CCL cases in Illinois

CCL cases in Illinois

This is a discussion on CCL cases in Illinois within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While thinking about the law concerning concealed carry in Illinois I got to thinking that you very seldom see a case in Illinois where a ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: CCL cases in Illinois

CCL cases in Illinois

While thinking about the law concerning concealed carry in Illinois I got to thinking that you very seldom see a case in Illinois where a licensed carrier uses his gun to defend himself. I don't know how many CCLS have been issued in Il. so far but I know that the law has been in effect for a few years now. The number of self defense cases in Illinois is so small that you can't even get an idea of how defensive cases are being handled in court. This has to be a big disappointment to the anti gunners who were predicting that Illinois would be like the wild west once they issued permits to all of us loose cannons. Chicago is a gun free zone so it should not be included in any discussions about legal carry. So it looks like Illinois is really more civilized than most of the rest of the country because we have fewer incidents where we need to protect ourselves. Maybe Illinois is a crappy place to live but some times I think that we all realize that and and have a little more sympathy for each other.

VIP Member Array DogWalksWithMe's Avatar
    Rudy in Tennessee - Sig SP2022, Maverick 88, and one really good dog

"Well regulated" shouldn't be confusing...

Look more like he had to prove he wasn't a criminal. Police should be looking for the criminals. Not making a citizen on his own property. Prove he wasn't a criminal . But that IL . a backwards state if ever was one. When comes to firearms
    ccw9mm likes this.
    “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

come visit me at my home www.bersachat.com or http://www.metroarms1911forum.com

1911's forever !!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

The good guys are starting to fight back! Hopefully when deadly force is used it used in the confines of state laws.

Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    While thinking about the law concerning concealed carry in Illinois I got to thinking that you very seldom see a case in Illinois where a licensed carrier uses his gun to defend himself. I don't know how many CCLS have been issued in Il. so far but I know that the law has been in effect for a few years now. The number of self defense cases in Illinois is so small that you can't even get an idea of how defensive cases are being handled in court. This has to be a big disappointment to the anti gunners who were predicting that Illinois would be like the wild west once they issued permits to all of us loose cannons. Chicago is a gun free zone so it should not be included in any discussions about legal carry. So it looks like Illinois is really more civilized than most of the rest of the country because we have fewer incidents where we need to protect ourselves. Maybe Illinois is a crappy place to live but some times I think that we all realize that and and have a little more sympathy for each other.
    Some info from an online friend KWC who does freedom of information requests with the Illinois State Police nearly every month...

As of the end of the day on June 30, 2016, there were 186,856 active FCCLs (186,828 resident + 28 nonresident) and 2,025,754 active FOID cards.

The first table below captures the current cumulative totals, as of end of day June 30, 2016, for Illinois Concealed Carry Licenses (CCLs) issued to nonresidents and residents since the program began. Note that these totals represent the total number ISSUED, and are not adjusted for those that have since been revoked or cancelled. This table also includes totals for CCLs that have been denied, revoked, or currently awaiting action from the Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board (CCLRB). The paragraph below the table shows the number of CCLs and FOID cards currently active, accounting for those that have since been inactivated.

The second table provides a trend analysis based on prior FOIA requests on CCL totals since June 2015. Earlier trend data is available via prior threads (for example, see Mar 1, 2016 report here).

Some additional observations:

* The backlog of CCLs pending CCLRB review has risen by 94 and has now reached 2,293.

* 4,625 FCCL applications were submitted in the last month.

* The total number of active FCCL licensees rose by 8,093 in June.

* The number of active FOID holders rose by 8,825 in June.
    hick63 and Grantspastor like this.

VIP Member Array DogWalksWithMe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaKoncepts View Post
    Some info from an online friend KWC who does freedom of information requests with the Illinois State Police nearly every month...

The first table below ... The second table ...
    Links or images?
    Rudy in Tennessee - Sig SP2022, Maverick 88, and one really good dog

"Well regulated" shouldn't be confusing...

Chicago is not a gun free zone. I work in the city and the number of gun buster signs are surprisingly low.

Chicago PD at the street level is on our side. They know how bad it is.

28 non resident? That's surprising. I thought they made it impossible to get a nonresident permit. Those 28 must be well connected!

Gerry
    dangerranger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GerryS View Post
    28 non resident? That's surprising. I thought they made it impossible to get a nonresident permit. Those 28 must be well connected!

Gerry
    Not really. It just costs double and you have to be from one of the recognized states.

Quote Originally Posted by gregivq View Post
    Not really. It just costs double and you have to be from one of the recognized states.
    I thought there were no recognized states. I read maybe Hawaii, but I didn't see where any states were listed. That may have changed since I last looked.

Gerry

Senior Member Array lee n. field's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    While thinking about the law concerning concealed carry in Illinois I got to thinking that you very seldom see a case in Illinois where a licensed carrier uses his gun to defend himself. I don't know how many CCLS have been issued in Il.
    200K, or thereabouts, so far

so far but I know that the law has been in effect for a few years now. The number of self defense cases in Illinois is so small that you can't even get an idea of how defensive cases are being handled in court. This has to be a big disappointment to the anti gunners who were predicting that Illinois would be like the wild west once they issued permits to all of us loose cannons. Chicago is a gun free zone so it should not be included in any discussions about legal carry. So it looks like Illinois is really more civilized than most of the rest of the country because we have fewer incidents where we need to protect ourselves. Maybe Illinois is a crappy place to live but some times I think that we all realize that and and have a little more sympathy for each other.
    Chicago is not a gun free zone.

Take the training. Get the license. Carry.

Get on Illinoiscarry.com. Become a supporting member. See what's going on.

November 27th, 2015 01:36 PM
    Not quite thread necromancy.

Not all of Illinois is like Chicago... Where I live, just about everybody has guns. No shootings.. Just your normal juvenile fist fights once in a while... Everybody knows everybody and everybody is armed.. We like it that way..Keeps the peace and the local LEO's appreciate any help that might be needed by a CCL holder.
    cb56 likes this.

-Thomas
    Member, ISRA; NRA Life Member & Instructor; AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com @AlphaKoncepts

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    200K, or thereabouts, so far

Chicago is not a gun free zone.

Take the training. Get the license. Carry.

Get on Illinoiscarry.com. Become a supporting member. See what's going on.

Not quite thread necromancy.
    Hi Lee, this is CGS from Illinois Carry :)
    -Thomas
    Member, ISRA; NRA Life Member & Instructor; AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com @AlphaKoncepts

Quote Originally Posted by GerryS View Post

Gerry
    There are not 28 states where you can get a concealed carry License. Illinois will only issue licenses to residents of the following states: Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina and Virginia.

However the following states will honor the Illinois license...
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    North Carolina
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia – added July 1st, 2016
    Wisconsin
    What States Honor the IL Concealed Carry License? - Alpha Koncepts
    gregivq likes this.
    -Thomas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links