Got Made at Arby's

This is a discussion on Got Made at Arby's within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No harm and no foul....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got Made at Arby's

No harm and no foul.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

2. Remove Ads

Glad it worked out so well. I too would have asked the officer why he inquired.

If the answer was that "restaurant management" was involved, I'd have visited with the manager on duty before I left, not so much to complain, but to legitimately enlighten him/her that folks carrying guns are likely to be law-abiding citizens spending money in their place....they may not like guns, but they love revenue!

If the answer was related to the "disapproving customer", I'd just let it drop since you can't even carry on an intelligent discussion with most antis.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Can someone explain the open carry laws in Tenn and Arizona.

Who can open carry?
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

TN.

Anyone and everyone can open carry as long as they are in possession of a valid Handgun Carry Permit and are not in an area designated 'No Weapons'.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Here in VA, open carry is legal for anyone who can legally own a handgun. There is no permit required for this.

Thumbs up Professional LEOs

I think the LEO was very professional. He could have made an *** out of him self like the LEOs in Manassass did but chose to do his job useing common sense.
    Last edited by rocky; March 25th, 2007 at 10:43 PM. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    I got into the food line in an Arby's today, went to adjust my cover shirt and realized that it had ridden up in the car and tucked itself inside the butt of my gun (Glock 23, holstered IWB at 4 o'clock). By that time I had already walked across the width of the restaraunt twice to visit the men's room. No problem, it's legal to open carry in Virginia, but about twenty people in line had a chance to see the gun as I walked by, if they had been paying attention. One man, standing at the cash register, was staring at me in a disapproving way so I knew I had been made.

After collecting my food order, I found a seat and began to read the newpaper. The fellow who had made me was sitting in a nearby booth with a lady; he got up a few minutes later and walked to the front of the store. Shortly thereafter, a Chesapeake police officer approached me and politely asked if I was carrying a gun. "Yes," I said. "Do you have it registered?" he asked. "I don't have to have it registered in Virginia, " I replied "but I do have a concealed handgun permit." "May I see it?" he asked. "The gun or the permit?" I asked, laughing as I pulled my wallet. "The permit," he smiled. "Of course and here's my Drivers License, too." He handed them back and told me to have a nice day.

A minute later, his partner sat down in the booth next to me and started talking guns. I told him about which shooting club I'm a member of. He knew of it and intends to come do some IDPA shooting there in the future. When the original officer came back to the booth, he exchanged some pleasantries with me as well.

All in all, it was pretty inconsequential, but my adrenaline level was so high it took me ten minutes to be able to read the paper again. The guy that reported me was probably burning up that I didn't get into some sort of trouble. I'm still troubled about why I was asked about gun registration when there is no legal requirement for it here.

Ahh. Chesapeake...Figures... I stand by my previous statements. Virginia still needs more borders. VA and WV aren't enough. We need North VA, East VA, South VA, and WV. Solves everyone's problems.

Everything up to 20 miles inland from the shore should be East VA. Everything South of Dale City and West of the East VA line should be South VA. Everything North of Dale City should be North VA and add everything North of Dale City and West of Leesburg into WV. All freedom-loving Virginians should move to South or West Virginia and leave the rest to the hippies!
    Attached Images
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I live in manassas but am not aware of what was referenced earlier (anubis and others). enlighten me? Also any word on what happened to shooters paradise yet?
    Last edited by titleist; March 25th, 2007 at 10:23 PM.

I was in a Starbucks (in WA state that could be any corner of the block) when I spied a young man carrying "concealed." His shirt tail had ridden up and the Glock/SOB he was wearing was showing. I politely mentioned to him that his CCW was showing. He thanked me and covered up. He was not acting in an unusual manner and he was riding a motorcycle that day, as was I. We discussed the weather and motorcycles after that. Never gave it a second thought about his rig showing... Just seemed like the friendly thing to do at the time... any thoughts?

Reply to titleist

To find out what happened in Manassass a few weeks ago, see the post titled "EOs harassing gun owners", posted by paramedic70002 on Feb 14 in "CCW Forum/Related Topics/Second Amendment News & Discussion." The post provides a link to the Virginia Citizens Defense League.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    I live in manassas but am not aware of what was referenced earlier (anubis and others). enlighten me? Also any word on what happened to shooters paradise yet?
    In addition to the VCDL account referenced by jofrdo above, there is an extensive thread at opencarry.org. That forum is dedicated to open carry issues (primarily in Virginia), in contrast to CombatCarry, which is devoted to concealed carry.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/1571.html
    Last edited by Anubis; March 26th, 2007 at 07:59 PM.

in a perfect world, thered have been no incident.

in OUR world, you handled the incident perfectly!

i'd have been tempted to go open carry at that point, and make a few trips for soda refills past the complainer... i doubt i actually would, but oh, the satisfaction...

He was just checking you out to see if your a "bad guy" or not. Steve48

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule
    I would have related the incident to the restaurant
    manager , making my displeasure known.
    How is the restaurant manager responsible for a customer who talks to a police officer in the restaurant? If the customer had complained to the manager, and the manager had then talked to the officer, then maybe I could see complaining to the manager. But in this case he/she had nothing at all to do with it.

glad it turned out great. considering you were briefly exposed as well as cops coincidentally walking in, that might have actually been better than having them called.
    What's this button do?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links