.

I would leave her behind if this was the last in a string of such behaviors after I had repeatedly talked to her about it.
    Basic Pistol

He, his wife and his child stopped for some ice cream. While they were in their vehicle eating it, some men came by using foul language. Well, his wife just had to give them a piece of her mind...

...The fact of the matter is that she initiated a situation that could have turned out, at best, ending him up in jail and losing his gun rights, and at worst, a shooting under less than clean circumstances.
    About 40 years ago, feminists more or less said this to the men of America: "We will give you easy sex without responsibility; you only have to give up one thing."

This seemed to be too good to be true, but what would men have to give up?

The answer: "Your self-respect."

Relieved, the men of American answered as with one voice: "Oh, thank God; we were afraid that it would be something important!"

Of course, it turned out that fun does not always result in happiness: there are now a number of country & western songs about divorce sung by men. Some are intended to be funny. Some very sad. Some very angry.

Character and high morals were something that we believed we really didn't WANT in a dating partner: and then we were shocked that we were betrayed and lied to...and our lives were turned up side down. (None of this worked out well for the women either, as anger never made anybody happy.)

And so we have reached the point in which leaving ones wife in the presence of foul talking men is something that is actually thinkable...and in front of their child no less. Well, women are men too...no? The bitterness and betrayals have been deep, deep, deep, to get to such a place.

My tactical advice? Don't marry such a woman! Marry a woman who you would never even think of leaving under any circumstances. But to get such a woman, a man sometimes has to change...sometimes we must learn to die unto the self.

Let's look at the situation: a group of foul mouthed men have done which would be unthinkable in almost any civilization during the whole course of world history: they have spoken crudely in front of a lady...even worse than that, in front of a child.

Well, this is America: they have free speach! Ok, but we don't have free speach to tell them that we disagree? Specifically, the wife had no right to object without being beaten, raped, or killed? Why?

I gather from the discussion, the husband came to believe that a group of men were about to physically assault his wife for exercising the same free speach that they relied upon to talk as barbarians.

I did not read the article: maybe I've misunderstood the whole situation. I'll just say this: I would unhesitatingly lay down my life for my wife...going to jail and loosing my permit would be a triffling. And I would never, never let my child understand that leaving a wife in a group of foul speaking men is what should be expected of a husband, nor that swearing in front of women and children is something that we should always accept without comment.

We have come to a sad state in this country...but I think things are getting better...slowly.

There are ladies who are treated as such and then there are loud mouthed broads who are on their own. I guess, being from Virginia, you are acquainted with the former, while I, being from the New York City area, am very well acquianted with the latter.
    Basic Pistol

Yep, that just about sums it up! And in only two sentences too. (Not a bad piece of work, Grnzbra.)

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links