Positive Trend among the States?

This is a discussion on Positive Trend among the States? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Speaking only about the States and not about the Federal Gov., I feel that overall the trend is positive and continues to get better with ...

View Poll Results: Whats the Trend among the States?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positive overall

74 83.15%
  • Negative overall

1 1.12%
  • About the same

11 12.36%
  • Have you seen my Baseball?

3 3.37%

Thread: Positive Trend among the States?

Positive Trend among the States?

Speaking only about the States and not about the Federal Gov., I feel that overall the trend is positive and continues to get better with regard to CC!

Kansas came online in 07 as did Nebraska. Although Nebraska doesn't recognize other states that can be changed. Minnesota has just recognized several more states and Nevada is in the process of doing the same.

I am not aware of any states backsliding with respect to CC rights... although I don't follow this all that closely.

My overall feeling is that CC rights are being expanded by the States!

Let us know how you feel!

2. Remove Ads

things have been getting overall. although, I am apprehensive on what is going to happen after a new occupant is in the white house. are all the gains made in the individual states going to be negated by some federal mandate since the WH/congress is going to be controlled by a party hostile to the 2nd Amendment rights of its citizens. we'll see what happens.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyman View Post
    I am not aware of any states backsliding with respect to CC rights... although I don't follow this all that closely.
    Colorado suffered a political reversal in the last election, and as such our CCW rights will be under assault for the next year or two...

But, overall, CCW is on the upswing across the country...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Texas has been positive, with passage of SB 378 last week. Only one Texas Representative is a co-sponser of HR 1022. I'd classify Texas as positive (duh..... ). I am concerned about the increasing stridency of the rhetoric amongst the traditional "Anti's" and their continued attacks, both on the state and the federal level.

IMHO our work is cut out for us over the next several years.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Red state, blue state

The state by state CCW and gun rights trend has been positive for the last 10 or 20 years. We all know how many states have passed "shall issue" CCW laws or "castle defense" laws over this period. And there hasn't been any significant Federal gun legislation for a long time, with the exception of the on again/off again assault weapons ban that is now "off".

When you look at the individual state trends, it is remarkable how it correlates with the "red state/blue state" breakdown in recent elections. The states that are holdouts on shall issue CCW seem to be those that vote for Presidential candidates like Al Gore and John Kerry. I'm talking about the blue states like CA, NY, IL, HI, MA, MD and NJ. I will be surprised to see any of these places pass a shall issue law in the near future.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyman View Post
    Kansas came online in 07 as did Nebraska. Although Nebraska doesn't recognize other states that can be changed. Minnesota has just recognized several more states and Nevada is in the process of doing the same.
    I agree with Team American about Colorado; currently we have 3 anti-gun bills in the legislature here (a fourth already dead). But overall, I agree that the states are making progress as Rallyman wrote.

Don't forget Arkansas, which recently enacted a law to recognize any other state's CCW permit if that state recognizes Arkansas permits--becomes effective midyear. That should bring reciprocity between
    Arkansas and Colorado, since that's the only Colorado requirement for reciprocity also.
    Last edited by Anubis; March 24th, 2007 at 05:48 PM.

Chucky And His Gang...

are still trying to attack, but overall the outlook in most states is getting better...
    I'm willing to take a step back once in a while, to get five more steps forward...

OMO

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    I'm talking about the blue states like CA, NY, IL, HI, MA, MD and NJ. I will be surprised to see any of these places pass a shall issue law in the near future.
    I agree these states won't budge without some type of court ruling.

ie. May issue is a violation of equal protection, Open carry is a fundimental right, etc.

IFthat happens we may be suprised how fast they fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Team American View Post
    Colorado suffered a political reversal in the last election, and as such our CCW rights will be under assault for the next year or two...

But, overall, CCW is on the upswing across the country...
    Sorry to hear about that. I hope the good folks in Colorado will be able to weather the storm and prevail in the end.

We're halfway through the session now and it ends May 10th, but there's still a lot of damage that can be done. Hopefully we'll be able to reverse some of the bad decisions made now in Nov. 2008.
    "Don't get stuck on stupid!" -Gen. Honore in NOLA

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    It is getting better state by state, like Rock said Texas passed the Castle Doctrine last week.

Now if the Supremes will hear and rule our way on the DC law maybe the Feds will get on board.
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

We hopefully can correct some of the CCW bill language that was misinterpreted in the last years Kansas's CCW bill. Steve48

Links