Just witnessed an assault

This is a discussion on Just witnessed an assault within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was walking into my local walmart tonight. A guy jumps out of a car and runs up, hits a guy walking with a girl. they ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just witnessed an assault

Lead Moderator

Was walking into my local walmart tonight. A guy jumps out of a car and runs up, hits a guy walking with a girl. they trade punches back and forth.
    I am on 911 reporting what is happening. they they break up, the assaulted guy runs inside. the girl is talking with the assaulter, so I walk by the car iding a little ways away from the two.
    I get a plate # , but find out later , the assaulter forced the girl in the car. Had I witnessed this I would have intervened. But with out knowing who was good/bad, I just figured it was a beef the two guys had.
    Last thing I wanted was to step in and have to worry about my 1911 coming loose, or trading punches over none of my business. Hopefully the PD has all in the wrong in custody as I type this.
    Bottom line , observe, report and be careful. At one point I thought the carload of BG's might be coming around to find me, since I was standing out in front only 25 yrds from em.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Little excitment tonight huh Rocky

ya did what ya could and hopefully helped out and im sure more than other people

VIP Member
    Sounds like you did good in my opinion. You are right on target with the "But with out knowing who was good/bad" comment. Even if you see it from the beginning, you may not know all the details.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

You did more then most would have, Good on you.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Very smart!

Yeah, without knowing the full story of a situation you might just end up defending the wrong side but being a good witness with a cell phone is never a bad thing.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Administrator
    Sounds like you done did good. What kind of wuss runs inside and leaves his girl to contend with the BG alone?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Lead Moderator
    turns out he knew he, but not well. she told him to run. If she had shouted help, or struggled I robably would have stepped in.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

It might have been a mistake to get involved not knowing the circumstances. I think you did great getting the tag numbers. If this was me I would want to know what the out come was.It sounds like two boy friends fighting over the girl.

Lead Moderator
    Actually I probably will find out what all happened. I work closely with PD in my job. the dispatcher knew who I was after I gave em my first name.

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Rocky, I think you did the right thing.

In today's political climate I have to ask, is it worth losing your house and everything you've worked for to defend someone you don't know?

I've answered this question for myself and will only intervene in the case of a Uniformed Police Officer needing assistance or a member of my family. Oh yeah, the LEO's are family.

It would be nice to play John Wayne, but John Wayne never had to go through an investigation or a trial.

Biker

Rocky, Ditto! You did the right thing for everyone, especially yourself. Good job!
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

I hope it was just a fight over the girl. My family frequents that very walmart several times a week. I was there myself tonight with my 12 year old daughter, and I'd hate to think our friendly little town now has to deal with thugs in our parking lots.

Good on ya, mate! Hopefully our overcrowded jail has another resident and we are all a little more safe because of it.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

VIP Member
    Glad you are ok there Rocky.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    Sounds like Wal-Mart's are getting to be the kind of place you don't want to go to at night!

I've heard of 3 incidents so far this month in Wal-Mart parking lots.

I think you did well Rocky!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links