Minnesota Adds 11 States Honors List

This is a discussion on Minnesota Adds 11 States Honors List within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Minnesota DPS has added Aklaska, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas to the list of state permits it will ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Minnesota DPS has added Aklaska, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas to the list of state permits it will honor. AR, LA, UT and WY were already honored by Minnesota. Handgunlaw.us will update this information on its site in the next 24 hours.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

w00t!

Another state I can carry in. Though.....I don't know when I would ever find myself that far North...but it's nice to know that if I am I can carry!

Thanks Minnesota!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

C'mon up Sig, it's beautiful here in the summer, all three days....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Wow, great, now when I head to Wisconsin, I can drive up through there and then over before I have to stop unload, lock it up and then continue with my journey.

Of course that means I have to go all the way over to Wyoming and the Dakota's before heading east. Damn that is going to be a long trip, lol.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

So farronwolf when is Texas going to add Mn to the list ? merlin45kout

Quote Originally Posted by merlin45k View Post
    You got me, you will have to address that to the fine Gov. Perry, lol.

Hell he can't even figure out how to get the schools funded, don't put too much on his plate at once.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Minnesota DPS has added Aklaska, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas to the list of state permits it will honor. AR, LA, UT and WY were already honored by Minnesota. Handgunlaw.us will update this information on its site in the next 24 hours.
    Of course, the list should have been 26 new states, not the 11 state bone they threw us but we'll take what they've decided and move forward to get a consistent decision on all the states that are signifigantly similar (MN law) to our permit requirements.
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    w00t!

Another state I can carry in. Though.....I don't know when I would ever find myself that far North...but it's nice to know that if I am I can carry!

Thanks Minnesota!
    Come up in the winter and we can go walk on water and fish with out a boat in 100' deep water.

Come up in the summer and golf, then fish (in a boat this time) in the over 15K lakes, baroque and then go shooting in the great out doors.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by plblark View Post
    Of course, the list should have been 26 new states, not the 11 state bone they threw us but we'll take what they've decided and move forward to get a consistent decision on all the states that are signifigantly similar (MN law) to our permit requirements.
    We will work to get the other eleven!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

CRAP!! No Iowa? *** do you people have against us? Oh well I should have my Utah in hand here very shortly....

Hmmm I wonder where Iowa fails to meet the MN standards? I know Kansas denied Iowa because we allow professional permits to 18yr olds.....

Nice, not that I plan on ever visting there at the moment, but more places to carry is always good!
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by merlin45k View Post
    I suspect that the good folks at the Tx DPS are looking into it as we speak. Gov. Perry has been very pro active when it comes to reciprocity. As a general rule, if a state recognizes Tx, Tx will do all it can to return the favor.

If it is possible for Tx to recognize Mn I look for it to happen soon... within a few weeks.

BTW Thanks Minnesota!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyman View Post
    I suspect that the good folks at the Tx DPS are looking into it as we speak. Gov. Perry has been very pro active when it comes to reciprocity. As a general rule, if a state recognizes Tx, Tx will do all it can to return the favor.

If it is possible for Tx to recognize Mn I look for it to happen soon... within a few weeks.

BTW Thanks Minnesota!!

That's great news about Tx's reciprocity and pro active stance.

Now we just need to get the MN DPS to recognize the 13 other states that are "signifigantly similar" as defined by MN law. Then we can work on getting the reciprocity from all of them and make holding 3-6 permits unnecessary...

it only took them 4 years to do an "annual" review we were promised long ago and get half way to what the law calls for...

bitter? me?
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Glad to hear it! I may come up for a visit but it will definitely be during the warmer months. My rule is to stay away from any place I have to plug my car in for it to start in the morning. It gets cold enough down here.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Quote Originally Posted by plblark View Post
    That's great news about Tx's reciprocity and pro active stance.

Now we just need to get the MN DPS to recognize the 13 other states that are "signifigantly similar" as defined by MN law. Then we can work on getting the reciprocity from all of them and make holding 3-6 permits unnecessary...

it only took them 4 years to do an "annual" review we were promised long ago and get half way to what the law calls for...

bitter? me?
    Do you have a list of those "13 other" states?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links