Empty Holster - Page 3

Empty Holster

This is a discussion on Empty Holster within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Steve48 I do that to my cell phone all the time but not my gun. Steve48 wow, a back up cell phone ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Empty Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Steve48 View Post
    I do that to my cell phone all the time but not my gun. Steve48
    wow, a back up cell phone eh? That's communications overload right there. I mean, how many people are you planning to need to talk to. If you can't get it done with one phone I don't see how more would help. Think of all the people you're going to be endangering if you use your 2 cell phones willy nilly

For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

I did some thing that scared me when I got home one night. Carried my PM9 all day long, and was cleaning the gun, and found out , I did,nt have a bullet in the Barrel.I thought, Darn! what If that one time i had to used it to find out it would not shoot. Want happen again.
    Never Bluff, Rid the world of the Bad Guys!

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Well it looks like you are in good company here.

Glad everything turned out ok.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Let me just say, What a cool forum that a bunch of people can feel open enough to admit mistakes.

Thanks for the stories and for being honest.

Well, it appears a lot if us have a story! Last week I had been to the range, shooting my Full Size M&P. I was replacing my defensive ammo, and shooting off the old JHPs. I took all of the old ammo from my M&P Compact as well. Next day, holstered the Compact, and carried it all day. That night, I thought it felt strange when I undressed. Sure enough, I had failed to reload the magazine in the gun. Zippo, nada. Not even one in the pipe. I was carrying a really nice club all day thinking I was properly armed!
    LegalRaptor
    The freedom to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    Can we all say "sinking feeling." My brother-in-law found a revolver complete with holster and gun belt in a Texas hotel dresser drawer a couple of years ago. I'm not sure he ever made an attempt to locate the owner.
    Hey, that's mine! Although, as such time has passed, I do not really remember which hotel, city, or in fact the brand or serial number. But I'm pretty sure the barrel was round, with a front sight. Please have him contact me for shipping instructions.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

lost, but found x 2

OK, to make up for my less than polite first post here, I will dedicate my second post to revealing the TWO times I have misplaced a gun. First time was on the coal hills in Pennsylvania while in a dune buggy. We had been on the coal hills for about an hour. When we got out to take a break, I felt for the gun and realized it was gone. What a feeling to know I had to look for a gun-metal 1911 on a bunch of coal hills. Luckily, it only took about 10 minutes of back-tracking to spot it. The second time was two years later at the same area, but this time I used a fanny pack to carry my USP. I figured it would stay clean and not be able to fall out. Well, I placed the bag on the rear tire while I buckled my wife in her seat, (this was on our fifth anniversary, what a woman!) walked around the front of the buggy, got in and drove away. It took me about 20 minutes to realize that I had no gun. Went back to camp and found the bag with a tire mark on it. The only damage was one side of the mag release had broken off, which was replaced for free. The only other problem was a FTE the first time I fired it after the incident. It is indeed very scary to think you may have lost a gun. Hopefully, never again.

Don't bother looking at my first post. Certain words have been edited by a friendly and understanding mod.

Wink Left behind

I will not name the agency but a local Police dept left a training session and were B.S.ing the parking lot for a while and drove off leaving an M-16 and all the gear in a Tach bag.My buddy the range owner picked it up and secured it and waited.4 days pass not a word so he calls the officer and plays with him a bit and tells him come get your stuff rookie.Well its not a secret now but....fun to get his goat anytime we see him.we always say"got everything _______ !" and give him the wink.
    RVN 68-69 101st Abn. Div. D Co. 101st Avn. Bn.

I've done it a couple of times. My holsters are so comfortable that I forget I have a gun on during the normal course of events. So in a hurry, like you, I have left with the gun at home and only realized it when I went to take the gun off.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

It must be the season.last week I forgot my gun for the 1st time since carrying.I was 1/2 way to work when I realized it..I did have that sweaty feeling for a minute,Did I leave it on the roof of the car?I pocket carry and it is usually the last thing I put in my pocket.That day I was running late......now it's the 1st thing I put in my pocket.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links