New Orleans 2 years later.

This is a discussion on New Orleans 2 years later. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://breakingnews.nypost.com/dynam...P&SECTION=HOME good for them I'm happy for them....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans 2 years later.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

http://breakingnews.nypost.com/dynam...P&SECTION=HOME

good for them I'm happy for them.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    All i can say is that unless i am convicted of a felony i will not surrender my guns , I may well evade , lie , or whateaver it takes to try and keep things short of a shooting , but i will not surrender them . Its my personal " line in the sand " that wont be crossed whateaver it takes .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

"I got a 6,000-watt generator and the cutest little Smith & Wesson, snub-nose .38 you ever saw," she boasted. "I've never been more confident."
    hehe!!

Notice how they have to stick that little part in there on the end where the ATF is sort of in a backhanded way suggesting that many of the people buying the guns are straw man purchasers doing something illegal??
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

They always put their spin on it!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    If they would put the trash in the ground instead of on parole, or doing nothing, then maybe the problem wouldn't be so bad. They went house to house to take guns from all the people, but I haven't read anything about how many were from law abiding and how many were from the pond scum. Probably will never know that.

"cutest little .38 S&W you ever did see" I love it
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Even though any loss of life is a tragedy, I'd say that the two defensive killings of criminals by civilians seems balanced, maybe even low, compared to the picture of violence projected by the reporting news source.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    "In a measure of how dangerous New Orleans is becoming, guns are finding their way into criminal hands at an alarming rate. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' "time-to-crime" analysis of the interval between the legal sale of a gun and the time it is seized in a crime investigation is five years on average around the nation, said ATF spokesman Austin Banks. In New Orleans, time-to-crime is six months, he said."

So issue every Law abiding Citizen a full combat load.

Now whats the problem?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    "gun sales up 38%..."

Sounds like they need a few more gun stores................
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

And the folks who had their guns taken away in what is possibly the biggest defacation on the Constitution, via that scumbag Ray Nagin, still don't have their legal firearms back yet?

I'm real thankful that the "Live Free Or Die" state of New Hampshire promptly started the bandwagon shortly-post-Katrina, passing legislation that made it a felony crime for any official agency or agent-employee thereof to illegally confiscate lawful firearms in times of declared emergencies. I'm supremely happy my state of FL jumped on that bandwagon too. I believe there was similar legislation passed at the Federal level, but can't pull it up or cite it at the moment.

it certainly was a wake-up call for many though, and that's a good thing. Anarchy is only 7 missed meals away, LOL.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    That looks bigger than a .38

Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

VIP Member
    Notice the standard barred door behind the woman in the picture. If you see the windows they they are the same way. What a way to live. If more people arm themselves and protect themselves maybe they will be able to take the bars off.

The only things I miss about NO is the food and my friends. There are only about half as many friends there now as there were two years ago.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Jimmy View Post
    That looks bigger than a .38

On other sites they have additional pictures of the revolver. It is a
    S & W 637 airweight in .38 special +P. I would advise her to add Crimson Trace Lasergrips to that gun for the perfect package.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    No folks honestly ( haveing had a gun or two pointed at me ) it looks smaller than the .38s i have seen in person lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links